Zippo99

CoD Zombie Mode!

Well let's see, I've logged in and played for a couple of hours this evening and guess what happened?

I'm playing Call of Duty: Zombie Mode.

Why? Because I'm obliged to empty all my ammo into any creature living or dead that I come into contact with because there is a roughly 100% chance that I am going to be either eaten alive or have my face blasted off. People in this game are so profoundly antisocial now that I've taken to trailing a pack of zombies with me as this is more likely to deter someone from shooting me than "Salutations friend! How ma.." *BLAMFUCKYEW*

Thanks Rocket, this was a really awesome update. The best part was where you took out all the tension and replaced it with Wolfenstein 3D.

:heart:

Do you have any friends that play Day Z?

Maybe you should find/make some.

It's a lot easier and a much more fun experience.

No one is making you go into Free-For-All.

Do you have any friends that play Day Z?

Maybe you should find/make some.

It's a lot easier and a much more fun experience.

No one is making you go into Free-For-All.

This.

Dude, I'm not knocking Wolfenstein 3D. Wolfenstein 3D deserves better. And speaking of deserving better, this game sure deserves better than to have the flawed, but with great scope for improvement, bandit/hero system of yore torn out and replaced with FFA Zombie Deathmatch XTREME.

If you aren't finding folks in game that you can trust maybe the issue is you?

I've been playing for a few weeks now. Every survivor I've run into has been cordial after the initial "do we trust each other" phase. Of course I do not hang around the major cities or the coast either. Normally the farthest south I go is Stary, maybe I'll head to Berezino if I'm in extreme need of medical supplies. I have found the closer to the coast I am the less people are willing to trust you.

Example of nice people: I logged into a night server yesterday during my stealth raid period on the NW airfield and Devil's castle. I went to open a door in the barracks and it broke my leg, made me bleed, and sent me into shock. I took care of everything but the leg due to not having morphine and proceeded to the fire station hoping to find some there. Another guy logged in then and we got to chatting due to it raining and us not moving. Come to find out he needed someone to give him blood, which he had with him. He headed over to the fire station, I gave him blood, and he helped me with looking for morphine.

I have a number of experiences like that which I could expound upon. Do people I run into trust me initially or even show themselves? No they do not. But if one of us is in an emergency normally we help each other out.

Coasties are generally shoot first types. Solo Northies tend to be similar, but are more open to communication and the possibility of helping another out. Such has been my experience anyway.

Makes me reminisce about the earlier days of this mod. Groups everywhere, trading, friendly discussions...

Now it's just *BLAM BLAM BLAM* U DED

Euh, What changed exactly since yesterday that Im not aware of, because I dont get it. Zombie count lowered or what?

Makes me reminisce about the earlier days of this mod. Groups everywhere' date=' trading, friendly discussions...

Now it's just *BLAM BLAM BLAM* U DED

[/quote']

You got it in one Jorden. They took the magic ingredient out of the game, last week it was Day Z: Hardcore Zombie Apocalypse Survival, this week it's Call of Duty: Zombie Ops with atrocious load times.

I'm sorry if you don't like the following:

- A single or double experience completely killed your view on the mod.

- You went solo and died because someone doesn't like you which they are free to kill you

- The mod being in an alpha change where anything is subject to change.

- You went solo and died because someone doesn't like you which they are free to kill you

I think i'll copy your post into every other thread on here about PVP, sums it up well.

Sarcasm not your strong point Valken?

If this had only happened once or twice obviously I'd have no reason to post here. The fact of the matter is that it's gone from being tense and 50/50 to roughly 95% hostile.

Your second point doesn't make sense, it's not the fact that an individual server hates me, or that the vast majority of survivors "hate" me for some arbitrary reason: it's the fact that survivors are actively encouraged to shoot on sight. And the big surprise? They do exactly that.

I'd like to know where all these kill on sight players are playing, every encounter I've had with another survivor has been cautious but friendly, I had 10 encounters up until recently and was shot by another and according to the other players on the server he was using a glitch to cheat, I don't know, it was my first game and I wasn't familiar with the mod.

I'd also like to know where all these bandits are hiding, I've not seen one yet but according to some they are running amok everywhere.

Sarcasm not your strong point Valken?

If this had only happened once or twice obviously I'd have no reason to post here. The fact of the matter is that it's gone from being tense and 50/50 to roughly 95% hostile.

Your second point doesn't make sense' date=' it's not the fact that an individual server hates me, or that the vast majority of survivors "hate" me for some arbitrary reason: it's the fact that survivors are actively encouraged to shoot on sight. And the big surprise? They do exactly that.

[/quote']

What I'm trying to say is we can't control the free will of the public and if the majority end up shooting you? Consider it a good thing when you finally meet up with one of the ever so rare friendly survivors.

Or you know, maybe the server is filled with people who like to shoot other people. I don't care if anyone runs up and kills me, it's a breath of fresh air to respawn and try again.

