Coldrin

Hackers are to Vets like Vets are to New Players

I LoL every time I see a thread with someone crying about hackers. "Its not fair" "I Alt+F4, because I don't have a chance".

Then new players have the same frustration being killed when they don't have a gun and haven't learned the game yet. The same vets crying about hackers tell them to "get over it" and the "game is in alpha".

I know its not the exact same thing, but Hacker killing a Vet is very similar to a Vet sniping new spawns. I find it ironic is all.

*Edit: For both situations the frustration for the victim is equal and justified, yet on the forums, new players are hated and flamed buy the very same players that share similar problems.

Edited by Coldrin
  • Like 3

I LoL every time I see a thread with someone crying about hackers. "Its not fair" "I Alt+F4, because I don't have a chance".

Then new players have the same frustration being killed when they don't have a gun and haven't learned the game yet. The same vets crying about hackers tell them to "get over it" and the "game is in alpha".

I know its not the exact same thing, but Hacker killing a Vet is very similar to a Vet sniping new spawns. I find it ironic is all.

wat

The vet uses actual game experience to get an edge over other people... The hacker uses scripts, game exploitation, etc to get an edge over other people.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE THIS BAD METAPHOR IS GOING.

Edited by Scarlet_Blade

This is bullshit. Vets have been using tens of hours collecting gear, and therefore they have "earned" the right to shoot anyone even tho they have the upper hand. Also, you only need like 30 minutes to find like a Lee Enfield, and they you actually stand a chance in a fight with a vet.

When hackers kills vets, they ruin many hours of gameplay, so it's not the same as killing a guy that spawned 10 minutes ago.

Being good at something is the same as cheating? Did I read that correctly?

The Olympics are on in London at the moment, you better call them with these groundbreaking news.

"Disqualify everybody, damn cheats!"

• Like 1

I find this thread pointless and ignorant. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

I find this thread pointless and ignorant. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

I find this post ignorant as you didn't take time to really think what the poster was thinking. He believes that veteran players have an unfair advantage over new players who sit in their spawns and kill them. The hackers go around killing veterans like the veterans go around killing new players to GRIEF them. It is a cycle of grief. It has nothing to do whether their methods are legitimate are not. May God (not god) have mercy on your ignorant soul.

It's not even close to the same thing are you braindead? How is a vet sniping a spawn like being turned into a goat and then teleported to the debug forest next to some guy with god mode? Oh and can vet's nuke an entire server and kill everyone? Didn't think so

in a round about way it is kinda ironic..

while not really the same thing, like teleports and such, but Hackers using means to get an advantage over a vet, is pretty similar to a vet sniping a coastal spawn with his single bandage in his pack..

both are incredibly LAME!!!

• Like 1

omg.

Read that back to yourself please...several times.

Most of the protesting over the OP is probably being done by Vets who pick on noobs. What "experience and hours of hard work" are needed to snipe a guy with no weapon that just landed on the beach? While it's true that hackers are the lowest form of life, both activities are pretty lame.

I guess I failed to get my point across.

For both situations the frustration for the victim is equal and justified, yet on the forums, new players are hated and flamed buy the very same players that share similar problems.

Seems hypocritical to me.

I don't flame new players. I do wish they'd read the post below the post they're making that is 95% identical to theirs though. I will still help and give them advice to the best of my ability w/o hand holding too much.

Where as people using scripts that completely remove all trees and buildings, or spawn vehicles, all weapons etc, port people around, turn them into animals.. not exactly the same. Sorry.

I guess I failed to get my point across.

For both situations the frustration for the victim is equal and justified, yet on the forums, new players are hated and flamed buy the very same players that share similar problems.

Seems hypocritical to me.

Losing your stuff because someone is cheating and losing your stuff because you have yet to get used to the mechanics are not 'similar problems'.

I have been Playing since there was 5-10 servers and Day-Z was still a relatively small community so i would assume that I can call my self a so called "Vet" if you will. But Your Reference to Hackers vs Vets is so off... When you have the stories of Teleportation, God-Mode, No-Clip and Endless more stories, you don't need to be a scholar to realize the difference. Although i do not snipe noobs due to we all started there (or shoot a player with a gun, I'm all for a fighting chance.). I do think that Hackers vs Any, isn't Fair or even remotely Ironic to Newbs vs Vets. Both sides for noobs and Vets Work for their Gear. Hackers Don't. :|

The hackers go around killing veterans like the veterans go around killing new players to GRIEF them. It is a cycle of grief. It has nothing to do whether their methods are legitimate are not. May God (not god) have mercy on your ignorant soul.

This guy gets what the OP is trying to say.

It's not even close to the same thing are you braindead? How is a vet sniping a spawn like being turned into a goat and then teleported to the debug forest next to some guy with god mode? Oh and can vet's nuke an entire server and kill everyone? Didn't think so

This guy is taking the analogy too literally.

While I don't condone hacking, there is a poetic similarity between the hacker and the vet.

How is a vet sniping a spawn like being turned into a goat and then teleported to the debug forest next to some guy with god mode?

Easy! In both situations:

• The perpetrator in both examples are not doing for any in-game advantage, just "teh lulz"
  • The guy on the receiving end is completely powerless to defend themselves from the grief of their attacker

The execution of their griefing may be different, but the intent of both parties are exatly the same.

Edited by bbilbo1
  • Like 1

I'm not saying the set up is the same, but the outcome is. Both players Die and lose everything, and there was nothing they could do about it (I'm not talking about the times when they could do something about it).

I'm not saying that every vet is the same, nor am I saying that every vet hates on newbs, but there are a lot.

This guy gets what the OP is trying to say.

This guy is taking the analogy too literally.

While I don't condone hacking, there is a poetic similarity between the hacker and the vet.

How is a vet sniping a spawn like being turned into a goat and then teleported to the debug forest next to some guy with god mode?

Easy! In both situations:

• The perpetrator in both examples are not doing for any in-game advantage, just "teh lulz"
  • The guy on the receiving end is completely powerless to defend themselves from the grief their attacker

The execution of their griefing may be different, but the intent of both parties are exatly the same.

TY for helping me get my point across. You did a better job then I. lol

I find this post ignorant as you didn't take time to really think what the poster was thinking. He believes that veteran players have an unfair advantage over new players who sit in their spawns and kill them. The hackers go around killing veterans like the veterans go around killing new players to GRIEF them. It is a cycle of grief. It has nothing to do whether their methods are legitimate are not. May God (not god) have mercy on your ignorant soul.

That is even dumber than what the OP said. Hackers kill everyone, they dont know or even care if your a veteran. They steal scripts that ARMA veterans wrote to grief people.

As to your trivial attempt to correct the way I wrote god...... well your wrong there too.

God is a proper name for the christian god. "god" is used for any other abstraction of the word. Don't believe me? Here are some links educate yourself.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080926061210AA8NoE9

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1545410

http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/god-with-a-capital

*Edit: For both situations the frustration for the victim is equal and justified, yet on the forums, new players are hated and flamed buy the very same players that share similar problems.

Although my feelings on the situation are a little different then yours, I can somewhat agree with your main point.

Wither way it can come down to killing helpless ants for the sake of killing helpless ants. Difference is, one is working as intended and the other isn't.