Sign in to follow this  
Bandit Hunter

72 days alive. Finally put down.

My 72 day old character (granted, I have not played every day or even every month) was finally done in tonight.

This is my first post in months.

I had been living quite well in and around the dam in the North East for quite some time. I set off up north, where people used to park they're spare vehicles when they we're done for the night. Finding nothing, I curved back down to the NW of the NW airfield. Here I got into a simple ARMA firefight with two other humans, using cover and concealment, just like the good old days.

They had the better position. I was wishing I had artillery support. No dice.

I dropped one, but they dropped me as well, bleeding.

I took off into the wild when the shooting stopped for a moment, dropped my weapon and gear under a tree (no loot for sore winners,) hiked as far as I could before deciding to let myself bleed out.

Back to the coast.

Its different. My coveted flashlight is now standard, the Makarov I used to throw away is now sacred. I have yet to see many of the new features in play.

I'm off again, see you all in the woods.

Edited by Bandit Hunter
  • Like 5

Aren't the days normally counted by in-game time? I'm only on day 2 after an entire week of playing.

Aren't the days normally counted by in-game time? I'm only on day 2 after an entire week of playing.

Not sure how it worked, but I logged in tonight to "Day 72" in the bottom right

Godspeed brave soldier. May your flight to your tent be exciting and profitable.

• Like 1

Ah fair enough, I assumed you didn't actually see that and were just referring to IRL time. That's a long time.

its days since you first made him

could of made a char on day 1 come back on few months later and claim youre 100 days old char or w/e :P

its days since you first made him

could of made a char on day 1 come back on few months later and claim youre 100 days old char or w/e :P

That can't be right, I've played for a bit then been busy and jumped on days later and I swear it says day 0 still even though I hadn't died.

That can't be right, I've played for a bit then been busy and jumped on days later and I swear it says day 0 still even though I hadn't died.

If DayZ is anything like it was a couple months ago, its gliiiithcy

If DayZ is anything like it was a couple months ago, its gliiiithcy

Fair point.

my longest lasted character died tonite aswell..

fell victim to a staircase glitch and and ended up looking like i did a running jump down to the floor below instead of crouching down teh stairs..

landed and broke my legs.

alas no supplies to fix teh leg, so i crawled my way to a location i knew i could find again to accept my fate. then whilst laying in the wet grass i fired the "dinner bell"..

sure enuf plenty of Zombels came to fill up... suked having to die to a glitch but ohwell..

on a sidenote i spawned and ran back to my body (which was still there untouched in a thick bush) and grabbed all my gear.

now back to business.. time to find some shelter and prepare for another day in Zombie hell tomorow.

• Like 1

my longest lasted character died tonite aswell..

fell victim to a staircase glitch and and ended up looking like i did a running jump down to the floor below instead of crouching down teh stairs..

landed and broke my legs.

alas no supplies to fix teh leg, so i crawled my way to a location i knew i could find again to accept my fate. then whilst laying in the wet grass i fired the "dinner bell"..

sure enuf plenty of Zombels came to fill up... suked having to die to a glitch but ohwell..

on a sidenote i spawned and ran back to my body (which was still there untouched in a thick bush) and grabbed all my gear.

now back to business.. time to find some shelter and prepare for another day in Zombie hell tomorow.

First day back,

I met up with a guy who turned out to be a bandit. Didn't matter, we worked for about 2 hours, got geared up, spent an hour in Cherno. Got into a close quarters engagement with a couple of snipers on a rooftop, 15 minuet standoff. We held out, The sniper hidden behind a doorway decided he wanted to talk to us, see who he was facing. While he was holding down the mic key, we moved in. After grabbing the loot and heading to another buddy to get out,I slipped over the railing and fell to my death. Such is life in the zone.

im alive 80 days 8D

SEE ON YOUTUBE MY VIDEOS WALKING ALONG ALL MAP ,NOT ONLY IN FOREST KKK

KISSES TO ALL!

IM STILL ALIVE! WORLD RECORD!

So that explains the loot under that tree..., nah just kidding, nice job, hope to see you on the coast, I just lost my 68 day character with 50+ murders to a bus.

I don't get it, why did you dump your loot and bleed out ? From how i read it you got out of the firefight and were clear and away ?

Nah Im like 70 days played on a local clan server. You can log in and then let the timer run for eternity. Only scrubs used days played to measure anything.

Well then... this was pleasant. Most of the time when you find threads like this they say "OMFG DAMN HACKING MOTHER FUCKER HACKS I HATE DAYZ WORST GAME ON PLANET FUCK OFF I QUIT"

But like I said this was a pleasant change.