Grufftech

Distressed Admin -- Tired 24/7 Hacker attacks.

The screenshot functionality could be easily implented, but BE is designed to have close to zero impact on performance and network load. Other reasons see my post above.

You can also add you own custom checks for BE as mentoied here: http://forums.bistud...r-server-admins <- similar to the PunkBuster CVAR Check

And one thing why I prefer BattlEye in Arma: Public cheats get detected extremely fast. Maybe you've read about the BE bypass released to public yesterday? It's detected already. PB usually needs a few days or sometimes up to a week to do that job (since they also have 20 other games to support - and Battlefield 3 for example does not have many less cheaters).

I've seen that and lambasted it already. It is no way like PB CVAR checks, for a start you're scanning on script command names... it looks like a direct answer to a cheat I've seen recently on the web. Unless you can grab the MD5 for the file, your essentially saying ooh shouldn't do that - kick - cheater renames script command - comes back on, fruitless. You're blocking the script not the cheat file.

Public cheats always get detected fast and in answer to your BF3 line at those admins can implement PB custom checks and screenshots!

I've seen that and lambasted it already. It is no way like PB CVAR checks, for a start you're scanning on script command names... it looks like a direct answer to a cheat I've seen recently on the web. Unless you can grab the MD5 for the file, your essentially saying ooh shouldn't do that - kick - cheater renames script command - comes back on, fruitless. You're blocking the script not the cheat file.

Public cheats always get detected fast and in answer to your BF3 line at those admins can implement PB custom checks and screenshots!

It is not neccessary to have an MD5 check since these are most likely detected after 1 day (or less) anyway. Scripting is the way the Real Virtuality Engine works. You can't just rename a script command... it's always the same one. Only the way the Anti-Cheats (In this case the Script detecion) are bypassed is different in most cases.

And how can Admins implent custom checks in BF3? Sure the screenshots can be useful for some public cheat without PBSS Blocker/cleaner until it's detected, but BF3 has one of the worst PB integrations, you can't even take sshots somewhere else than the little center of the screen.

btw, BattlEye raised in Battlefield 2 in many leagues like the ESL because PB just didn't do the job as well as BE. Basicly BE was founded because PB wasn't good enough.... I think both PunkBuster and BattlEye are on a similar and good level, but I must say I prefer PB for first person shooters because all the PB features - which are good for other games - don't really make sense in Arma 2. But BE for example takes wayyyyy less resources which is really important in a Game like Arma 2.

We don't know how Arma 2 would look like with PB or something else unless Arma 2 had PB or something else. Let's cut it with that.

Edited by Nik21

Preaching to the choir, we have several admins on our server (that we pay for) and it's under constant hacking attack.

I ain't played this game long an haven't looked at the server files, but I did used to run a private server for a popular mmo. I feel for your current infestation and know how annoying it is. My equerry is, can you not rewrite some off the server side scripts an replace abused mechanics ( nuke n teleporting) thus rendering some hacks useless, or does the game run a crc on these?

It's not all BattlEye's fault. ARMA2 is designed to be script and it's designed to accept the game client's word/commands as valid, even in scenarios where what the game client is suggesting should be ignored.

You're right of course, but theres nothing stopping DayZ from having a custom BE server library that says NO YOUR FUCKING REMOTE CLIENT IS NOT SENDING ME VALID COMMANDS.

Just cause its the Arma engine doesn't mean you cannot completely deny all client level script commands that are not feature critical.

Edited by semipr0

I ain't played this game long an haven't looked at the server files, but I did used to run a private server for a popular mmo. I feel for your current infestation and know how annoying it is. My equerry is, can you not rewrite some off the server side scripts an replace abused mechanics ( nuke n teleporting) thus rendering some hacks useless, or does the game run a crc on these?

Admins are pretty gimped at the moment, we're basically running these servers with little benefit other than being able to make sure that we're playing without admin abuse.

You still have access to arma2 game scripts n files tho. I'll look into the server side of things over the next few days when I get a break from work so I can see what you admins can do to personally help your server if anything. But with arma2 itself being a pretty 'relaxed' client it could open the possibilities of culling this recent wave. I mean if your server has a modded nuke ie all damage removed, then when they try to hack n run a nuke it'll run fine but with the mod to the script it'll just cause no damage. Or am I getting this wrong an hackers can actually force script changes on a server.

I've only been playing on US124 for about a week and I've already run into four or five hacker instances.

Three times I was suddenly given a whole new inventory. Another time I was teleported high into the air to fall to my death (lost my truck this way). The last time a truck was suddenly over where our truck used to be parked, but I don't know if this was a hack or just an oddity in the server (new color of truck, same style, middle of the woods).

Hopefully the hacking gets fixed somewhat soon. I have my doubt that the stand-alone will do any better, as I'm betting that the Anti-Cheat choice is built into the engine, and I don't imagine that they're suddenly choosing a new engine for the standalone.

It especially sucks because my friends and I are on opposite coasts of the US and love the 124-127 servers. :(

Edited by Choobeast