SiGouin

More hackers encouraged to hack

Well not true. I played Counterstrike from the day it came out. Never - I repeat N E V E R was counterstrike so prone to Hacks!

I have seen Hacks daily in the last 6 days. Yesterday two in one day.

Actually I care about this mod, thats the reason why everyone should talk about this issue. Obviously you don`t have a clue about what you are talking.

At best questionable is why you are attacking people complaining about Hacks. Do you like it to spend hours playing just to get killed by a mass kill hack? Probably you are using them yourself, because this can be the only reason why you are hostile against people telling the truth!

Counter Strike is probably the most hacked game since quite some time, you do have to consider the fact that the type of "hacking" is very different. To hack in DayZ you need a Bypass to execute scripts which are possible within the base game ARMA2 anyway, in CS you have Wallhacks & Aimbots, the latter don't use stuff that's already implemented in the HL engine. The *** is more obvious because it may contain stuff like paratrooper cows and Masskill, while in CS the peak would be wallshots in the head. But to this day many people pee their pants as soon as ESL's Aequitas busts another wave of CS hackers, probably more people than the total amount of players DayZ will ever have.

Actually alot of hackers have been banned, more bans will be incoming im sure.

Also typing in capitals does not make people want to read what you are writing, in fact it makes me ignore it.

How is a ban wave 3-4 days ago "Nothing happening to hackers"

.Point is that there seems to be more and more hackers, today i joined 9 servers in a row that had hackers, Rocket needs to realize its bigger then they think and start finding a way to fix the hacks not ban the hackers.

• Like 1

Counter Strike is probably the most hacked game since quite some time, you do have to consider the fact that the type of "hacking" is very different. To hack in DayZ you need a Bypass to execute scripts which are possible within the base game ARMA2 anyway, in CS you have Wallhacks & Aimbots, the latter don't use stuff that's already implemented in the HL engine. The *** is more obvious because it may contain stuff like paratrooper cows and Masskill, while in CS the peak would be wallshots in the head. But to this day many people pee their pants as soon as ESL's Aequitas busts another wave of CS hackers, probably more people than the total amount of players DayZ will ever have.

I agree on the type of hacking. What I meant is that counterstrike never had such a game destroying hack enviroment. I mean counterstrike was always playable. From day one. But spending hours in a game just to be killed (by a Hacker) over and over again is a huge problem. How many times is somenone willing to start over again if he knows that he most probably will be killed by a Hacker?

Edited by Kingsix

I agree that on the type of hacking. What I meant is that counterstrike never had such a game destroying hack enviroment. I mean counterstrike was always playable. From day one. But spending hours in a game just to be killed (by a Hacker) with every other player over and over again is a huge problem. How many times is somenone willing to start over again if he knows that he most probably will be killed by a Hacker?

True, but that's less the problem of the hacks but simply the consequence of the different games. In CS the worst thing that can happen to you is that you have a K/D of 0/100 or something and get called a newbie (or worse, it's still the CS community after all). DayZ is more like Diablo in Hardcore mode, you spend days or weeks "grinding" your character and if you lose, you lose the time you spent on that char. So since death has worse consequences in DayZ than a normal FPS like CS, death by hackers is way worse than it would be in your standard frag fest.

The more you lose, the harder it is to accept defeat. If the defeat comes by something you can't fight, something unfair like a bug or a hacker, it hurts much more than it would otherwise. That's the nature of the game, and the more hardcore it is, the more people get annoyed by hackers. The only thing the community can do is trying to relax, if it doesn't bother people that much when they die by Thunderdome or stuff like that, the script kiddies will vanish once it gets boring. Real cheaters always tried to stay under the radar (compared to ESL cheaters and public server ragers), they will stay but they don't really hurt the experience.

Or simply put: don't feed the trolls, they have a big tommy.

I agree on the type of hacking. What I meant is that counterstrike never had such a game destroying hack enviroment. I mean counterstrike was always playable. From day one of release. But spending hours in a game just to be killed (by a Hacker) over and over again is a huge problem. How many times is somenone willing to start over again if he knows that he most probably will be killed by a Hacker?

Fixed this for you. Do you understand yet?

It's funny how you defend bohemia.... as they are the ones who ruin this.

