Sign in to follow this  
Andy31

Finding heavily armed dead bodies?

Hi all,

I was in a forest near the coast with absolutely nothing as I just spawned and came across 3 dead bodies heavily armed and with enough items to keep me going for weeks!

Was wondering, how come these guys were on the ground not looted? there was no sniper around as I hanged around the bodies for atleast 20 - 30 minutes.

I guess a disconnection would mean the bodies disappear?

Strange but an incredibly lucky find, just baffling??

Watch out, possibly a man eating tree or rock near by.

I personally have yet to experience either, however I was once killed by a driverless car.

Ghosts in the machine.

• Like 1

Might just be your luckey day m8. Congratz! :)

No telling the cause of this happening though.. Put it to good use.. :D

probs a bandit just out for the kills and didn't need the loot, so left it for fresh spawns.

lucky.

Some people kill others just to secure safe passage - if they're geared up to their teeth in rare stuff, then they most likely won't even bother looting. Especially if they're in a hurry.

-MONSTER

what gear is it...?

if its basic military crap then yeah he prob didnt need it

Most likely sniper killed then logged, cant really understand there mentality but that's snipers for ya :)

Good luck though :)

AJ

Another possibility is that someone shot a helicopter with those guys in it and could not find it.

I've found dead bodies like this too, right on the beach when I spawned... loaded with gear and stuff and dead for no apparent reason.

Get it while it's good, and get the fuck out... otherwise the sniper that took them out might be dialing you in next.

I'm up to 62 murders so far since I changed my play style...

~Sol

I often hunt snipers around cherno and elektro when im well equiped and dont loot them.

Maybe something similar happened there.

Edited by Druig

Great find, similar thing happened to me on the west side of Cherno about half way between balota. I spawned an could hear a rumble of an engine, I instantly thought bandit spawn campers. I walked just to the top of the ridge to see a pickup truck just sat there. Unsure if it was occupied and with nothing to lose I sprinted for it, finding it fully fixed and 90% fueled i make a break for it. Heading to the tree line I stop once inside and turn the engine off, I sit for about 10 mins watching it's original position. No one turns up so I check the trunk, and I find a mass of weapons, ammo, and food with few medical supplies. It seems that people are just leaving a ton of loot ripe for the picking.

I once found a dude with coyote pack and all the stuff required to survive on your own. He was right in the middle of a town between Stary and Northwest airfield. I would have been more surprised and happy about my find if I didn't already have all the stuff.

Actually what I think happened is that a hacker sniper took them all out as they were sharing items or something. Thjats why all together. And 2 seconds between each hack shot they all went down together.

They were probably just killed by someone with better gear and didn't need the loot.

A lot of people don't hide bodies, which is weird to me especially when they have good gear.

I recently spawned on a server, first i thought iam dead, since i got the "you are dead" screen after i fell down instantly when i connected.

As i was fully geared my first reaction was like "OH MY GAWD WHAT HAPPENED!? AAAWWW"

Then i did not spawn correctly, i was in the middle of nowhere (i was there before they patched it long time ago when i was wearing a ghillisuit, spawning with nothing)

The same happened. I thought "They fixed it" and gave it a try, i rejoined and "fresh" spawned at a random spawn location at the beach, with all my gear back, good job on that btw.

I went back to my last logout location and i thought "oh damn a ghilli guy laying on the ground in the trees" and as i checked, it was my own "dead" body with ALL my loot inside. I practically doubled my equipment that way. Well, i didnt really take anything of it but beans and soda, letting the body disappear.

Maybe that happened to... the 3 guys.

Ps: No, i did not combat logout. I was logging out the day before to go to sleep, that happened when i came back on the next day.

Edited by ForbiddenArtist

Most snipers like me have all gear they want so they don't bother looting their victims.