Paikea

Girl Character?

I plan on getting this game soon, I'm very excited. I have been watching alot of videos on youtube of gameplay and I have not seen a girl character.

I was wondering if there is a girl skin or if you could possibly create one?

I am a female and I don't want to be a male character.

Everyone looks alike and that can get confusing...

If there are no female characters, This is just an idea and thanks for reading.

There is no female characters, and I doubt there will be.

awe... that sucks. I will still play tho. :)

I'm sure it'll happen eventually, not like it's impossible or something. I've seen female skins before on armaholic. Maybe they'll come in when those findable skins pop up who knows. I for one would love some of them being those guerrillas. NAPA I think they were called.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12248

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11782

^ Some examples I remember.

I'm sure they'll implement them later. Even Xenonauts are going to have female soldiers and civs, even though in the beginning they were like "NEVER"!!!

Everyone looks alike and that can get confusing...

Yes... it can get very confusing. Thankfully they are adding more diverse skins in the future. Eventually, they might add female skins. More choices will be very nice.

I would love to play as a child survivor - this badass kid with a crossbow, camo paint on his/her face, would scare the crap out of everyone (until everyone became aware of the kid and they were like "Timmy, don't agro the Zed! Kids these days man! They kill ya. Like for real. They murder you.")

Uh, I am not opposed to more variety, but let's be realistic:

80% of the servers would then be filled with the female avatars(speaking from experience. Skyrim, Mass Effect etc.). I wouldn't mind the eyecandy but immersion would go through the window.

Uh' date=' I am not opposed to more variety, but let's be realistic:

80% of the servers would then be filled with the female avatars(speaking from experience. Skyrim, Mass Effect etc.). I wouldn't mind the eyecandy but immersion would go through the window.

[/quote']

hmm.. that's a valid point. maybe they could limit the number of female skins to no more than half of all skins at any given time or something.

This is a key priority for me personally to see this implemented. I think games have been neglecting girls in games or stereotyping them for too long.

Were there any female characters in arma? Civilians or otherwise? Or will they need to be made from scratch?

oh man I would love to play as a game, you will have a much bigger advantage hopefully since girls are shorter and slim. It's not only about the looks but you're most likely also harder to spot :)

This is a key priority for me personally to see this implemented. I think games have been neglecting girls in games or stereotyping them for too long.

I look at it from a different perspective which is detrimental to gameplay. Shorter and thinner models, smaller hit boxes, harder to be seen etc. Basically everyone would play as females for these reason alone and if it was enforced that not everyone could be a female people would get pissed and leave the game from the disadvantage of being the male in game.

Politically correct? Sure. Good for balanced shooting games? Absolutely not.

Good for balanced shooting games? Absolutely not.

I'm not not sure what balanced shooting games you're talking about. This is the DayZ forum.

I look at it from a different perspective which is detrimental to gameplay. Shorter and thinner models' date=' smaller hit boxes, harder to be seen etc. Basically everyone would play as females for these reason alone and if it was enforced that not everyone could be a female people would get pissed and leave the game from the disadvantage of being the male in game.

[/quote']

I dont think they all need to be super slim anyway. I would see our female characters wearing practical clothes for the end of the world, leaving them the rough body dimensions of the male characters (which is convenient for rigging also).

I don't think it's that much of a difference on the model, really.

I never played with a female character and never found any harder to hit them, even on super stylized games where they are super skinny.

A head is a head everytime.

I think I'm in luff right now :P

I look at it from a different perspective which is detrimental to gameplay. Shorter and thinner models' date=' smaller hit boxes, harder to be seen etc. Basically everyone would play as females for these reason alone and if it was enforced that not everyone could be a female people would get pissed and leave the game from the disadvantage of being the male in game.

[/quote']

I dont think they all need to be super slim anyway. I would see our female characters wearing practical clothes for the end of the world, leaving them the rough body dimensions of the male characters (which is convenient for rigging also).

Aww man nobody wants to play a fat female character :( Even in the real world with all the armor and clothes theyre still slim. But it would be much better for balance though which is a good thing.

If it draws in more female players then I support it.

All us guys are starting to stink up the place. ;)