Sign in to follow this  
chimaerazone

M4A1 HWS M203?

I would like to know if anyone has ever came across one? I read on the wiki that they are "moderate" and I haven't came across one yet. I held and shot every gun in this game from the Makarov to the SVD. Can anyone help?

Hmmmm. Never seen one myself.

Mind you I haven't see a lot of the items in the game.

I'm not very lucky sadly when it comes to finding cool/rare stuff.

=(

Found this weapons twice already but it sucks. Without the leaf sight the M203 is inaccurate and the holo sight is anything but helpful. Get a M4A3 CCO instead ;)

Edited by butter_milch

Not hacked, personally found one at a barrracks.

Not true. We found one at a crash site.

How do you guys like em'?

I found my first holo in the southwest barracks. At first I just thought "Oh, another M4/M16, no biggy" but then I stopped to examine it. "Hm, sure are a lot of fancy stuff attached to the name. Let's try it out." I instantly fell in love with it. Best weapon hands down as far as I'm concerned. Fancy sight? Check. Full auto? Check. M203 for blowing up those pesky bandits trying to hide behind trees? Check. As far as I'm concerned the M4A1 Holo is the most versatile weapon in the game. I suggest you start making more trips to the barracks in hopes of getting one. They may spawn in crash sites as well but I have never seen that happen.

My only problem with this gun is that it's just so damned hard to find. I believe that DayZDB's spawn rate charts are off, as well as the wiki, because this gun is NOWHERE to be seen. I could just be getting unlucky mind you, but I find several M16 ACOG's, M16 M203's, M4 SD's ect. ect. before I ever find even one holo. I doubt it's the rarest gun in the game but to me it sure as hell feels like it.

I found my first holo in the southwest barracks. At first I just thought "Oh, another M4/M16, no biggy" but then I stopped to examine it. "Hm, sure are a lot of fancy stuff attached to the name. Let's try it out." I instantly fell in love with it. Best weapon hands down as far as I'm concerned. Fancy sight? Check. Full auto? Check. M203 for blowing up those pesky bandits trying to hide behind trees? Check. As far as I'm concerned the M4A1 Holo is the most versatile weapon in the game. I suggest you start making more trips to the barracks in hopes of getting one. They may spawn in crash sites as well but I have never seen that happen.

My only problem with this gun is that it's just so damned hard to find. I believe that DayZDB's spawn rate charts are off, as well as the wiki, because this gun is NOWHERE to be seen. I could just be getting unlucky mind you, but I find several M16 ACOG's, M16 M203's, M4 SD's ect. ect. before I ever find even one holo. I doubt it's the rarest gun in the game but to me it sure as hell feels like it.

It has to be up there with the SVD/L85. Been trying to look for that weapon for ages. I'm pretty sure that M16 ACOG is up there with the rest too.

It has to be up there with the SVD/L85. Been trying to look for that weapon for ages. I'm pretty sure that M16 ACOG is up there with the rest too.

I have shot and held every weapon in the game by find them besides this M4 with holo and M203. I think the SVD is the most rarest I have one but I got it out of a hackers camp. And the L85 is to easy to find. You can find it every 3/5 helicopter crashes. But I agree with you I can get my hands on everything besides this stupid M4A1 HWS M203. Well I know what my next goal is :P

Edited by ChimaeraZone

I have shot and held every weapon in the game by find them besides this M4 with holo and M203. I think the SVD is the most rarest I have one but I got it out of a hackers camp. And the L85 is to easy to find. You can find it every 3/5 helicopter crashes. But I agree with you I can get my hands on everything besides this stupid M4A1 HWS M203. Well I know what my next goal is :P

I currently use one, also found in barracks. Looking to trade that or my MK 48 MOD 0 for NVG's :)

I currently use one, also found in barracks. Looking to trade that or my MK 48 MOD 0 for NVG's :)

I will trade you some NVG's for the M4. Message me on steam: ChimaeraZone

If someone hasn't surprised a camper with a well-placed flare above their head at night, you're not really living.

the only AWS is the L85 nd its god awful for killing people... the sight primarily makes it a mid to long range weapon, yet its weak and pretty inaccurate even when zeroed to the correct range....

best use for it is thermal scouting -> switch to better wep for the kill

the only AWS is the L85 nd its god awful for killing people... the sight primarily makes it a mid to long range weapon, yet its weak and pretty inaccurate even when zeroed to the correct range....

best use for it is thermal scouting -> switch to better wep for the kill

Yeah, in the group of people that I play with we have one person with it so they can scan a tree line real quickly and see them.