mikeasic

Why are people playing this?

I am really confused I never can find a weapon these zombies are all runing 4 sec 40's and I havnt seen 1 player in 4 hrs not to mention no way to general chat I wish i could get my money back or they had some type of explanation on wtf to do. Controls are prob the worst in any game I played and my map function never works have no clue where I am or where to go.

Hey there,

first: you paid for Arma 2 not for the mod.

second: omg its a game which is difficult?

third: there a no tutorials? try arma 2 boot camp

fourth: no other players? you are the lucky one

fifth and last: to keep this clear - Dayz is no freaking MW2, with thousands of tutorials and items served in front of your face - its a difficult game that wont wait for you to do something. It will kill you instantly if you fail!

i saw how much fun it looked form ign adn gamespot so i paid 29.99 for arma to play this crap doesnt look like anything in the videos.

Lol. Blaming DayZ for the ArmA controls?

Look around the forums, look around the Wiki. If you suck at a game, it doesn't mean it's bad.

• Like 3

I find it fun. Get your money back?.....you bought into a MIL. SIM THE GAME. then installed a Mod in alpha stage..........on top of the game.

Play it more....this doesn't hold your hand, shove "rewards" down your throat. Give you unlocks for just "playing"

THis game is to make you frustrated, anxiety, and leave it to you to find your way about.

Like I said I find it FUN, lots of fun.

Hm, with your attitude you should know that we are all more inclined to troll you than to help you. Why not come on here and ask for some advice? I never would've made it past a few days of playing if I didn't come here and ask for advice, continuously look up tutorials, and aggressively try to figure this game out.

Its a sandbox game. That means the onus will be on you to make your own quest, to figure out how to do things for yourself, and to deliver the fun.

If you can't then this really isn't the game for you.

• Like 1

cant do shit if u cant get an item 4hrs wandering around and best i can find is wood w/e i am done with this and this community lol lack there of

let me make a quick plan for you here.

Don't buy a game before researching.

Don't buy a game SOLELY for the mod, you will be angry if you don't like the mod.

read the controls, you get used to them.

You DONT want to meet other players, they will most likely shoot you.

You are not looking the right places for weapons, look in military places or in deer stands.

You don't have a map by default, you need to find one.

SNEAK by the zombies.

Dude, if you didn't know how the game worked, then why did you buy it? this is an ALPHA mod, it's not a game in itself, and it will have TONS of bugs and problems.

cant do shit if u cant get an item 4hrs wandering around and best i can find is wood w/e i am done with this and this community lol lack there of

Okay. Goodbye. :)

• Like 2

You know, fellas... I think he didn't bother reading the DayZ requirements, so he might have missed the last one;

Requirements:

• ArmA II: Combined Operations
  • DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
  • Balls

• Like 6

This isn't a fast paced game.

Its about survival.

Videos are edited for the viewers entertainment.

Why would they leave in the parts that are the lulls of action and such. That's going to bore someone.

Should of looked into what the MOD was really about before getting it.

Sorry you are disappointed with it.

You can return back to CoD now.

i saw how much fun it looked form ign adn gamespot so i paid 29.99 for arma to play this crap doesnt look like anything in the videos.

Dude, it looks EXACTLY like the IGN and Gamespot videos, differance being that they played on other people accounts that were already played on, and they had probably played for multiple hours, days or weeks like the rest of us.

This game/mod is not going to hold your hand and give you items for free or for not doing anything, read the forums, watch videos, and get the single idea out of your head that tells you that you deserve anything in the game, because you are going to die, and you are going to die A LOT. If you go to the frontpage and see the average life span of people, theres a reason it is that short.

You know I had something wrote out with info, but after catching the replies and the responses. What's the point? I will say this I bought the game for dayz, but in fact I like the arma game as well.

If you have heard about this game you should know its difficult. Just about everyone recommends you view/read one or preferably several of the MANY tutorials available online. I took a few hours and watched many DayZ videos and read the wiki a bit before I started and I have had no issue with the game (outside alpha bugs and hackers which is to be expected). This game is meant to be difficult, if you don't feel like putting in the time then fine there are many other great games out there. And for the love of god the mod is free, you paid for Arma2 not DayZ (DayZ is free), if you don't like Arma2 which is what you paid for you can visit those forums.

If you care to learn a bit before your next trip into cherno here's some links.

- Inventory guide

- more basics

I found these in about 15 seconds, there are tons more. Really a little prep goes such a long way...

• Like 4

In order to answer your question where to find weapons really quick. There are many common ways...

Non-roleplay variant: Know where you spawned (look at the lower right corner) tab out and have a look at some of the dozens interactive "where to find barns/dear stands maps". Works perfect if you have spawned west of Cherno.

Usain-Bolt variant: Just run straight into Cherno/Elektro Supermarkets/Churches/Fire Station. Forget about crawling or sneeking. Get killed or loot massive Weapons/Ammo in a few minutes.

Im-so-pro variant: Do the Usain-Bolt variant on some very low populated server and do the server switch dance.

• Like 1

Google dayzmap, orientate yourself, go to fire stations, churches, supermarkets and military areas.

profit

• Like 2

fourth: no other players? you are the lucky one

Aint that the truth. Whiny noobs is THE reason to find a sniper rifle.

• Like 1

obvious troll is obvious... feed him some more..

There's a pretty steep learning curve to this game, agreed. My advice is ask in the new player forum and check out youtube tutorials. Plus don't feed the trolls... they bite

• Like 1

I'm tired of reading these posts. so im just going to say l2p.