youfindhans@gmail.com

--- Admins Resetting Server * when Member gets shot ---

There's all this complaint about cheaters and hackers.

But what about the Admins abusing there ability to reset a server?

I can not count on my fingers the amount of times servers gets reset for no reason.

Right at the moment either i or my friend shoots a server related person.

Moments server restarts without warning:

- Shoot a player that is related to the server.

- Steal a vehicle.

- Shoot people in vehicle.

- Drive off with vehicle.

Effects:

- Loss All gear.

- Friends gear.

- Newly obtained gear.

- Own Vehicles.

- Captured Vehicles.

- Tents.

- Chance of killing someone.

- Feel free to add more to this list.

And all this applies to ALL the people that are in the current server being forced to Reset.

How is this not worse then cheaters? How is this not a priority.

In most occations it happends when i shoot a camping ghillie dude thats related to server owner.

This is just sick really. i think its worse then cheaters to be honest.

Because the admins are the people who are supposed to make it playable and keep the game fair.

Why i post this in Suggestion?

Because admins should not be able to reset a server without an automatic countdown (cooldown).

If they in any case DO reset servers "the hard way" then they should be blacklisted after a set ammount of times they do that.

Why punish players for reconnecting but not admins for abusing there server reset button?

Ive been in 60 player public servers where the server resets 3 times in a row after seeing the same player getting shot. i cant believe what i see.

When you are in a server and you see the timeout message. Look at who got killed. Because kills dont happen that much in DayZ. And timeouts seem to happen allot right after a kill gets made. or a vehicle gets stolen. Look at the Server report forum. imagine the ammount of people who actually bother to make an account and go post on the forum what happend. then imagine how many of those actually tape whats going on. Now take that in account and see the ammount of threads in the server report forum. that just concludes that it happends in insane amounts. and that for a game where resets and crashes influence the game and the characters gear ALLOT. its sad.

Vote for forced timer on server reboots and tracking of hard restart by manual resetting.

The whole forum server report and letting people tape that they get disconnected is a total unlogical way of doing this and does not really show allot of support from the hive side. Its such a long way around of catching these admins. As they spoil the game completely for everyone with full servers.

Hive should track the way servers are being reset. And if they already do that. Then why is this data not being used?

Gp

Edited by GuitarPants
  • Like 7

I like it. Got kicked from a server today just for looting the body of an admin. I don't usually look at which server I'm on. Guess I should start.

yeah its despicable

just never play on piece of shit servers like those anymore like US 1340 they have a script that auto kicks anybody who destroys a vehicle and the vehicle automatically respawns at full green with fuel

How about every admin with a clan basically kept the sever on pw protected till they horded every heli, UAZ and other vehicles of their choosing before allowing the sever to go public. And even worse the sever US 1340 if u shoot a vehicle it kicks you off the sever and resets the vehicle where it was shot fully healed.

Edited by Reaper0516

We've been having our base attacked by some guys using the infinite satchel thing (like this guy) daily (twice today, actually). Satchels go off, I drop the server, I dig through the logs, and when I get back with another cheat report (quickly ignored by the community) our vehicles are back and good as new.

We've been having our base attacked by some guys using the infinite satchel thing (like this guy) daily (twice today, actually). Satchels go off, I drop the server, I dig through the logs, and when I get back with another cheat report (quickly ignored by the community) our vehicles are back and good as new.

Then you are not part of this problem. What are you trying to say?

We are talking about bad server admins. not Good ones.

Please contribute to the problem instead of fishing for something.

+ I hope you warn everyone in the server that you are about to reset the server because they could be either.

- dropping there bag.

- budy trying to patch up there body.

- budy trying to take there gear.

- driving a vehicle

- etc etc etc

Like you said: "our camp" there are more camps then your camp. and its not only about the "admins camp".

Edited by GuitarPants

Yes, me and my friends were in cherno when we come under heavy fire from a group of people baiting the hospital, I was killed. When I went back to try to get my gear there was a guy looting my body, I shot him and not 5 seconds went by when the server reset, no warning at all, lost all my stuff.

