Buffjesus

tent city location on US 1051

i dunno who killed me, but I edited my post if you didn't notice :D

people prob defending their camp during the day since they saw this post.

:(

You mean other than admitting you use hacked weapons on the official forums, you mean proof other than that?

Also if 1 person hacks in weapons, but the whole clan uses them, does that mean only 1 person should be banned even though the whole clan uses hacked weapons/gear?

Well...assuming I know what I know...then the actual hacking and "creating" the item is the breach of ToS/EULA, not the actual use of said items. So yes, if ONE person hacks the "illegal material" into the game, and then duplicates it all for their friends to use, then the person that actually did said hacking should be banned, and the others should suffer no consequences. They should have their guns removed, of course, and this is exactly what happens every time a server is updated to a new beta patch (not absolutely certain about this part, but that is what happened to the last AS50 TWS that I knew of..it was turned into a Makarov). Short of periodic/perpetual database scans/server resets, there isn't much that I could see to be done about removing hacked weapons...that would quite simply be very difficult from a programming standpoint. I don't even know if it's possible to do a perpetual scan and ban the people and/or remove the items from them when the game detects them.

It would be rather foolish to ban me for stumbling across hacked weapons in a camp and not knowing any better. What if I didn't know that the weapons weren't meant to be in game, and I kept on using it and BAM, I'm banned for it? That is absolutely retarded, and it won't happen. I know this game is based in Russia...but this isn't communism.

Edited by Dontrunaway