If they would change their banning model to instant ban each invidual hacker would destroy less of the your gameplay experience.

On the other hand this might get them less money, as not as many hackers possible get banned by using one tool.

Well now you know it :]

Fixed this for you. Do you understand yet?

You do understand that the engine arma2 is quite "released"?

All hail the beans!

And this will hopefully never change, since the ARMA series, and to some extend OFP (part 1, not Codemasters' abomination) need this trusted client stuff to be as awesome as they are now. It's bad for DayZ as an MMOFPS, but on the other hand the mod can rely on some great functions which aren't present in other engines.

Well then tell me which kind of "awesome function" are they using ? I can see absolutely no element in DayZ which is "unique" that it would need this engine.

Yeah but brosef, your common sense isn't accepted here. I mean hell we still have people calling the MOD a GAME. You sir get a can of beans!

Explain how this is not a game ? Don't you play it? [Very nitpicking]

Edited by SirSlayer
  • Like 1

Blip gets some beans for offering the guy a fix, to his stuck in the ground problem. the rest of you? MEH.... Boring

Well then tell me which kind of "awesome function" are they using ? I can see absolutely no element in DayZ which is "unique" that it would need this engine.

Bullet physics, all the weapon & ammunition data, general moddability of the engine, the netcode, all the assets like textures, meshes, sound, AI routines. Basically everything except the HIVE is based on ARMA2.

You do understand that the engine arma2 is quite "released"?

You do understand that it's not up to rocket to fix the ARMA II engine? And my point in saying that in the first place was that CS had an official release before Kingsix started playing it. Day Z has not had an official release because it isn't done. What we have right now is the privilege to play Day Z as it gets developed and updated.

When Day Z is officially released, there still might be hackers, but it won't be anything like what we're seeing now. This is temporary.

Edited by Shappie
  • Like 1

Bullet physics, all the weapon & ammunition data, general moddability of the engine, the netcode, all the assets like textures, meshes, sound, AI routines. Basically everything except the HIVE is based on ARMA2.

So that is your definition of unique?

- weapons and ammo, every shooter has them

- general moddability other games do this aswell, doesn't seem to stop from programming a lot of mistakes

- assets, yes quite unique to this game

- AI routines ? Dafuq ? he uses animal AI last of what I heard

- netcode: each MP game has that but just a guess

the only thing which is kinda unique is the bullet physics and even these I have seen in other games.

You do understand that it's not up to rocket to fix the ARMA II engine? And my point in saying that in the first place was that CS had an official release before Kingsix started playing it. Day Z has not had an official release because it isn't done. What we have right now is the privilege to play Day Z as it gets developed and updated.

When Day Z is officially released, there still might be hackers, but it won't be anything like what we're seeing now. This is temporary.

I never said that it's rockets fault, so don't make things up.

That the game is so hackable is indeed bohemias fault.

Edited by SirSlayer

I never said that it's rockets fault, so don't make things up.

That the game is so hackable is indeed bohemias fault.

As I said before, I was talking about Day Z and not ARMA II. You jumped into a conversation and didn't know what I was referring to. Apologies for the insinuation.

But yes, 100% agree that it's Bohemia's fault. Hacking in this game was barely a problem before Day Z. Now that it's prevalent they are giving it the attention it deserves. It was simply unprepared for.

Try to understand that it's a slow process. People don't seem to get that. I'm sure that making the game more secure is high on their list of priorities at the moment.

Edited by Shappie

So that is your definition of unique?

- weapons and ammo, every shooter has them

- general moddability other games do this aswell, doesn't seem to stop from programming a lot of mistakes

- assets, yes quite unique to this game

- AI routines ? Dafuq ? he uses animal AI last of what I heard

- netcode: each MP game has that but just a guess

- And in every shooter the bullet flies straight for 1000m and than disappears into the land of magic, sometimes there's an exception like Battlefield but those physics are "meh" at best (and I like that series)

- What kind of mistakes? ARMA2 is a military simulator designed to add different modifications with the same theme, a zombie apocalypse MMOFPS is a little bit out of focus, but still possible

- AI routines include more than simple "attack" and "die" commands, reacting to sound and visibility is one of that. Sure many engines have that, but in DayZ those ARMA2 basics are used, so ARMA2 gets credit for it

- The Netcode is still based on the ARMA2 engine, don't see the problem there

Edited by daskleineviech

The ammunition spawn balance in the new patch is now one of the most important aspects of the mod, since the ammunition count saving issue has been resolved.