How about every admin with a clan basically kept the sever on pw protected till they horded every heli, UAZ and other vehicles of their choosing before allowing the sever to go public. And even worse the sever US 1340 if u shoot a vehicle it kicks you off the sever and resets the vehicle where it was shot fully healed.

Yeah i read about that.

I think in generally the style in which this game works right now and how its connected to the hive. servers should not even be allowed to password lock themselves out from the rest.

And if they do think they should be locked down (for whatever reason).

They should not be allowed to be in contact with the hive.

Thats how i think about it.

Having a locked down server that is connected to the hive basicly means you can do whatever you want and harvest items or manipulate the world and hive. then jump in another server thats public with all the stuff you gathered. or move around in your safe have and then login to another position in public server. its basicly cheating. and it takes away all the realism and intention of the way this game is meant to be played.

Edited by GuitarPants

yeah its despicable

just never play on piece of shit servers like those anymore like US 1340 they have a script that auto kicks anybody who destroys a vehicle and the vehicle automatically respawns at full green with fuel

Well, you're nice a full of shit. Maybe do a little research before claiming a server is hosting some script. US 1340 is a rented server from Host Altitude. [HF], the clan renting it, can't run scripts on the server, and Altitude would never approve of loading such a script.

I'm with HF. If you think something like that is running, please feel free to contact Altitude if you'd like them to look into us. I welcome it. Here is their contact us page:

https://billing.hostaltitude.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

I have yet to encounter an admin abusing his power.

You may want to try some different servers

Its a no win. You get bit_hed at for not doing anything as an admin when a scripter enters. Or you are abusing or at least people think you are. Its a no win.

If you think its so easy rent your own server and find out.

• Like 1

yeah its despicable

Are ya kidding me? on US1340 I lost my tractor, the white truck, and our HELICHOPPER due to Battleye script #54. Guess what? I'm an admin.

Well I like this thread but Its pissing me off when some hacker come to the server and kill everyone on the server.Admin just have to rollback.And where I am playing the admin is a good man and he always tell us if he is gonna do rollback.Rollbacks are good against hackers.

Well I like this thread but Its pissing me off when some hacker come to the server and kill everyone on the server.Admin just have to rollback.And where I am playing the admin is a good man and he always tell us if he is gonna do rollback.Rollbacks are good against hackers.

Admins do not have the power to do a rollback.

They can only Restart servers, lock servers, and kick/ban players

US 1340 had a hacker join tonight. Somehow, he started toggling the weather. We pulled the server down right after everyone got teleported to Electro.

We scoured the logs and couldn't figure out who the hacker was, but no one our server lost their shit, because we shut the server down in time.

In closing, my server has 5 active admins. We will do everything we can to ban all hackers, but we need more info. Some info is only being sent to Battleeye.

Why would you want to stop an admin having the ability to restart the server? Especially whilst the game is in alpha.

In the years I've administered CoD, BF and other servers I've never heard so much whine about server admins. If you don't like a particular server fuck off and play on a different one. There's plenty to choose from.

Why would you want to stop an admin having the ability to restart the server? Especially whilst the game is in alpha.

In the years I've administered CoD, BF and other servers I've never heard so much whine about server admins. If you don't like a particular server fuck off and play on a different one. There's plenty to choose from.

CoD and BF server admins dont really have a reason to re set because you just respawn with all your stuff. in DayZ, you either re set or lose all your stuff, and clearly there are a vast amount of admins that are bad losers and refuse to play the game properly. that is why you wont see this problem in cod and battlefield ect.

Also the problem simply is that with so many servers it isnt exactly easy to know which ones have decent admins without having the hard reset done while you are in game. so easier said than done.

