Brostradamus

US 362 Admin and AGW Clan Abuse

As the renter of a server..i've got to say hacking has gotten pretty bad lately there's been more than a few times where i just had to shut down the server for a few hours.

Too all of you who don't host a server go out get a job pay the cost per month and deal with all the bullshit. Because according to you we as admins can teleport,rollback and spawn weapons. When in fact most of our time is spent looking at a Log instead of playing the game trying to insure that ungrateful little punks can get all pissy about the way a server is run.

Seriously this shit is getting old.

Everyday i read atleast 50 threads of (OMG ADMIN ABUSE WITH NO PROOF) they went the route the thought was best, now if you have any assets on that server check for them if they're still intact then this whole witch hunt was a waste of everyones time.

In short get your own server then people can QQ about you.

• Like 1

What I'm really confused about is they claim they have no camp, they claim the people were in there helping with the server, and they also defend this by saying " We had the decency to post to you, run your own server and tell me how it is" blah blah.

What would be really nice is if you could touch base with us on the supposed camp you dont have southwest of black mountain in a triangle formation of trees in the middle of the field with perfectly aligned sandbags and 10+ vehicles in it, over 30 ghillies and nvgs as well as many many weapons. (thank you btw those went to great use). Now we raid player camps on a daily basis to get our gear, but what I find absolutely hilarious is that as soon as it was looted, 3 hours later there were signs it was being moved, 2 hours after that the camp was almost gone, and then an hour after that the server was locked... we all know the rest of the story after that.

I'm really tired of hearing people complain about hackers and about scripters ruining their server and about this and about that yet when we kill a clan member on a server they will roll it back... when we kill an admin (with proof, don't give me this bullshit we don't have proof. I'm not one to make accusations without it.) and the server is rolled back. I'm not going to cry wolf and go ADMIN ABUSE, ADMIN ABUSE!!! But lets face it, you dont want to encounter script kiddies nuking your servers? Dont buy one. Period. It really is a pain in the ass you can't just say yeah, we did it and we are sorry.

We don't give a fuck that you free farmed gear and that you are trying to defend yourself with all of these stories (Really loosely threaded by the way, please try harder next time to think before you tell us 8 non admin priveledged users needed to help you fix the server, as well as locking the server doesn't really do anything to stop scripting/hacking besides show them when the server is up they can just come back.....)

My absolute point at it's finest is fuck off with the excuses, and just admit you locked the server because you are really pissed your camp was pretty much raided for all it's worth, and that if you continue to make camps such as that we will find it and destroy them from now on. There is no point in lying when there is blatant proof you violated the terms of service. Nobody gives a fuck what you were doing during the lockdown, we're telling you that you broke that TOS and the rules.

Edited by Brotatoe

To all players on US 362, we will be wiping our server this weekend & changing it to Veteran mode to help reset the vehicles, tents, ect.. Everything will be back to default positions. Sorry to anyone who's got items in certain location, but we want to clean the server & restart to ensure all players start out the same. We do hope you continue to make our server your home & your welcome to join our community & become a member of AGW (ArmedGlobalWarfare.com). We are currently building up our player base for Arma 3, we could use players who want to be part of a community that continues to grow. We will be hosting PvP campaigns once A3 releases.

To all players on US 362, we will be wiping our server this weekend & changing it to Veteran mode to help reset the vehicles, tents, ect.. Everything will be back to default positions. Sorry to anyone who's got items in certain location, but we want to clean the server & restart to ensure all players start out the same. We do hope you continue to make our server your home & your welcome to join our community & become a member of AGW (ArmedGlobalWarfare.com). We are currently building up our player base for Arma 3, we could use players who want to be part of a community that continues to grow. We will be hosting PvP campaigns once A3 releases.

Posts this, locks for four hours to grab vehicles.

Waiting for it.....

• Like 1

Shrug. I'm actually starting to think that they should give some perks to server admins.

Not server locks... But something. Control of a small safe zone, special vehicle... Something.

As the renter of a server..i've got to say hacking has gotten pretty bad lately there's been more than a few times where i just had to shut down the server for a few hours.

Too all of you who don't host a server go out get a job pay the cost per month and deal with all the bullshit. Because according to you we as admins can teleport,rollback and spawn weapons. When in fact most of our time is spent looking at a Log instead of playing the game trying to insure that ungrateful little punks can get all pissy about the way a server is run.

