Sign in to follow this  
Charlizard

Is having hacked weaponry bannable?

My server logs are flood with messages like these, from one guy.

4:51:38 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady04",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:51:38 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:51:50 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:51:50 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:1:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady04",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:51:50 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:52:02 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:52:02 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady01",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:52:02 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:52:16 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:52:16 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady04",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:52:16 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:52:28 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:52:28 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady02",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:52:28 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:52:42 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:52:42 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady02",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:52:42 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:52:54 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:52:54 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:1:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_aiming02",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:52:54 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:53:06 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:53:06 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady01",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:53:06 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:53:18 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:53:18 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady03",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:53:18 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:53:32 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:53:32 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady02",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:53:32 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:53:46 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:53:46 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:1:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady02",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

4:53:46 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

4:53:50 "DW_DEBUG FPS : 50"

4:53:59 "UPDATE: [b 1-1-B:1 (Qrfl) REMOTE,[],false]"

4:53:59 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:201:23586249:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","aidlpercmstpsraswrfldnon_idlesteady01",42]:0:0::0:" / 23586249"

Am I mistaken, or is this gun hacked in?

You wouldnt be getting hive messages, if someone was spawning weapons. Look for the actual script itself, this looks more like saves to the hive, or relogs.

As per the above, what do you think is hacked? All items can be found here http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons

And again if anything is spawned in you will see the script, then do a CTRL+F to locate who's using that weapon. I frown upon players who pick up hacked kit.

Picking up an item that has been hacked isnt bannable, creating it is.

But if you do carry around hacked gear, note that the anti-hacking measures will be "watching" you more.

I kick & warn player about restricted weapon. One time player didn't understand me and replied that he found AS50 with thermal scope on my server. After a few kicks, his GUID was added to ban list. Amen.

I kick & warn player about restricted weapon. One time player didn't understand me and replied that he found AS50 with thermal scope on my server. After a few kicks, his GUID was added to ban list. Amen.

You arent allowed to kick or ban for picking up "hacked" weapons

I'd ban the player off the server.

If a player picks up a hacked weapon, for all I care, it becomes his problem.

• Like 1

I'd ban the player off the server.

If a player picks up a hacked weapon, for all I care, it becomes his problem.

You realise that a huge amount of the playerbase, are new players that dont even know what weapons are in the game right? This is the exact problem with player hosted servers lol. Follow the Day Z rules, DO NOT BAN OR KICK people for anything except hacking, and racism.

Edited by Suspenselol

You realise that a huge amount of the playerbase, are new players that dont even know what weapons are in the game right? This is the exact problem with player hosted servers lol. Follow the Day Z rules, DO NOT BAN OR KICK people for anything except hacking, and racism.

For all I know, he can be the hacker. If I ask a player why he has a hacked weapon, whether he's a hacker or a legit player, he'll say "I found it" and not "I hacked it".

• Like 1

For all I know, he can be the hacker. If I ask a player why he has a hacked weapon, whether he's a hacker or a legit player, he'll say "I found it" and not "I hacked it".

Correct, and at that point, you do not have sufficient evidence that he did in fact spawn the weapon, thus you should not be banning or kicking him. Its clearly in the guidelines in the Day Z rules.

Edited by Suspenselol

Picking up an item that has been hacked isnt bannable, creating it is.

But if you do carry around hacked gear, note that the anti-hacking measures will be "watching" you more.

if battleye sees you constantly using a hacked item it can ban you. You have to be using scripts to get the items. . . though it may seem like the latter it's tough to trick the battleye. All these fools downloading scripts will soon learn that they've been fools for thinking that the battleye guys are doing nothing. Just wait in about a week or three, once they are done allot of people are gonna be crying "unfair" just like last month.

As per the above, what do you think is hacked? All items can be found here http://www.dayzwiki....<br /><br />And again if anything is spawned in you will see the script, then do a CTRL+F to locate who's using that weapon. I frown upon players who pick up hacked kit.

The gun that this player Qrfl has is not in the game. "M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo"

But as others have said, the gun is his problem now.

Correct, and at that point, you do not have sufficient evidence that he did in fact spawn the weapon, thus you should not be banning or kicking him. Its clearly in the guidelines in the Day Z rules.

I know. But personally, I would prefer to ruin one player's experience than leave a hacker online to ruin it for 30 other people.

if battleye sees you constantly using a hacked item it can ban you. You have to be using scripts to get the items. . . though it may seem like the latter it's tough to trick the battleye. All these fools downloading scripts will soon learn that they've been fools for thinking that the battleye guys are doing nothing. Just wait in about a week or three, once they are done allot of people are gonna be crying "unfair" just like last month.

No it cant, read the battleye website

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Clearly states you wont be banned for using hacked items or vehicles, only for spawning them.

I know. But personally, I would prefer to ruin one player's experience than leave a hacker online to ruin it for 30 other people.

Thats just a completely wrong attitude towards it. Day Z stated the rules, you dont have the right to take away the ability for anyone to play, unless they are clearly hacking. If everyone did as you did, a lot of people would have trouble playing because hackers spawn weapons on everyone on the server.

Its not up to you or any other admin to bend the rules Rocket put in place.

Edited by Suspenselol

This has come back in the past, and the general consensus was that it was bannable.