I think i'll copy your post into every other thread on here about PVP' date=' sums it up well.

[/quote']

Dammit LondonHyena I feel I'm being completely misrepresented here, I LIKE PvP, that's a big part of the appeal of Day Z. What I don't like is the fact that there is now no reason whatsoever to engage with anyone in the game outside of TS and Mumble buddies - 'cause you can bet your bottom dollar that if anyone sees you they will fucking murder you just because they can. E.g I was running past Kamenka yesterday with a couple of zombies after me and someone did a spray n pray with a silenced MG, and failed at that. But why? Deaths are now CoD-lite arbitrary, you go anywhere near a town or people anywhere, and they will kill you. Finito.

I'd like to know where all these kill on sight players are playing' date=' every encounter I've had with another survivor has been cautious but friendly, I had 10 encounters up until recently and was shot by another and according to the other players on the server he was using a glitch to cheat, I don't know, it was my first game and I wasn't familiar with the mod.

I'd also like to know where all these bandits are hiding, I've not seen one yet but according to some they are running amok everywhere.

[/quote']

Elektrozavodsk and Chernogorsk

I swear over half of the playerbase think these two cities make up the entirety of the map.

I think i'll copy your post into every other thread on here about PVP' date=' sums it up well.

[/quote']

Dammit LondonHyena I feel I'm being completely misrepresented here, I LIKE PvP, that's a big part of the appeal of Day Z. What I don't like is the fact that there is now no reason whatsoever to engage with anyone in the game outside of TS and Mumble buddies - 'cause you can bet your bottom dollar that if anyone sees you they will fucking murder you just because they can. E.g I was running past Kamenka yesterday with a couple of zombies after me and someone did a spray n pray with a silenced MG, and failed at that. But why? Deaths are now CoD-lite arbitrary, you go anywhere near a town or people anywhere, and they will kill you. Finito.

You're not being misrepresented.

In fact its the complete opposite. Why?

Because everything you have said, has been said again in countless other thread. There is a huge thread at the top called the PVP thread that goes on for dozens of pages

That is why everyone is being dismissive, because it's been heard so many times its drilled into our heads to the point that any other person adding to it becomes little more then noise.

I'm sorry you do not feel you are being represented correctly, but for gods sake, appreciate that its become a repetition exercise for most of us.

I'll state once more, we have no control and neither does rocket over what people do in-game. Consider it a good thing.

Well, fair enough everyone. I won't complain about it again since it does appear to be something that's been raised repeatedly before.

I'll just raise one last thing in defense of the last system, the bandit system had its flaws, obviously, but I felt it had a very simple solution.

The problem was that it only went one way, you could become a bandit, but the system whereby you became a hero was ambiguous at best. I hear your face turned to a smiling avatar or something? Perhaps that's misinformation. In any case I felt it simply needed to be much clearer who was a bandit and who was a hero, rather than relying on people to discern the difference between someone friendly and someone neutral because they simply hadn't had a chance to go full retard-CoD anyone yet.

In short: A Hero should be as easily distinguished as A Bandit. This was not the case, I feel the baby has been tossed out with the bathwater.

I think that's because there are no 'Hero's' in DayZ.

You are either a Survivor or a Bandit.

I love how the biggest fact escapes Legacy and London. You've been treating symptoms so long you've started ignoring them, all the while blind to the disease. If there's a massive thread and people keep making more and more threads, that should tell you something. No matter how dismissive of it you are, it's an issue to a significant portion of the player base. Until it's dealt with there will be more of these threads.

Viz beinger 'either a survivor or a bandit'. I think this is a false choice, any interaction with people in this game boils down to three options where you are either:

1. Friendly

2. Neutral

3. Aggressive

The fact that only two options out of three possible options were reflected is the problem here. The system was 2/3rds of the way there, and has been tossed out unnecessarily. It's a very simple system, reflective of the core mechanic behind all zombie apocalypse scenarios: Are you good, bad, or something in between. I'm not asking for jetpacks, epic weapons and double xp weekends here. In reality there would be subtle indicators for what kind of a person you're dealing with, e.g you might risk saying hello to someone with a friendly smile and a campfire, and you might avoid someone who appears completely unhinged and spattered in blood.

The fact that this is a game means such indicators are impossible to replicate perfectly, and yet without them we are simply playing CoD clones in another cloned world. Your behaviour MUST HAVE CONSEQUENCES. This is the core reason why so many games fail, they replicate stunningly lifelike graphics, tell great stories, but at the end of the day whether you're good or bad or playing it while watching cat videos on Youtube - there is no evidence your decisions or behaviour ever had any bearing on the virtual world whatsoever.

A world with no consequences, where your behaviour has no bearing on your reputation to others, and where there is no means of distinguishing a crackhead lunatic from your next door neighbour is, in itself, completely unrealistic.