Seriously this shit is getting old.

Everyday i read atleast 50 threads of (OMG ADMIN ABUSE WITH NO PROOF) they went the route the thought was best, now if you have any assets on that server check for them if they're still intact then this whole witch hunt was a waste of everyones time.

I don't think you've read the thread mate... not a single person here has claimed that the server admin is hacking/teleporting or spawning weapons. You also claim that you had to shut down your server to check through the logs due to hackers, which is encouraged actually. When your server is hacked it is the Admins job to search through the logs to find out said hacker and ban him so he can't continue to do it... not lock the server and invite all your friends on to it whilst you farm for gear and play DayZ whilst still connected to the hive. You also state that I am a "ungrateful little punk", is this thread not justified by the blatant infringement of the terms of service that you accept when you Administrate a dayZ server?

The screenshots as well as the admin admitting to the infringement of ToS is more than enough proof. The assets on the server were obviously gone, and do you also refer to anyone who makes it aware that someone is cheating in a game to gain an advantage over others whether they know it or not... an "Ungrateful little punk who starts witch-hunts"?

If I did acquire my own server and administrated it, then broke the ToS and rules and locked my server to keep players out and only allow my friends to play I would most certainly expect people to complain about that and I think it is quite obvious as to why.

Edited by Brostradamus
  • Like 2

Oh as well, I'd like to point out that once more on the subject of you talking about how you shut the server down to check logs and shut down to keep hackers away.

I think it should be duly noted that due to your previous forum posts on your profile you don't even KNOW most of the admin commands. Especially how to check logs.

proof noted here.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44713-admin-tools/#entry425219

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46113-which-server-logs-what-to-look-for/#entry438902

Oh and as well as you admitting to being a server admin for 4 MONTHS with a group of 4 people :

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/51295-1-rule1-mod-tweak-to-help-admins/#entry491283

asking to be able to lock servers so that only people in your community can play.

So tell me, how did you go from a 4 month admin with a group of 4. to being an "experienced admin with a tourny group of 8" while a server is down for 12 hours?

Can you say Check, and Mate?

• Like 1

Notice how none of them are acknowledging the whole deal about the same 8 clan members that usually log in to the server were on during the locked phase. Keep trying to throw sidebars into the argument instead of trying to refute the main points. It isn't drawing our attention to said sidebars but rather drawing more attention to the things you have been accused of.

I guess they have not been blacklisted as that would be a conflict of interest to the company (more money = company doesn't give 2 shits). I wonder if this cancerous philosophy will continue in the standalone.

Off topic: why the hell is there the option to even lock servers for admins to begin with if its against the ToS? Couldn't they just remove that feature for dayz server admins?

Edited by Forseti

Was on US 362, had a blue military truck we took. They shutdown the server password locked it. Then there was 3 players on. when we got back in the truck was gone. No biggy.

My friend confronted one politly and they banned him from the server. Kinda messed up. Wont play on this server anymore.

To all other server admins thanks. We have a list of all our favorite servers. Some Admins do a great job being fair. And Thanks to all for supporting DayZ.

Was on US 362, had a blue military truck we took. They shutdown the server password locked it. Then there was 3 players on. when we got back in the truck was gone. No biggy.

My friend confronted one politly and they banned him from the server. Kinda messed up. Wont play on this server anymore.

To all other server admins thanks. We have a list of all our favorite servers. Some Admins do a great job being fair. And Thanks to all for supporting DayZ.

LOL sorry buddy but i think you where on a other server with the number 362 cause there is also a DE 362 and what not.

we got teleport hacks daily but we dont password the server anymore since we got acused in here we simply restart it nothing more and sometimes that isn't even nessecary cause ppl will leave instantly when they are teleported, we do not ban ppl for asking what happened ;)

we said it before if anyone wants to ask us something just hop on teamspeak and go to www.armedglobalwarfare.com

have a good day :)

Brotatoe, you are the reason why most admins give up on servers. Because of your whining, they have stopped their solution of locking the server when hackers are on. Now you still want them blacklisted? why dont u just go to another server man? There are 3000. Players like you & the hackers are killing the game. Our clan owns a server and we have our hands pretty much tied. But i can tell u this, when i see a hacker i close the server down & play another game. We actually PAY to play this game where u only whine & stir shit up, have some respect for the people that make it possible for you to play.

