sleepo_o@hotmail.de

Cigarettes to calm down ?

I agree, this thread doesn't need to be as controversial as its being made out to be. I personally think its a good idea, and it'd nice to implement it so that you didn't need it, but it's useful. And, like I've said before, role play value.

I think the biggest pro should be that it steadies your aim a bit, at the obvious cost of stealth and such, and can be used as cheap bait. That way no one is forced to use it, so no one can complain, but it becomes useful.

well it seems like a good idea for RPers but anything else smoking will be a negative, the only reason why it calms your nerves when smoking is because it was the lack of smoking that caused you to get the nerves, there aren't any physical drugs in cigarettes that actually work on the nerves.

The reason why you don't get a higher adrenaline rush is because your arteries are clogged with cholesterol and tar.

So overall the Pros would be

steadier gun sights in a crisis.

bonding with other players who smoke (they haven't got a cig but you do).

the smoking action gives you a sense of nerves being calmed.

the cons would be

Loss of stamina much quicker.

cigarette will produce light (akin to the light sticks with say another 20m range).

The need to smoke and stop more often (more breaks than everyone who doesn't smoke.

if you miss smoking deadline you start to get jittery due to withdrawal.

Ha, I actually quite like the idea of bonding by letting a survivor bum a cig off of you. Just another one of those little things in the game, and I'm all for extra survivor interaction.

I don't smoke but my character in APB smokes. Why you ask? Because I can.

Seriously what's the harm? Whether it looks cool or absolutely disgusts you. Sometimes those little details can greatly improve a mod or a game. It's just immersive.

As for the pros and cons... Eh, I don't know. I think it would be better if it was just for looks but that is just my opinion.

Considering the fuss that happened when I ADDED female characters to the game, can you guys imagine what would happen if I ACTUALLY did this? :P

On a serious note, I'm keen to explore some of the more adult themes including those around alcohol and other drugs - but it needs to be considered very careful and in context with the situations, pressures, tensions, and emotions that the system is intending to place on the player... once the current system has been sorted out more.

• Like 1

Considering the fuss that happened when I ADDED female characters to the game' date=' can you guys imagine what would happen if I ACTUALLY did this? :P

[/quote']

Didn't think there was any issue :huh:

Anywho, if you guys put cigarettes in, then eyepatches for a face model HAVE to be in there! :P

If you add cigies you have to add addiction to them, so you have to smoke them on regular interval or you will start shaking.

On a serious note' date=' I'm keen to explore some of the more adult themes including those around alcohol and other drugs - but it needs to be considered very careful and in context with the situations, pressures, tensions, and emotions that the system is intending to place on the player... once the current system has been sorted out more.[/quote']

Dude, I just quit after ten years - like, I'm on day 20 without one - and now, you're considering giving my in-game character the ability to puff up? You want adult themes that calm people down? Let 'em rub one out. You can force them into first person mode, just amplify the whole breathing sound as it is, and voila. One chilled out character.

So they'll get tired faster, cough a lot more and zombies can smell the nearby smoke? It's interesting though I don't think a cigarette should have anywhere near the effects of actual painkillers. They calm you down when you're stressed, not going into shock.

I like the idea of the adult themes entered into the game, and I reiterate ROLEPLAY.

But I honestly don't see how this or having a female character should be controversial.

If they want to add alcohol, and cigarettes, sure.

So let's be fair. How would these be utilized the best in game? As a role-playing element. A blurry screen or something is fine, but none of these things should have benefits or long term negative effects. They should just be fun additions to the game.

As far as the guitars go. Yes, 100%. Adding in guitars that play preset sound files would be really cool. I can play the majority of those STALKER campfire songs, so I was massively disappointed that I couldn't direct chat my guitar to my friends.

@Heinrich

yeah a guitar would be cool!

imagine being with your friends :foreveraloneface: next to a campfire in the rain, sometimes you might need to sit there for at least 5+ mins to get your temperature up to 100% which can be quite boring just sitting there looking at your temperature gauge, but wait, someone pulls out a guitar from his pack and starts playing! FTW maybe add a harmonica too, get a duet on the go? xD

maybe make it an item that needs repair, so you need to find guitar strings and the actual guitar. guitar found in barns, strings found in department stores.

@Heinrich

yeah a guitar would be cool!

imagine being with your friends :foreveraloneface: next to a campfire in the rain' date=' sometimes you might need to sit there for at least 5+ mins to get your temperature up to 100% which can be quite boring just sitting there looking at your temperature gauge, but wait, someone pulls out a guitar from his pack and starts playing! FTW maybe add a harmonica too, get a duet on the go? xD

maybe make it an item that needs repair, so you need to find guitar strings and the actual guitar. guitar found in barns, strings found in department stores.

[/quote']

How about to add cigarettes to slow down the adrenaline rush you get in panic mode ? But smoking will also lower your statima a bit.

Fantastic idea. And completely realistic.

Those who have never smoked before or the group thinkers might disagree and have negative opinions about your suggestion. But ignore them, it's a damn good idea.

Smoking sickens me, but if the world is going to hell and humanity isn't going to make it, hey, I might as well pick up the habbit.

Smoking does not alleviate stress it relieves the tension developed from nicotine withdrawal. In fact due to the mood changes you will be more stressed than the average person. Enjoy your placebo whilst I conspire to see stress levels added to those that smoke, adding in game shakes, loud coughing noises and visible smoke.

If you were able to smoke in game then it should cause you to calm down but also cause addiction, have withdrawel symptoms, cause you to need to calm down more often and cause zombies to be able to smell you within a certain range.