gozzgug

Remove sniper rifles..more realistic...

Bandits? Yes

Sniping? (mouse buttoning with laser sticks with--> no easy or FUN way to try and counter it<--) No!!

What about Thermal scope? A brain to check for snipers, check for zeds close to outskirt of town? Oh and, what about avoiding snipers by simply going another way aka. blind spot for them? Jesus... You really dont know anything about this game yet.

sounds like your tring to play COD or battlefield.

tell me is the game goal to stay alive or to get the highest amount of murders

I think all sniper rifles should be removed and there should only be the typical civilian guns available in game. By doing this you would force people into the towns and play face to face thus increasing the realism and intensity of the game.

Not sure if trolling...or just plain retard...

How does removing sniper rifles increase realism?

Not sure if trolling...or just plain retard...

How does removing sniper rifles increase realism?

tell me. how many sniper rifles have you seen in real life. I am in the army and I have seen very view.

tell me. how many sniper rifles have you seen in real life. I am in the army and I have seen very view.

I have never seen a sniper rifle in real life. This still doesnt change the fact that there are snipers out there, so removing them wouldn't be realistic at all...

wait so your telling me in at least 20 years or however old you are you have never seen a sniper rifle. and you expect them to be in buildings all over the world in a zombie apocolyps? I mean really? you think it would be realistic to find any sniper rifle in a barn or barracks.

let me tell you something the only time you will find a 50cal is in an armoury 1 or 2 feet thick full of reinforced steel. or when a grunt is on a sniper course sleeping next to it cuddling it lie a girlfriend if he gets to sleep at all. or on ops in afghan or iraqu and they are secure with the soldier who singned it out no further then 1m away from him. in other words if its not within 1m from somone its locked away good or on a ship, plane in transit to operations. same goes for the SR25 or any other high powered weapon. Now as for assault rifles they will be seen by civilion on exercises, transit or rarely during PT with no magazine and at action unload. you want realistic? how about you learn what it is

Well for the guy talking about realism. You can buy a Barrett M107 if you're a Civilian in the US. Yes, you don't need to be a trained soldier / marksman to buy one. You can check if you want.

So imagine an apocalypse, with people scavenging stuff everywhere, don't you think they'll find some of those rifles ?

Also, how are we supposed to deal with Vehicules without AM rifles ? Simply watch them and wave ?

P.S : Sorry if my english isn't perfect.

snipers should stay ingame but be more difficult to handle,

bullets should be more affected by weather and wind direction

unknownuser BAM! just as he said. now snipers often have a team mate who has a raneg finder telling him where to aim with the wind and everything. all you have in Arma is fall of shot which is unrealistic. if you fired basic assault weapons you would agree

fuck my spelling sucks but i lift weights and am drunk so dont need to spelll

now as for the US and buying a barret. we will see what happens in a few years after the shooting of the dark knight. it will be hard and dificult but we will see how easy it is. plus in russua is it just as easy?

In Russia you can get SVDs or Dragunovs pretty easely in the black market. And they are deadly weapons believe me.

You can shoot anything from 1 up to 1000 meters, and you don't need to hit twice to get the kill.

P.S : I don't need a range finder to line up a shot. Even at extreme ranges.

If you're shooting at less than 400m, the Coriolis Effect, humudity etc are irrelevant. Only the wind counts, and only if it's a heavy wind.

Edited by Aerendir

In Russia you can get SVDs or Dragunovs pretty easely in the black market. And they are deadly weapons believe me.

You can shoot anything from 1 up to 1000 meters, and you don't need to hit twice to get the kill.

ill zigzagg outrun your ass trough the forests, come at me bro

You can buy a Barrett M107 if you're a Civilian in the US. Yes, you don't need to be a trained soldier / marksman to buy one. Yo

1. The game is in Russia!

2. I don't think Russia have ever made many American rifles???

>implying you cannot find american weapons in russia

That's not the point. He was talking about 50 cals being rare. They are not.

And as i said in my previous post, in Russia they have other rifles, and they are as deadly as the M107.

Unknownuser : That's what you should do. A good sniper won't take the shot if you're zig zagging ;).

• Like 1

This thread>Full of pussies pissed cause they keep geting sniped.

Lear to look for ghille suited people or get better at the fucking game don't haver them remove shit cause you suck.

