Scorned

Does DayZ Commander wreck your internet too?

I wish I somehow could draw more attention to my FAQ.

My router is neither old, nor "cheap". I couldn't honestly say when this problem started since I play DayZ sporadically but it didn't always do this. All I can tell you is that regardless of how low I put my max connections, DayZ commander still nukes my internet temporarily.

This is happening to me too and I am VERY concerned about security issues with this, the fact that it even has access to this level of my internet to mess up the deep rooted configs in my system, windows telling me i have no web connection at random intervals, web pages not loading, this software is a piece of crap which i no longer trust. Uninstalled.

It doesn't do anything with your "deep rooted configs" in your system. Your router isn't very good, and can't handle the amount of servers I'm pinging so quickly.

• Like 2

this runs great on my PC and router, and i use Frontier (Which is the shittiest possible ISP in my area) they ONLY time DayZcommander nukes my internet, is when other people are using it to download and stream things (basically any high bandwith programs). try setting your router to DMZ mode, it has helped with my gaming experience SIGNIFICANTLY

I have wanted to play DayZ since I got Arma2 for christmas. My friends and I all want to play, but its almost impossible to find the same server without a 3rd party program. Why not just incorporate the "join game" button on steam. Since it is on steam now.

Commander manages to do what no other program has ever done, crash my internet 100% of the time. It is not my router(not connected), it is my modem, which is brand new and top of the line, because I complained about the old one(due to Commander crashing it). Now I understand there is a setting to fix this, but why isn't this built into the program? This is very basic. Connectivity on an online game is kinda the most basic step. No other program(I know of) has this issue. I find it to be a cheap cop-out to say "its your hardware and besides we provided a tool", instead of just making the program work properly, like every other one in existance.

That is all.

Edited by The LA Baker

I have wanted to play DayZ since I got Arma2 for christmas. My friends and I all want to play, but its almost impossible to find the same server without a 3rd party program. Why not just incorporate the "join game" button on steam. Since it is on steam now.

Commander manages to do what no other program has ever done, crash my internet 100% of the time. It is not my router(not connected), it is my modem, which is brand new and top of the line, because I complained about the old one(due to Commander crashing it). Now I understand there is a setting to fix this, but why isn't this built into the program? This is very basic. Connectivity on an online game is kinda the most basic step. No other program(I know of) has this issue. I find it to be a cheap cop-out to say "its your hardware and besides we provided a tool", instead of just making the program work properly, like every other one in existance.

That is all.

Arma2 has a built in server browser, I just thought I could do better - so I built commander. I'm sorry if it crashes your internet, but the vast majority of people don't have this issue, and I only have so much free time to devote to this project. The solutions I've come up with would take far too many resources for me.

Loving dayz commander :) it used to be a bit of a pain but has steadily improved to the point a few months back i finally uninstalled six.

Would like some more options though like the ability to manually move servers around in the interface and also delete or move servers to a section where they did not get pinged.

want want want ! we are greedy Josh !

Loving dayz commander :) it used to be a bit of a pain but has steadily improved to the point a few months back i finally uninstalled six.

Would like some more options though like the ability to manually move servers around in the interface and also delete or move servers to a section where they did not get pinged.

want want want ! we are greedy Josh !

Thanks for the positive support.

Manually move servers around how?

recent ones i would like to move out of the recent screen for instance, or like a right click and hide server option.

Nope, haven't had any problems with it at all. This may probably be because I took the time, before installing it, to read all the available literature on the process, options, and what each of them did. Since I always take a step-by-step approach, to everything I do, can't really point-out why it works for me...it just does.

Sorry you are having problems. Try to install it again, reading all that seems relevant, on their site, and in their forums.

Yes, this also happens to a friend of mine, If he Starts DayZ commander it basically shuts off his internet

Also forces his Oovoo to close...

Yes Oovoo don't make fun.

I'm not one of those people who "buy cheap "and I have the privilege of buying the nicer things" and my modems and routers are the most expensive ones you can buy and I always buy the newer model ones every 2 years.

My router is 6 years old and a standard, crappy one given to my by my ISP yet I have had zero issues with Day Commander. Maybe your "most expensive" routers aren't all they cracked up to be if you're having all these issues?

Furthermore, if you so desperately despise Commander and what it "does" to your top end modem, uninstall it. Use the in game browser. Use Six Launcher. You have other options. This is a free tool produced by a person who uses his spare time to attempt to make Dayz a better experience. Quit bitching about a free tool and move on already.

Edited by a. james

not sure if anyone suggested this yet, but somewhere is a option to autoclose commander once you select the server your joining.

dayz commander FTW!

Edited by dizzmain

not sure if anyone suggested this yet, but somewhere is a option to autoclose commander once you select the server your joining.

dayz commander FTW!

That is a good suggestion that I admit of not even thinking of, I'll be sure to try the next time.

Or, people could actually look at the settings for themselves and not need to have everything handed to them on a plate.

Even though I'm a fairly smart programmer, learn fast and have played games since DOS (yes I had to run setblaster) I still didn't know that slider feature existed because it is really new and I didn't see it until recently,

So you see not everyone knows everything. Also don't be a jerk.

I have the same problem, and its definitely the router's connection table as described. I have to turn mine down to 3 connections to avoid a three minute timeout while my router unscrews itself, and refreshing 6k servers takes a while. However, I know what the problem is, how to work around it, and the benefits of Commander outweigh the problem. Nuff said.

DayZ commander still kills my interent.  Even with the slider set to 3 connections.  It's really odd.  I have 110 Mb connection down 11 Mb up.  Using an Arris DG1670 router.  It only kills the internet on the computer I run it from.  If I run it from my computer I can make no new connections from my computer but my wife's works fine.  If I run it from the wife's computer mine works fine.

Computer specs are good.  Maybe there is a setting in Windows 7?  I don't know.