Hello all.

I've been pretty adament in my stance against hacking and the complaints of hacking.

But every day there are new ways to abuse the system.

Things a 10 year old could easily do.

Two new things have popped up on my radar since yesterday, and they don't involve scripts.

Its quite depressing.

One involves deleting certain files from Arma 2, basically giving you wallhack.

All trees and grass get removed, and some buildings.

If any server Admin read this, Barronism has provided a fix for this :

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48141-people-using-tree-grass-exploit/page__st__20#entry481304

The other, much more annoying exploit involves adding anything to your inventory easily.

Its pathetic, really.

We need a standalone.

Hurry up Rocket.

I'm scared for the future of this mod if we have to put up with this crap much longer.

Not to mention Thunderdome. That is such a malicious script, I can't imagine who wrote it. Especially with the added functionality of disabing Alt-F4 and the abort button.

I can't bring myself to respect these hackers anymore.

They are assholes out to ruin peoples day.

• Like 5

Wuite frankly, I think they need to fix cheating before adding ANYTHING NEW. You cant enjoy new content if it just gets cheated away from you anyway.

alot of the hacking/exploits cant be fixed till its stand alone.. sorry guys

You'd think they'd get bored?

• Like 1

Why would you respect a hacker? Or more accuratly a script kiddie?

I don't respect script kiddies.

Not in the slightest.

The people writing these things however, the private ones at least, I do respect.

I'm a coder myself, that's why I suppose.

Majority of hackers wouldn't be the ones using the nukes or thunderdome's.

That's the 12 year old skiddies.

Would a 12 year old even know what the thunder dome is?

All he knows is that he is all powerful and with the push of a button can ruin many people's experience.

Even if you end up dying to a hacker, who cares? It's happened to me quite a few times.

What are you losing hope in? This mod? Why do you invest hope in a video game? If this is the case, and such trivial matters are depressing you, then I would advise taking a long break from the game and pursuing other interests.

Possibly hacking and cheating should be priority number one on the to do list. I've been in 2 servers with hackers, all they did was spawn a tank, or kill everyone on the server, but other than that I haven't ran into anything to serious. But from the sound of it some people are just having bad luck with them constantly and they should really get on it rather than decide to give heroes and bandits skins.

Hello all.

I've been pretty adament in my stance against hacking and the complaints of hacking.

But every day there are new ways to abuse the system.

Things a 10 year old could easily do.

Two new things have popped up on my radar since yesterday, and they don't involve scripts.

Its quite depressing.

One involves deleting certain files from Arma 2, basically giving you wallhack.

All trees and grass get removed, and some buildings.

If any server Admin read this, Barronism has provided a fix for this :

http://dayzmod.com/f..._20#entry481304

The other, much more annoying exploit involves adding anything to your inventory easily.

Its pathetic, really.

We need a standalone.

Hurry up Rocket.

I'm scared for the future of this mod if we have to put up with this crap much longer.

Not to mention Thunderdome. That is such a malicious script, I can't imagine who wrote it. Especially with the added functionality of disabing Alt-F4 and the abort button.

I can't bring myself to respect these hackers anymore.

They are assholes out to ruin peoples day.

Interesting seeing you make one of these threads. I guess that's proof enough it's getting out of hand.

Even if you end up dying to a hacker, who cares? It's happened to me quite a few times.
It would be fine if there was an occasional hacker. Unfortunately it's been every day for me. I've been lucky enough to avoid face to face encounters for the past week or so, but some of the servers I've been playing on have been leveled. When I say leveled, I mean dudes flying around in a hacked chopper dropping satchel charges into buildings and camp sites, killing everyone and flattening most structures. Not to mention all of the massmurders that have killed me, and the ones I've narrowly avoided. The hackers who make themselves invisible, teleport around, and shoot everyone in the back.

On my normal server, it's almost impossible to keep a vehicle. It'll get destroyed within a day, by someone who can see everything and everyone on the server.

If this was a rare occurrence then fine. Complaining would be silly. Unfortunately it's not rare. It's CONSTANT. I feel like I can't play the damn game anymore.

Edited by Falcrist
  • Like 1

It's not the hacking, I just laugh that off.

The fact you can give yourself items externally without scripts or anything just pisses me off.

I'm not depressed, I'm angry.

I'm not going to lay blame on anyone involved, because it's all their fault.

Mayswell just resign to a private hive with heard min that are aloud to ban and kick players.

Or password.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks, but thunderdome is on almost every ANZ/NZ server.

It's funny at first, but since they disabled Alt-F4 and disconnecting through the script, it's just a shit cunt move now.

• Like 1

It's not the hacking, I just laugh that off.

The fact you can give yourself items externally without scripts or anything just pisses me off.

I'm not depressed, I'm angry.

I'm not going to lay blame on anyone involved, because it's all their fault.

Mayswell just resign to a private hive with heard min that are aloud to ban and kick players.

Or password.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks, but thunderdome is on almost every ANZ/NZ server.

It's funny at first, but since they disabled Alt-F4 and disconnecting through the script, it's just a shit cunt move now.

I am honestly very close to going into private servers full time. I mean i hate to not be contributing in the form of data collection, but i love this mod and want to enjoy the time i have with it.

ThunderDome is the new end game.

The new end game is being teleported into the sea with everyone else so that you have to swim back (since the respawn button was disabled).

The hackers DayZ...They will feed its people hope to poison their souls. They will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay out of the Thunderdome."

Without hope, there is no suffering.

Also, I haven't experienced Thunderdome yet, but I play on many ANZ/NZ servers. Must be my luck.

What about the AU servers?

I'm tired of getting all of my gear, and then just losing it to a server kill. No joking, I'm over actually trying to play the game. Too many hackers. I might just spavvn in cherno, and shoot some people, but thats it. No more trying to get gear, no more leaving the shore. Complete vvaste of time.

Standalone announcement is due very soon so just be patient or play on private servers.

Also, I haven't experienced Thunderdome yet, but I play on many ANZ/NZ servers. Must be my luck.

What about the AU servers?

It happens on all servers, you've just been lucky.

It happens on all servers, you've just been lucky.

Well, not ALL servers, but yeah.

Its really going to depend on arma 3 a lot, since thats where 99% of the work will be done for a "standalone"

Rocket made the clear admission it would be using the arma 3 engine yesterday in the interview.

He uses misnomers all the time like "Alpha"; So from his statement "So yes we are going to take some things from arma 3 but it needs to be a standalone game" what you can deduce is that this is a fucking Arma 3 engine standalone that will be sold seperately from Arma products i.e. standalone. He is using confusing language to try to make it seem like Dayz and all that you see in it was his creation. Of course the vast majority of it was there for arma 2, except zombie skins.. And he will have to wholey rely on the brilliance of arma 3 to pull off anything better, cheating toned down or otherwise

I don't play on AU tbh.

Just the ANZ.

ANZ 1 kept getting hacked, shut down, repeat last night.

Lol'd and went to a US server.