Paikea

Girl Character?

I approve this feature only if all the women characters look like Lara Croft/Angeline Jolie.

They would be dressed practically for the scenario. (No battle-bras' date=' no mini-skirts, no high-heels)

[/quote']

Thankfully. If there's one thing I hate a lot its mini-skirts..

I hate them.

I hate them.

You must be from a cold climate

I hate them.

You must be from a cold climate

Edmonton can get cold at times.

It was like -50C during last winter sometime.

:-/

Which is exactly why there should be no "lara croft" outfits in this Central European setting

Which is exactly why there will be no "lara croft" outfits in this Central European setting

good because I don't like being distracted :(

Which is exactly why there will be no "lara croft" outfits in this Central European setting

:(

Sorry I forgot my place...Im not a dev haha.

Why there SHOULDNT be any lara-craft outfits.

I hate when a great idea such as this, turns into females running around wearing revealing but sexual battle gear. But in a positive way, it would stop all those "COD Kiddies" & "Carebears" from shooting everyone, they would be too "occupied" ;)

I hate when a great idea such as this' date=' turns into females running around wearing revealing but sexual battle gear. But in a positive way, it would stop all those "COD Kiddies" & "Carebears" from shooting everyone, they would be too "occupied" ;)

[/quote']

When rocket said it was one of his main "things to do" I automatically imagined girls on sweatpants and big jackets.

I remember back in WoW' date=' guys who played as female characters and acted female often had an easier time advancing in the game...

[/quote']

^^^^^^ AHAHAHAHA that is so true.

Also, can there be some sort of system added that you cannot make a character unless you make an account on the DayZ forums? It would be a good way of balancing the female population because sure, guys will want to play as girls in the game but they don't want to be a girl on the forums...most of the time.

It would also add to the realism, you are a girl in real life so you MUST be a girl in the game. I know restricting people like that wouldn't be the most ideal way of implementing something like this into the game but that is what this is all about isn't it? A zombie survival "sim" not just a "game"?

Anyway just my two cents.

-Carbs :cool:

I remember back in WoW' date=' guys who played as female characters and acted female often had an easier time advancing in the game...

[/quote']

I don't really think this would apply to much in this game, unless the girl used voice chat as well. Honestly I think that adding some female zombies into the mix as well would be kinda nice. :'o! I think I would make my guy female, mostly since I played one in all the mass effects.

I would also like a way to change my outfit, a lot of times I re-log just so I can come back in the black and gray out fit. I feel like the tan one gives me away. :'/

Just simplying having the ability to be a female character is more than enough for me [i'd pay for it for christs sake]

Adding female models would definitely make the game more interesting and varied, whether the player is a female or not.

Plus I'm sure it will provide lots of lulz with the voice chat.

Agreed on this, of course.

I suggested in another thread that (both male and female characters) should select upon entering a game (if dead, and respawning) from 5 different heads, 5 different bodies/outfits, then a bunch of colour schemes. That way, you get a LOT of variations for half the work.

yes, i agree there should be female PC's and NPC's. Its sexist not to, and women are 51% of the population!

Yeah, I know Rocket is personally invested in this, but I'll add my support too.

Thanks Rocket for taking this issue seriously :)

WHo know, if rocket ends up making anything reuseable MAYBE this will trickle back down to Arma3 and fullfill a request i've been making since operation flashpoint.

For female characters to be implemented fairly there would have to be a way for female players to prove they were indeed females. Like sending a photo (to an e-mail created for that purpose) of themselves with a specific text requesting for their characters to become a female.

It's a bit hardcore and I don't like the idea myself but hey, it's just an idea.

Um, what? There's so many things wrong with that because A.) Does a man have to show a photo to someone so they can be allowed to play as a male character in that case? B.) Who are you to say a man can't play as a woman or a woman can't play as a man? and C.) It's your dilema that you have a problem with people playing as a character in a video game as the opposite sex to what they actually are. No one should be punished, or justify what they want to do for your immaturity.

If you feel guilt for shooting a pixelated character that represents a female, fine, you deserve to get shot back in the face. There's nothing wrong with playing the opposite sex, it's obviously just how someone wants to play the game, and no way in hell can you say "you can't do that" to anyone.

Um' date=' what? There's so many things wrong with that because A.) Does a man have to show a photo to someone so they can be allowed to play as a male character in that case? B.) Who are you to say a man can't play as a woman or a woman can't play as a man? and C.) It's your dilema that you have a problem with people playing as a character in a video game as the opposite sex to what they actually are. No one should be punished, or justify what they want to do for your immaturity.

If you feel guilt for shooting a pixelated character that represents a female, fine, you deserve to get shot back in the face. There's nothing wrong with playing the opposite sex, it's obviously just how someone wants to play the game, and no way in hell can you say "you can't do that" to anyone.

[/quote']

Why are you being so aggressive and why are you putting words in my mouth? I did not disrespect anyone and as such you have no reason to disrespect me.

What I said is that IF female characters have some type of gameplay advantage in the game (smaller frame for example) and do not have disadvantages, female players who want to possess such advantages should prove they are indeed females and only IF they want, not obligatory. And I mentioned that I don't like the idea myself, it's just an idea.

The only way I see this working correctly is that female characters possess advantages as well as disadvantages.

It should not be impossible to add female charakters to dayz. As well zombies an players.

Women exist as civilians in the Arma-games.

And even female player-charakters were made by modders:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12248

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12459

If Dayz calls itself realistic, then female zeds and survivers are needed too.

The only way I see this working correctly is that female characters possess advantages as well as disadvantages.

I think female will wear the same clothes as men, no better camo stuff or anything. What you call an advantage in that they would be slightly slimmer and smaller, would'nt influence the gameplay that much as you imply. Because the gameplay do not rely that much on hitboxes and aiming, but more on stealth and observing your environment.

BUT I guess the feature should be implemented in alpha and correctly tested so we can see if it has any advantages.

Putting words in your mouth? You SPECIFICALLY stated that if someone was indeed wanting to play as a woman, they'd have to prove that they are female first by showing a photo to god knows who cares, then be ALLOWED to access a gender. Nothing about my reply is putting words in your mouth, Sir.

And in your post, I did not see you stating anything regarding player characters serving advantages and disadvantages, so I don't exactly know where you're pulling that from. I don't see anyone asking for specific characters (of either gender) requiring any special treatment, as that could lead to A.) Classes, and this is not an RPG, and B.) Fights about sexism. Even if classes were to serve a purpose, I don't see how showing a photo of who you are to someone should prove that you should have more of an advantage over someone else. Thats idiotic in itself. Classes shouldn't be gender specific, they should be equal all round.

And no. The only way female characters to work is to not possess advantages. To work is to simply be a varient aesthetic, for people to have a variety of options as to how they want to represent themself in a game. No 'advantages' because they may have a more petite frame, and tall women indeed exist. I, infact am the tallest out of everyone in my family, and most of my friends. If every other shooter game can work it with no problem, I don't see how DayZ can't.

I'm not trying to be aggressive, but when you say stupid things, it can obviously lead to a reply that may disatisfy you.

And bat, lol, I don't think women should wear the same outfit as men, as the men in this game have extremely manly bodies. Similar theme of clothing, perhaps, but not the same.