If I ran into a player using a hacked weapon, I would warn them several times to drop the weapon. If they did not comply, they would be temporarily removed from the server (the temporary wouild increase each time they came back).

Keep in mind, once you notify the user that their golden AK is not a valid item, they no longer have ignorance to rely on.

One other thing, using a hacked weapon will corrupt your profile in the hive.

This has come back in the past, and the general consensus was that it was bannable.

If I ran into a player using a hacked weapon, I would warn them several times to drop the weapon. If they did not comply, they would be temporarily removed from the server (the temporary wouild increase each time they came back).

Keep in mind, once you notify the user that their golden AK is not a valid item, they no longer have ignorance to rely on.

One other thing, using a hacked weapon will corrupt your profile in the hive.

The general consensus of NON day z staff i suppose, they have no say in this.

I agree that kicking them after warning them about the weapon is fine, but banning i dont agree with. There could be several reasons why someone having a "hacked" weapon, wouldnt be able to see the message or understand it.

Its not up to you or any other admin to bend the rules Rocket put in place.

^This.

By hosting a server you agree to abide by the rules, thats just how it is.

I'm sure all of the admins out there locking, passwording, or otherwise keeping their servers empty through forced kicks also have some way to rationalise what they are doing, even if it is flagrantly against the rules that DayZ staff have posted.

I know it's going to put a lot of server owner's noses out of joint to find that they in reality have very little control over their own server that they are paying for, but its like that for a very good reason.

Thats just a completely wrong attitude towards it. Day Z stated the rules, you dont have the right to take away the ability for anyone to play

I'm not taking anyone's ability to play.

I'm just keeping them out of 1 server out of thousands.

The general consensus of NON day z staff i suppose, they have no say in this.

I agree that kicking them after warning them about the weapon is fine, but banning i dont agree with. There could be several reasons why someone having a "hacked" weapon, wouldnt be able to see the message or understand it.

Not my problem. If they're using a hacked weapon and risking their Hive Profile (perma corrupted was the term that rocket used), I don't want other "noob" players at risk when they play on my server that they may kill this person, pick up and use the weapon.

Using a hacked weapon that you found, and continued use after being told it is a hacked item, is cheating. Plain and simple. I will warn you, but if you don't acknowledge or comply, I will remove you from the server. If you return, and you continue to use the weapon and ignore an Admin's warnings, I will provide you with an escallating break from the server (day, week, month, permanent - yes I do keep track of all bans).

I understand players are new, and I want to help and support those players. But if someone blatently ignores warnings and admin direction on serious issues (and I consider exploiting and cheating to be a serious issues), then they will not be welcome to play on US 917 for much longer.

The previous time this topic came up, someone linked to a rocket post which stated that using hacked weapons was considered "exploiting", whether you spawned them or not. Given this post, the consensus in that thread from the participating server admins was that using a banned weapon was kick/bannable. No DayZ staff protested in that thread.

Edited by Sna.ke
  • Like 1

"M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo" is the halo M203 SD with Eotech scope. The weapon isn't banned on the dayZ files, but it does not drop in the game, hence it is possible for cheaters to push it into the game via a script or hack. So yeah, its not a legitimate weapon.

That would be easy for rocket to permaban for since its easy to search the databae for "M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo" and any results that got returned would obviously be hackers or people who killed a cheater and picked it up off his corpse.

Edited by Entaro

I'm not taking anyone's ability to play.

I'm just keeping them out of 1 server out of thousands.

If everyone did what you did, we would have a problem, would we not?

Not my problem. If they're using a hacked weapon and risking their Hive Profile (perma corrupted was the term that rocket used), I don't want other "noob" players at risk when they play on my server that they may kill this person, pick up and use the weapon.

Using a hacked weapon that you found, and continued use after being told it is a hacked item, is cheating. Plain and simple. I will warn you, but if you don't acknowledge or comply, I will remove you from the server. If you return, and you continue to use the weapon and ignore an Admin's warnings, I will provide you with an escallating break from the server (day, week, month, permanent - yes I do keep track of all bans).

I understand players are new, and I want to help and support those players. But if someone blatently ignores warnings and admin direction on serious issues (and I consider exploiting and cheating to be a serious issues), then they will not be welcome to play on US 917 for much longer.

The previous time this topic came up, someone linked to a rocket post which stated that using hacked weapons was considered "exploiting", whether you spawned them or not. Given this post, the consensus in that thread from the participating server admins was that using a banned weapon was kick/bannable. No DayZ staff protested in that thread.

Why dont you link the thread? I looked through all rockets posts, and i dont see it. The official server rules and guidelines on the knowledge base is what counts, as those are official. They clearly states

No kicking and no banning unless you can prove said person was hacking, or using racist remarks.

Any kicks or bans outside of this, can result in ID being revoked. The rules are there for a reason, and you are breaking them because why not.... Its not up to us.

Meh, nevermind. Not important.

Edited by Charlizard

If I find people on my server running around with hacked gear that isn't in DayZ, they are banned.

The answer is no you wont be banned.

Overzealous admins may ban you for having weapons that do not exist (like rocket launchers and other items that don't exist natively in Day Z) however most of these admins would have to know you have that item first.

However saying that the hive should be setup so that if you log off with a weapon it doesn't use it isn't stored and vanishes.