There are plenty of servers that are low or next to empty because the admin will auto-kick anyone he doesnt know even though the rules for getting a server expressly prohibit kicking people for ANY reason aside from hacking/exploiting or harassment in the way of RL threats etc. Also password protecting a server is expressly prohibited, and yet they do nothing about all the locked servers.

why isn't there one video of prove of this admin abuse? i mean i'm sure it exists but naming servers without any prove is bad. what is it with people just claiming things in these forums. moderators are badly needed.

why isn't there one video of prove of this admin abuse? i mean i'm sure it exists but naming servers without any prove is bad. what is it with people just claiming things in these forums. moderators are badly needed.

Believe it or not Benson not everyone has a computer that can record or stream while they play, also many people lack the know-how to do so. If you have multiple people pointing to the same place chances are it's for a reason.

Edited by Sinvex

There is definately an issue surrounding the admin abuse thing. My friends and I were looking to make our home on a well known server but in one day two incidents occurred.

One of the admins got killed and Alt-F4'd after spending hours sniping cherno (or possibly elektro, I forget which). He told the guy who owns the server, in TS (we were there) that he was killed by a hacker and so the server owner killed the server. Said it openly across TS that's what he was doing. It turns out the admin that died most definately was not killed by a hacker but by a couple of guys that just happened to be in the patch of forest he ran through. Even if it were due to a hacker, this would not have been acceptable in my eyes.

Second incident, which I'll admit is less clear-cut than the one above, is thus; my friend found a camp belonging to the admins and their friends, I joined the server and went to check it out with him and at the point I was about to hop into their old hatchback I got kicked for a high ping (the guy that kicked me, I have seen with the same ping btw) and then announced that the server was being reset due to high latency. This is the same admin that claimed to be killed by a hacker. By the time I'd managed to get back into the server a couple of people had managed to make it back to the area of the camp (my friend was dicking around on a bicycle and spotted them incoming). I tried to make off in the car but before I reached the road I was sniped.

Now that second one may have been coincidental but these things happen all too often in my experience.

I think a big thing is that some admins are just too trusting of clans that regular their servers.

I used to be a regular of US 610 (first server I played on). There are 3 major clans in the server. [2nd SRS], [wat] and =TBH=. As far as I know the only ones that have admin are BadNoob (server owner, not affiliated with any of the clans but does talk to all of them), [2nd SRS] Beef_stu and =TBH= Andrew.

I have had encounters with 2nd SRS, wat and BadNoob (he was with another that was tagged with him, don't remember the tag). I haven't ever run into the =TBH= guys. I run with 1 other person, sometimes 2 at most. None of us tag up but both my encounters with [2nd SRS] have been pretty classy. Beef_stu even got one of our guys to go in TS with him to say good fight.

The reason I left the server however was over 2 instances ~a week to 2 weeks ago.

1) When I was with 1 of my partners, we ran into BadNoob and his friend we had a ~15 minute fight where I took out his friend and then eventually BadNoob himself. No more than 10 seconds after killing BadNoob, my friend and I were both kicked from the server. We logged in later and found out that we killed them at their camp.

2) Was running with the same person. We found the [wat] camp at night and one of them came back into their camp. We ended up killing 2 of them. Another [wat] member logged in and started running through the field where we were and we killed him as well. We must have been no more than 100m from their camp and as soon as we got back to the camp after killing the 3rd [wat] player, the server lost connection (was restarted). We quickly rejoined and all of a sudden BadNoob was there with ~4 [wat] members. Every time we rejoined, we were instantly kicked but the [wat] members were not.

Now I know for a fact that when there is a scripter in the server, BadNoob will restart the server and kick EVERYONE on the server until he can identify who it was in logs. Good tactic, it stops people from losing their gear. In fact, its one of the servers where I haven't really ran into a lot of scripters and I commend it for that.

But both those instances kinda pushed me over the top. In the [wat] encounter, I was told that one of the members immediately told BadNoob they were hacked (which they weren't) so he restarted it and kicked so they could recover their camp.

Like I said, I really think a lot of the instances are more about trust than admin abuse. There was no proof of any hacks whatsoever but he took them at their word and restarted it. But I also believe that a lot of people in general (not just admins) jump the gun on accusing whomever kills them of hacking.

I still stop by the server from time to time, but not everyday like I used to.

Edited by deltons