Dear New Player, welcome to charnarus.. its come to my attention that the once fertile lands have been tainted with hackers.. there everywhere. infact i was chased down by an invisible one just tonight, he had a hatchet btw. so im going with dont buy this game until there is a standalone version. the game now feels more like garrys mod then dayz mod.... lots and lots of griefers, minges and hackers.

Love this community :D Tbf, there are a lot of hacker. I agree. The fact is though, you don't have to pay for this mod so why would you say don't buy it? Also, it's only in its really early stages so dont give up just yet.

Go on to a different server. I have only seen 1 Hacker, well not seen him. I seen him spawn in a Russian Fighter Helicopter. It had 30 FN FAL MAGS and Rockets which I shot, my ears was buzzing :D I think he crash landed it. But I am in the GB worlds and I have never seen any hackers so far.

Is hackers a big problem on the US servers (or wherever you play)?

I mostly play on nordic servers and I haven't seen a single hacker with approx 50h gametime.

well arma 2 combined ops wasnt free. lol. Yes awesome game.. i actually found the whole invisible survivor with hatchet chasing me down going "i see dead people" was alot of fun and in the same night creating the thunderdome.. well i think it was him again could have been another exploiter. but if you think there gonna fix this with the arma 2 engine... thats a big get real. the hackers have effectively made better admin tools than bohemia themselves.

haha same server more hackers now.. they had 2 helicopters and everthing.. got a ride with one cause i was un armed.. stole the helicopter then went other side of map went to land and one of them teleported in. so i flew away. should i put it on autohover and jump out?