The fix is certainly going to enrich gameplay in all aspects, but I recon there will be negative side effects. If all players now have UNLIMITED --> LIMITED ammunition. E.g. a lot more people are going to look into hacking, and the (subtle, stealthy) hackers that are still in there, are going to be even more of a considerable impact to the rest.

Will this make people even more prone into killing other players, because they need to fight over ammunition, resupply and increased looting at military installations and cities? Or will people start to team up more in order to not waste bullets?

People disconnecting in fights is still a problem. Is it worth to waste bullets on players who then disconnects? When this thought crosses the experienced bandit's mind, I don't think he will fire in >20% of the cases.

My concluding thought is that this will greatly enhance gameplay, but will also enhance and escalate the concurrent problems of abusers within the mod and the community. These problems can not be endured anymore, and especially not escalated. Rocket and his team understand this, and I think the reason why they're quiet at the moment and not releasing the new patch, is because they're working on updating BattlEye and banning most of the hackers until the next version.

Edited by Vitdom

The lack of infinite ammo for legit players will probably reduce the spawn killing in the south, since the mags for all the fancy AS50 rifles can't be obtained by rejoining anymore. So some newbies or recently killed players might survive a little longer instead of getting instakilled.

But the north will be an even bigger mess, since the guys who want to keep the higher grade weapons need to get the ammo for them, so they travel up and clash with the guys like me who already set camp in the north. I'm happy with it, more things to shoot.

- And in every shooter the bullet flies straight for 1000m and than disappears into the land of magic, sometimes there's an exception like Battlefield but those physics are "meh" at best (and I like that series)

- What kind of mistakes? ARMA2 is a military simulator designed to add different modifications with the same theme, a zombie apocalypse MMOFPS is a little bit out of focus, but still possible

- AI routines include more than simple "attack" and "die" commands, reacting to sound and visibility is one of that. Sure many engines have that, but in DayZ those ARMA2 basics are used, so ARMA2 gets credit for it

- The Netcode is still based on the ARMA2 engine, don't see the problem there

You claimed that DayZ uses many of Arma2 unique features and I showed you that most of these things aren't that unique.

You claimed that DayZ uses many of Arma2 unique features and I showed you that most of these things aren't that unique.

Then name me another game which has all those things, including a giant ass map free to explore and a built-in editor to mess around and create your own scenarios. I'd happily buy that game, really.

I've mentioned this in other threads on hacking, the fact that hacks are so much of a problem is because of the very thing that allowed DayZ to happen in the first place. The VR engine has a very powerful editor and scripting language allowing for some of the best mods made for any game out there. Project Reality, Advanced Combat Environment, ACRE, the MSO scripts, community made maps and weapons systems, the list goes on.

Rocket has had to hack/script Arma 2 to it's core to get DayZ working and BIS has helped him and other mod makers achieve the similar. BIS has a hard task to do, they have to help squash hacks without harming the the very thing that makes these mods achievable in the first place.

I'm afraid we'll have to deal with hacks until DayZ goes standalone.

Edited by BoneMender

LOL what makes you think you have the right to tell people what they can and cannot post about ?

everyone has the right its if they listen or not is the point..

lol, so much hate going on in my thread.... i love it :)

• Like 1

LOL, I feel for you.

The best thing to do is downgrade @DayZ to 1.7.2.3 files and spawn on a 1.7.2.3 server, then respawn as the button should be back I think.

Edited by Gadget

lol yesterday a hacker teleported to me and gave me and a few friends of mine some sweet guns and he was actually very friendly. He didn't kill anyone he just helped us out and then teleported away. I thought all hackers on day Z only ruined it by throwing nukes and stuff but apparently there's kind hackers too. :P

yeah i had the same.

but he stayed the whole day and spawned choppers for us xD and 10 cars. and we added him on skype. 2 days later he got banned. NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Am I doing something wrong? Hundreds of hours since May and I've yet to encounter one of these malicious hackers. I do tend to play in the graveyard hours so that must have something to do with it.