Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Should bikes be more common? (Devs, take heed of this thread for future patch reference)

Bikes  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should bikes be more common in DayZ?

• Yes, they should be, there should be TONS like in real life
    • Yes, they should be, but there should be a limit around 10 or 15
    • No, leave as is

i think that bikes should never be a rarity in zombies movies/games/stories. because if you go to a town IRL, you'll find several. so, why not have them in cherno/elektro? maybe one or two out in the inland cities, but have most on the coast? a grand total of five is a little ridiculous for a 15x15km section of civilization.

i personally think that there should be 10-15, because that way they aren't rare, but they aren't so common that everyone has one. i don't like the idea of a bunch, because then everyone's on one. it's cool, because of the visibility downside, but having so many makes it not as amusing to own them, because everyone has one. but! bikes are fun anyway.

BONUS: i also think an interesting idea to add in dayz would be a locking system. as a counter to this, they could implement a lockpick. people could also lock cars and bikes. Not buildings. too many people would lock up the good loot spawns and farm it. but it would add a little more realism to the game.

So why did i throw in that bonus? because if you go into town IRL, it's likely that 95% of the bikes are on bike locks. so if a locking system was in dayz, then you could stop your car from being jacked (if the thief doesn't shoot out the window/reach through the window because you didn't put windscreen glass on it. also, car alarms would be interesting, too.) also, if you lock up your bike, it would be server-bound and only someone with a lockpick could open the lock and take it. this would make vehicles last longer than they do, because someone usually ends up taking your car after a few minutes, anyway.

enough rambling. should bikes be more common in dayz? vote!

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I voted for tons, because it would promote the greatest dayZ minigame ever, Bike Jousting.

• Like 3

Often when you find things when they are not too common. It really excites you and you are happy to have it.

If there were more added. They'd lose that feelings of, "Sweet! a bike! I don't see these that often."

Too, "Damn. I died. Time to get ym gear and go grab another shitty bike and hope for a actual vehicle."

So I would go towards a little more of no thanks. I'd like it to stay the way it is.

=)

I voted tons because I'm growing tired of "Hiking Simulator".

I would also like to see different types of bikes. Would be great to see a sniper in a ghillie suit, carrying a .50 cal, riding a little pink bike with streamers.

• Like 1

Bikes are a little "overpowered", i think they should add more bikes but they should be slower.

(Many more bikes)

I don't think lockpicks would make a good idea for countering locks as not everyone in real life happen to have lockpicking skills. Also, if you can just shoot out the glass to open the door anyway, you might as well just shoot the window open, get in and drive off ASAP. Don't think locking will do much. More bikes, however, yes. 10-15 is too few, IMO. In my city, which is about twice as big as Cherno, our popular intersections usually get 8k+ bikes to bike through. Some bikes are counted twice, of course, but there's THOUSANDS of bikes in my city. I wouldn't want there to be tons as it is here in RL, but 5-10 per large city wouldn't be a shabby idea, IMO.

Bikes are a little "overpowered", i think they should add more bikes but they should be slower.

(Many more bikes)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I also don't think bikes should break so easily. I crashed my bikes into all kinds of shit when I was a kid and still was able to ride home.

• Like 1

I also don't think bikes should break so easily. I crashed my bikes into all kinds of shit when I was a kid and still was able to ride home.

i've never had a bike in this game; are they really that fragile?

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I voted for tons, because it would promote the greatest dayZ minigame ever, Bike Jousting.

(Many more bikes)

These.

I think there should be a bike at every barn or stable. Farms always have bikes irl.

I think there should be a bike at every barn or stable. Farms always have bikes irl.

they do?

If bikes were more common shit like this wouldn't be amazing.

u

Was that a Power Point presentation? :blink:

Edited by BlksnshN

Exactly it would remove that feeling of finding something rare IMO.

which is why i would want there to be more than five, but not a million.