Smithburg

Spawn Protection

I really think a little bit of spawn protection would work very well with this mod. Too many people are getting sniped at the spawn locations, and also there are times when you spawn after leaving a game the day before thinking your in a safe spot (ie: right in the middle of nowhere in the woods) and there is someone that happens to be right there. Before you can even get your bearings (and sometimes before the loading screen disappears so you cant see anything) you then get headshotted and die.

If you could add a small timer like say 10 seconds where you are invincible when you spawn, it would make things like this a little more bearable. You could make it where if the player shoots, their spawn protection disappears to keep people from abusing it.

But this would be great to let a player escape to a safer spot or just get their bearings on where they are before they get killed.

• Like 1

I've never been killed before I had time to move 50 yards off the beach and into the nearest cover. Camping on the beach is way over exaggerated if people beleive they're being killed the second they spawn.

There simply are not enough spawn-killing bandits in a 50 person server to possibly cover all 100km of coastline spawn. Its not that great a risk, and it defeats some of rockets purpose in this experiment.

Could be..Newcomers and people, who spawn after death, could be spawn in temporary tents (camouflaged) and randomized locations in western forests. With some radius from players, who are already in those area. Might add more chances to spawn in game, without disruption spawning process.

I've never been killed before I had time to move 50 yards off the beach and into the nearest cover. Camping on the beach is way over exaggerated if people beleive they're being killed the second they spawn.

There simply are not enough spawn-killing bandits in a 50 person server to possibly cover all 100km of coastline spawn. Its not that great a risk' date=' and it defeats some of rockets purpose in this experiment.

[/quote']

I've been seeing it happen quite a bit actually, and heard people talking about it in game on the side channel.

kind of annoying that i just spawned on a different server as the previous 1 crashed and there was a guy just coincidentally sitting where i spawned and killed me instantly.

I dont think spawn protection is a bad idea, it doesnt really aid you in any way apart from helping you get ur bearings like the OP said, if you die after 10sec of spawn protection fair enough...

"harden up princess"

If you've just spawned you've got nothing to lose!

Not really necessary I think, but ok.

Bump instead of starting new topic.

Just today I spawned into a server, and before I had control of my player (screen was black, icons loaded, character was in game but not controllable), I was killed by someone.

There shouldn't be a wait time or a spawn protection per say, just prevent you from being killed when you have absolutely no way to fight back/control your character. Then once you have control, you are able to be fired upon, etc.

Edited by Bukethead

A spawn range like 200 yards would be nice that you cant spawn if somebody are to close on youre location.. It happens to much that you spawn behind a Player in famous Loot areas like the firerstation on Airfield ;) other wise you dont need to disconnected on this hot loot stations.

But just what a said it happens ;) and sometimes you check youre location feel save no footsteps or any sound next moment you get shot cause player spawn on youre back side..

I second this. I second the shit out of this. Bandits are little, puny faggots who camp out and spawn kill you. Today, almost 10 times near the shore when I try to find gear, almost all on different servers.

You got my beans, sir.

I second this. I second the shit out of this. Bandits are little, puny faggots who camp out and spawn kill you. Today, almost 10 times near the shore when I try to find gear, almost all on different servers.

You got my beans, sir.

Keep telling yourself that "hero".

• Like 1

spawn protection in the way of "until u start moving after first spawn u cant be killed" since there is some server lag it would allow people to get there char up on screen and atleast take a step b4 that sniper pulgs em one, only for first spawn along the coast line tho, all other spawns/load should be free for all, ive died many times both ways, and the only one that annoys me is when im starting freash with nothing at all and i get pegged off before the loading screen is done

if im in the forest, and got gear on me i aint bothered, i picked a bad time to log on

spawn protection in the way of "until u start moving after first spawn u cant be killed" since there is some server lag it would allow people to get there char up on screen and atleast take a step b4 that sniper pulgs em one, only for first spawn along the coast line tho, all other spawns/load should be free for all, ive died many times both ways, and the only one that annoys me is when im starting freash with nothing at all and i get pegged off before the loading screen is done

if im in the forest, and got gear on me i aint bothered, i picked a bad time to log on

Until you start moving would be incredibly cheap, until you can control your character seems a bit more reasonable. If you stand still and the game loads you can be shot, it'd be your own damn fault for not moving out of the way. But when your body spawns in before you can even move, shoot, or see and you are killed, feels just a little bit cheap don't you think?

Edited by Bukethead

Until you start moving would be incredibly cheap, until you can control your character seems a bit more reasonable. If you stand still and the game loads you can be shot, it'd be your own damn fault for not moving out of the way. But when your body spawns in before you can even move, shoot, or see and you are killed, feels just a little bit cheap don't you think?

untill control was able to happen is what i ment, worded it wrong