Sign in to follow this  
xXxSlyWolfxXx

Where I Think Dean Might Have Gotten Some Of His Ideas For The Game..

Just a quick little idea, the answer is probably out there somewhere... but I noticed from watching many zombie movies so many hints pop up that point towards DayZ's developement. Like for example, in The Zombie Diaries (the first one) The first chapter of it was called "The Scavengers" I believe. And the rule on the sight is. Scavenge, slay, survive I believe. And the second chapter is called "The Survivors" And in movies there are also bandits.

Also when watching 28 days later, when Jim (the main guy character) finds his first drink quickly inside the hopital he wakes up in. And it's a pepsi! And what better to coincide with pepsi than coke? Also in The Zombie Diaries I noticed all the open terrain and etc. That reminded me of DayZ's Russian landscape. Didn't really make this post to get really into it, just thought it was kind of neat. I'm probably wrong on this, but it's still interesting to me.

Edited by xXxSlyWolfxXx

Are you an idiot?

Zombie apocalypses are very sought after scenarios. They've been forever in movies, fantasies and yes, games. It's no surprise that a mod like this pops up, everybody wants it.

And of course he was inspired by things like 28 Days Later.

You probably believe in conspiracies as well.

Edited by Detta
  • Like 3

why not just watch a few interviews with him in, hes more than happy to talk about his inspirations when creating the mod

Are you an idiot?

Zombie apocalypses are very sought after scenarios. They've been forever in movies, fantasies and yes, games. It's no surprise that a mod like this pops up, everybody wants it.

Just thought it was a neat idea. I don't get what you seem to be so worked up about.

Edited by xXxSlyWolfxXx

Are you an idiot?

Calm down, why don't you? That was uncalled for...

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I really come off as that rude?

Are people really that weak?

Watch out, we got a badass over here!

Go on, telling us how you are superior over all the peeps on the internet and how strong you are big boi :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Watch out, we got a badass over here!

Go on, telling us how you are superior over all the peeps on the internet and how strong you are big boi :rolleyes:

I'm not calling myself superior or strong. I've cried over not having seen a person I once met online and started caring about, that pretty much eliminates everything superior about me.

But appearing like a kid getting bullied in school is below all that. At least when people react like that to posts like which I made.

wow, what a jackass

• Like 1

I'm not calling myself superior or strong. I've cried over not having seen a person I once met online and started caring about, that pretty much eliminates everything superior about me.

But appearing like a kid getting bullied in school is below all that. At least when people react like that to posts like which I made.

That's because you come across as rude, smug, arrogant, and a fuckwit.

Try being nicer and stop calling people names, and telling them what they think... and maybe we won't hate you.

@OP

Rocket has already said that DayZ was inspired by movies, and how he modeled the gameplay more like a movie rather than existing game delivery techniques.

~Sol

Edited by Sol
  • Like 3

No, you're really just that rude.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 3

Coming from the guy that looks like Sheogorath

• Like 1

Ehh.. I don't get why you call inspiration a "neat idea" Again, i don't even think I get the point of the thread.

Let me guess, you just found out that a person can find inspiration in watching a movie, and now the entire meaning behind "inspiration" is a thesis of yours?

Again, whaat? O.o

Coming from the guy that looks like Sheogorath

The picture is actually based on him.. Brilliant display of intelligence, Legacy.

Or were you implying I in real life look like Sheogorath? If so, I'm awfully flattered.

Edit: Coming from the guy that condescends himself and humanity in general by using an anime avatar.

Edited by Detta

Ehh.. I don't get why you call inspiration a "neat idea" Again, i don't even think I get the point of the thread.

Let me guess, you just found out that a person can find inspiration in watching a movie, and now the entire meaning behind "inspiration" is a thesis of yours?

Again, whaat? O.o

OP noticed some of the key elements that distinguish our cultural "fail safes" for movie vs. game design... and noticed that DayZ uses key elements from a movie, not a game.

Why do you care anyway?

~Sol

Edited by Sol

Watch "The Walking Dead" series (the first season is available on Netflix). There are a lot of similarities, but that's a good thing.

of course the map is based off zombie diaries, thats why they build cherno after all.

of course the map is based off zombie diaries, thats why they build cherno after all.

wat?

The picture is actually based on him.. Brilliant display of intelligence, Legacy.

Or were you implying I in real life look like Sheogorath? If so, I'm awfully flattered.

Edit: Coming from the guy that condescends himself and humanity in general by using an anime avatar.

I was implying that Sheo as your avatar makes you batshit insane and crazy in responose.

• Like 1

Zombie sim inspired by zombie movie shocker :)

Seriously OP, of course we are all influenced by what we see.

Personally speaking many elements of dayz remind me of the Stalker games - the general atmosphere, looting, inventory management, pve, and various mechanics like bleeding out and bandaging, the need to eat and also the general harshness of the game where a multitude of threats could kill you with one false step.

Even the music such as it is is reminiscent of the Stalker soundtrack. I don't know if Rocket has ever listed it among his influences but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were. I see Dayz as a natural evolution of those elements into a multiplayer environment, an opportunty that was missed by the Stalker devs despite the early promise showed by the Faction Wars mode in Clear Sky.

Shadow of Chernobyl alone sold 2 million copies, iirc the whole franchise shifted 5 million units so It was surprising that Stalker 2 had such a troubled development with GSC cancelling it last year, although rumours are circulating now that Bethesda may have aquired the rights.

Interestingly, some of the original Stalker 2 dev team are now working on Survaruim, a f2p mmorpg which will be one to keep an eye on:

http://survarium.com/en/

Again, whaat? O.o

I just noticed the compairisons and thought it was cool. Nothing more really.