Sign in to follow this  
daspope

man I am terrible lol...

I havent died yet, but only because I am good at running like a coward, I am down to 5000 blood because I had to jump off a balcony in some wherehouse... didnt even get a chance to grab gear lol...

I have found swimming is an easy way to avoid the zombies but really slow... can they swim?

My pack hasnt fallen off while swimming, but then again, its empty.

• Like 2

Just found out they can swim, but are terrible at it, they run into the water then like freak out lol

try to get a group of people, if you cant do that, risk it and get some gear and part ways with the big cities and go up north

If you go straight up a hill (and I mean straight!) you will walk slowly, but zombies will walk 2x slower. So another way to get away in the middle of nowhere, just go up a hill, but not diagonally as to make you run. Also use buildings to give them the slip.

Edited by CerebralZombie

Well, I managed to get in a house and got a hatchet and some scrap metal... hoorah, got a way to bust heads... but I really needed water and food so I crossed the street and went up some lookout tower hoping to find a rifle, didnt find one, so I got on the room of the big building, and realized it was getting dark and zombies were all over... and then everyone in the server got teleported to some place and the guy lit us up with some machine gun.... lame ass hackers lol, oh well, just means I have full health and am no longer dehydrated lol

ack... got a Makarov, had like 5 mags, got an (empty) canteen, I was moving up in the world, until I got sniped... the dead bodies I found on the roof and was looking to loot should have tipped me off to a sniper.

lol, I go to the rooftops to get a break from the zombies... is there a way to tell if a house will have doors that open or not before you crawl 8 miles through zombie infested fields... its such a let down to pick a target house, work your way to it, and then you cant open the doors.

If you go straight up a hill (and I mean straight!) you will walk slowly, but zombies will walk 2x slower. So another way to get away in the middle of nowhere, just go up a hill, but not diagonally as to make you run. Also use buildings to give them the slip.

once you start walking slowly up the hill you can run diagonally up it and change from left to right every now and then to get up there quicker, once you are over the hill and out of sight, either run like crazy or go prone and change direction

lol, I go to the rooftops to get a break from the zombies... is there a way to tell if a house will have doors that open or not before you crawl 8 miles through zombie infested fields... its such a let down to pick a target house, work your way to it, and then you cant open the doors.

If you can see through the windows you can get in the house

Try running in a figure 8 through dense bushes if any around. Will always lose zombies for you.

There is a youtube video on this called losing zombies. Saves running up steep hills and looking for open doors

I just joined a new server and almost immediately got aggro, I booked it to the forest and lost the zombies by doing the walking uphill trick, now I am off in the forest with no gear lol... I need to find a deer blind or something

Just so I have this straight... when on "direct communication" you press / and type what you want to say? cause I just ran into a guy in the woods and he wouldnt say anything back... he just kept his gun on me and wouldn't let me come close lol... he kept running off... gun must have been empty lol...

Whats the key for voice chat? I dont see that in my options menu

I just joined a new server and almost immediately got aggro, I booked it to the forest and lost the zombies by doing the walking uphill trick, now I am off in the forest with no gear lol... I need to find a deer blind or something

Yes. Deer stands and barns are good for finding weapons and supplies. The firehouse in elektro is awesome after you've got killed and lost your gear, kinda risky though.

e: Caps lock for voice chat.

Edited by Sewly

Join a nighttime server, pop some flares, grab it and run trough Cherno. That's the best way to avoid zombies and players and sometimes you will find some decent loot with that tactic. And dude! Never run in forests, the boars gonna kill you. Better run in open fields and shoot a bullet to the ground all 100 meters. The zombies will hear it and be afraid of it.

That's how you should play this game! :D

• Like 2

so far this is pretty awesome... pretty lonely too though lol. So I have been running through the woods like a meth head on bath salts and came up on a small farming community... found me a dbl barrel shotgun and rolled out... saw some guy riding a bicycle through an open field, and I was almost fully dehydrated so I took a long shot at him and missed and decided it wasnt worth wasting any more ammo on.

Rolled up on another small villiage and found me an enfield and some other supplies, still no canteen or soda cans.

so I headed back off into the woods and found some pond with park benches next to it, I go up to it and try to drink straight from the pond with middle mouse button and nothing happens. I start pressting buttons and I press the change weapon key, and a 1911 comes up and my pack changes... wtf... switch back and my primary is now a silenced M4 with an acog... major WTF!? I look in my pack and I am all loaded up with good stuff, even have an AS50 in the pack... I dont know if this is a glitch or if a hacker loaded me up... I'm not gonna complain about it since I will probably die soon and lose it all anyway lol

Sounds like your having fun with it daspope. As for all the gear, yeah a script loaded you up. This stuff will be worked out eventually.

Sounds like your having fun with it daspope. As for all the gear, yeah a script loaded you up. This stuff will be worked out eventually.

I am totally having fun with it now that I learned that people are worse than zombies and its best to keep my distance from either...

I just chill in the woods running around like some kinda tree hugger making quick dashes into small villages when I see there arent many zombies around the buildings closest to the tree line.

Found an MP5A5 and AK-74U and some mags in a deer blind, now I don't feel so bad about being loaded up with that gear... though, my AS50 disappeared when I logged out then into a dif server, whatevs I don't need to be ringing a dinner bell for every zombie within a mile of me when I snipe.

I find you spend most of the time early in your characters life running away lol. Glad you're having fun with it though, hope to see you up North someday.

What's up north? I've died so many times now, that am praying a zombie apocalypse never happens in real life lol. Last night was the first time I've logged out alive, although in one of the shops in the city. Thats sounding like it was a big mistake.

Hi Daspope. Sounds like you're doing really well so far. You've found a lot more than me and I've been playing for a week. Be careful when you read people's advice, sometimes they're just teasing you. ;)

Keep quiet, move slowly, listen, watch and when the need arises, run like bloody hell! :thumbsup:

Well, I am calling it quits for now, I need to get some sleep. My night ended with yet another mass murder via teleport hack.

What sucks is the only thing to have killed me so far is hackers and one sniper... a couple zombies got a hold of me and drained me down to 500 blood and I was able to make it away... granted I kept passing out while looking for food and then a hacker killed me lol.

what can be done to ensure all your stuff isnt lost when you die? do you have to store it in a tent? or can you just drop a bunch of stuff on the ground in the woods and it will be there when you go back, assuming no one else finds it.

if you get teleported, dont be afraid to disconnect instantly..

screw the hackers out of a easy kill.. log into a different server..

sadly right now Hacking is rampant, cuz its been stated the mod defvs cant stop it..

once word of that spread its like wildfire, now hacking has become a serious issue, instead of a rare happening..