Sign in to follow this  
Heaves

What keeps you playing DayZ?

I know this community is very senstive, and it's split between the 'right' way to play. However, I was curious as to what keeps YOU (the player) playing the DayZ mod? Especially when you can get the same experience minus the bugs in other games?

For example:

Zombie Survival FPS - L4D2.

FPS PVP - BF3 (or COD)

Edited by Heaves

the fact that this a evolving project and we are all guinea pigs , I just want to see where they really take this game and how much they can improve with the current project. The fact its open world and you have the freedom to do what ever you please. Interactions with other players either friendly or hostiles it can be very interesting to see how people really act in certain situations. I had pvp wars only to join forces to take on a bigger threat in the server.

• Like 1

I know this community is very senstive, and it's split between the 'right' way to play. However, I was curious as to what keeps YOU (the player) playing the DayZ mod? Especially when you can get the same experience minus the bugs in other games?

For example:

Zombie Survival FPS - L4D2.

FPS PVP - BF3 (or COD)

Its like none of those shitty games u list its a zombie survival sandbox..not really many games before are like this. You can do whatever you like is what keeps most people playing.

Wasnt there only like 5 weapons on l4d? and short 'missions'? I think i played it for maybe an hour or two and was bored.

CoD is boring to me as well since theres nothing to lose when dying. Though i dont suck enough at that game to die a lot, (youtube Kuramashi) i see no problem running straight at people shooting. As long as i get a 1for1 your deaths dont mean shit. Sure your k:d will suck, but what does that matter? I think i got 1.65 and rape those with 4.0+

Anyways, i keep playing because i always find something new to do as it is a sandbox game. Basicly all the other games ive played, put you on a single track that you gotta follow.

This game you make your own tracks.

• Like 1

I think what gets me is the adrenaline rush you get at times. When I first started playing when I saw a player my heart would skip a beat then start beating 150 times a minutes. I guess this feeling keeps me hooked. Im also intrigued by the human reactions. I look for the friendly people but hardly ever find them. I have never killed a person in cold bold. Usually I am provoked.

TO EAT DEM BEENZ

Although Rocket has his "How I make games 101" book, we're all part of the community and we have an impact on what he and his team thinks, he can't be everywhere, everytime so we test his things and say "This sucks" "This rocks" and he says things like "Too bad for you" and such.

Is not only the game that is awesome, on the forums you are part of something to, after all, WE made Dayz history.

• Like 1

What keeps me playing is the freedom and the challenge.

Too many games are easy nowadays, and most of them dictate how you play.

• Like 1

Tension and paranoia. With the off chance at co-op work.

Although it needs quite a few fixes to amplify the tension as the bugs often ruin it.

Yesterday i was lying on a hill hearing footsteps overlooking elektro. two dead bodies nearby makinjg faint footstep sounds; that combined with the fact taking out my Bino's make 3 distinct footprint sounds for some odd reason kinda made me more paranoid than i probably needed to be.

• Like 1

sandbox exploration..and in a weird sort of way the permadeath mechanic that makes everything you do have real reactions..

i dont PK, but the fact that erevytime i login, might be my characters last.

ps ima RP player, so i take my characters life as seriously as my own (when in game)

It's basically what I wanted since 08. Realistic zombie acocalypse simulator. Basically ofc it gets boring when there is not THAT much thing to do except fuck around in Elektro shooting people, but still so much fun!

Running around in cherno when its pitch black and screeming over von and watch people disconnect to a weaponless man.

• Like 2

Exploring places, killing some infected, hopefully encounter a fellow friendly, and making my own personal goals.

One of my goals is to find the airfield and see what's there.

When you die, you'll start from the beginning.

Big open world to explore.

Unpredictable encounters with other players.

Best open world zombie-survival I know atm.

First thoughts that came to my mind.

Edited by kalev

I think it's the fact that everything you do could mean death. It's exciting to think "if I go into this building, it could have the gun/ammo/food/drink that I need to live, or it could hold the bandit that wants to put a bullet in my brain."

Running 20 kilometers a day from deer stand to deer stand. Spying cities, stalking players, killing goats, talking to zombies, trying to talk to players, driving around, fueling cars, driving some more, playing with friends, dancing around in camp with friends, looking for double rainbows, dodging bullets, filling waterbottles and everything in between.

• Like 1

The perfect balance. Its enough of an RPG to where i want to keep my guy alive because he has good stuff and good vehicles and what not, but its also short term enough to where if you die and rage and all that stuff, its not THAT big of a deal

• Like 1