• Like 2

I figured I would link this here since this admin and people who support the admin in locking the server must not have read these rules. Read number: 4. Also by the amount of server reporting and locked servers. I would think it would be better to just put in a ticket through support.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

• Like 2

I figured I would link this here since this admin and people who support the admin in locking the server must not have read these rules. Read number: 4. Also by the amount of server reporting and locked servers. I would think it would be better to just put in a ticket through support.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

This is the slam dunk.

Sorry US 362, your motivations for locking the server aren't relevant.

Locking a server is against ToS for a reason. Hackers suck, but admins who think they are above everyone else because they pay an arbitrary amount are worse.

I really support you trying to make sure your server is administrated, but that doesn't justify what you did.

Sorry to hear about the issues on your server, hopefully by locking it whenever you want you haven't added to the attacks on your server.

• Like 2

admins who think they are above everyone else because they pay an arbitrary amount are worse.

Ha ha, you're a dick.

Get your fecking hand in your pocket before you call it an "arbitrary amount."

In answer to the OP, just go play somewhere else FFS.

LOL sorry buddy but i think you where on a other server with the number 362 cause there is also a DE 362 and what not.

we got teleport hacks daily but we dont password the server anymore since we got acused in here we simply restart it nothing more and sometimes that isn't even nessecary cause ppl will leave instantly when they are teleported, we do not ban ppl for asking what happened ;)

we said it before if anyone wants to ask us something just hop on teamspeak and go to www.armedglobalwarfare.com

have a good day :)

Well I know it was US 362. and when I was on the server it said report cheating to www.armedglobalwarfare.com. So to blame another server is kinda messed up.

Brotatoe, you are the reason why most admins give up on servers. Because of your whining, they have stopped their solution of locking the server when hackers are on. Now you still want them blacklisted? why dont u just go to another server man? There are 3000. Players like you & the hackers are killing the game. Our clan owns a server and we have our hands pretty much tied. But i can tell u this, when i see a hacker i close the server down & play another game. We actually PAY to play this game where u only whine & stir shit up, have some respect for the people that make it possible for you to play.

You realize there are other options that are far more effective in catching hackers then making up lame ass excuses to re supply on lost gear because your panties are to tight. Sorry excuses like yours and these server admins result in whiny players posting about how low these kiddies who use there mommies cred cards to rent a server, really are.

Saying you need to lock the server for only your clan and admins because of hackers is bullshit. What possible work can a clan of players do IN the server, to "work" on it, that isnt advantages for only them.

Edited by Dj Mikey

I'm one of the players that is killing this game? That's quite interesting because I've been livestreaming dayz for about a month now with anywhere from 300-1400 people in my channel at any given time. Many people have been INTRODUCED to this game through streams on Twitch.tv. I server hop quite frequently actually we rarely stay on one server. So the whole, "find a new server" thing isn't really an issue, it'd just be nice to see douchebags off of this game. The fact that you're bitching that you have to pay for your server and trying to hold it above anyones head just informs me you are one of those admins that thinks BECAUSE they are admins that they are above other players. I paid my 30$ for the game, because you run a server that I will most likely never play on, that means everyone owes you respect?

I'd say dipshits like you are not only what derails forum posts such as this, but also what make my fucking head hurt whenever I get a slight reality check once in awhile that people this stupid can actually exist and haven't yet been hit by a car on the street trying to pick up a shiny coin.

• Like 1

It's funny how the only guys defending the server owners, look like throwaway accounts.

• Like 3

The only parts you need to read are in red.

You get mad when a hacker kills you and/or your clan members, so you take down the server. I don't think I need to say any more at this point.

-MONSTER

Edited by M O N S T E R
  • Like 1

Ha ha, you're a dick.

Get your fecking hand in your pocket before you call it an "arbitrary amount."

In answer to the OP, just go play somewhere else FFS.

Thankfully I do not play on your servers. All I ever see in any forum post you do is always "go play on another server FFS" If every admin said this there would be no servers left.

and once again here is an admin trying to do what he/she can to stop twats fucking up your free game and once again oh read the ''rules'' you CANT do this and you CANT do that well fuck the ''rules'' lock your server give the password to people who you know are non hackers and enjoy it i hope that more server admins take a leaf out of these guys book and lock more servers maybe in time when all the servers are locked you freebees will be crying over not having anywhere to play becuse they cryed about some admin locking there server becuse of hackers