I use the snipers to scope out areas and cover my friends while they are scavanging, are you telling me that that is not realistic??? Would yuou just run into a hostile area with ppl and zombies without cober fire or a spotter??

NO YOU FUCKING WOULDNT WOULD YOU!

Go ass usefull sugestions that may be considered not this mindless bable.

Edited by Viper0hr

Read like the third fucking post. The world is set in Russia after being invaded by America to put down an uprising, hence all the american guns.

You guys act like the US isnt flooded with sks's and ak's!

Edited by Viper0hr

Viper0hr: ...I use the snipers to scope out areas and cover my friends while they are scavanging...

so you're the pussy in your squad, right? lol just kidding :P

This thread>Full of pussies pissed cause they keep geting sniped.

Lear to look for ghille suited people or get better at the fucking game don't haver them remove shit cause you suck.

I use the snipers to scope out areas and cover my friends while they are scavanging, are you telling me that that is not realistic??? Would yuou just run into a hostile area with ppl and zombies without cober fire or a spotter??

NO YOU FUCKING WOULDNT WOULD YOU!

Go ass usefull sugestions that may be considered not this mindless bable.

you have no idea clearly

once you guys have about 50 weapon wualifications then you can coment. once you guys erve in the defence force the you will know how real it is. some of you think legit. some of you are complete dickheads who have no idea

Sniper rifles aren't bad, per se. Their damage is mostly unrealistic, though. The Lee Enfield is seriously overpowered and amping up its rapport to make the gunner zombie bait is only half a solution. None of the other rifles in this game should be one-shot kills at all unless they're head shots, and even then only the .50 caliber rifles.

There are other posts like this and I do not feel like quoting them so this is my response to all.

1. /facepalm

2. The Enfields damage was fine considering its rate of fire.

3. No rifle should be a one shot kill? Have you seen what a 7.62 round does to the human body? I sure have.

4. Only .50 headshots should be able to one hit kill? Just because they are pathetic and unrealistic in other FPS, does not mean they are shit in every other game.

This is just a crying thread of unskilled players who are incapable of adapting and want to feel safe when they play. Making the game better for everyone vs making the game easier for you are two different things.

I have no problems with snipers, if I get sniped, that is my own fault and I need to learn how to work around that. If the sniper misses one shot, he will miss his kill basically cause I'll start running zig zags or random movements to throw him off and go into buildings with 2 exits or more and just get away.

i think the military snipers have to be removed..

but normal snipers like cz still in the game..

but srly.. someplayers are dicks and just like sniping players after have a AS050..

but another players dont.. they have the weapon for scouting their groups.. idk.. i think its not a problem have the snipers but iwill love if have more 'civilians' types of guns then militarys.. like more shootguns.. less "COLTS" m16, m1401 etc..

There are other posts like this and I do not feel like quoting them so this is my response to all.

1. /facepalm

2. The Enfields damage was fine considering its rate of fire.

3. No rifle should be a one shot kill? Have you seen what a 7.62 round does to the human body? I sure have.

4. Only .50 headshots should be able to one hit kill? Just because they are pathetic and unrealistic in other FPS, does not mean they are shit in every other game.

This is just a crying thread of unskilled players who are incapable of adapting and want to feel safe when they play. Making the game better for everyone vs making the game easier for you are two different things.

i agree with all points but seeing as the enfield is to much of a common weapon i'm glad they nerved it from instakill to 2/3shot

you think realistic. How many sniper rifles are there in a Platoon of soldiers on patrol. Platoon may be 32 soldiers excluding SGT's and PL comanders. not one of them will have a sniper rifle in a company. tehre should be maybe 3 sniper rifles on one server at a time or per clan

moronic. Try to tell me this kind of ratio exists among civilian weapons? And militaries equip their soldiers as such because millions and millions of sniper rifles dont suit the environment they work in and cost a lof of money. Neither of those things are the case in dayz. It's not just some arbitrary magic limit on these weapons. You're arguing to nerf scoped rifles as a balancing measure, the only way you can reference reality in support of this is by referencing an instance of reality doing it for "balancing"

scoped rifles inherently balance the shit out of the game by penalising people who are too trusting, rush into things, or are unobservant. The game isnt about guns, it's about tactical awareness.

Aside from this, by my observation the "sniper" rifles are already vastly less common than the assault rifles. You see more of them around because people are more likely to cling to them once they have them... Use some logic

Edited by HarryO)))