Nichols

Are different maps possible?

If so then why not release a map editor to the group and see what some of these talented people could come up with based on real world areas. It would be fun to have regions from all over the world on different servers. This way people can jump around all over the world and get a taste of different climates (which would effect eating and drinking rates of characters as well as body temps) and would allow some interaction other than the typical "post-Soviet" collapsed state.

The same as Ice and I think the current map is the developers of Arma 2's, so they would need it verified.

But since DayZ is the reason most people buy Arma 2, I wouldn't doubt if they would aprove a new map :)

The mod is modular so it will work on any of the many BI maps. It would be great to play Dayz on Everon, but if you never played Arma or Ofp you dont know what im talking about. Chernarus is a mediocre map at best.

• Like 1

It would be difficult to have all of the character information stored and transferred. If you wanted to play in two locations you'd have two characters active.

• Like 1

It would be difficult to have all of the character information stored and transferred. If you wanted to play in two locations you'd have two characters active.

Good point i don't think this would even work and i prefer rockets team to make the perfect Day Z map.

If the maps can be generated easily or the dayz mod ported over to other existing maps easily I don't think it would effect your characters placement at all. Kind of the same thing when you play other mods in other games right? If you are in one mod of ARMA and want to do another mod I wouldn't think that you need to adjust your characters at all.

If the maps can be generated easily or the dayz mod ported over to other existing maps easily I don't think it would effect your characters placement at all. Kind of the same thing when you play other mods in other games right? If you are in one mod of ARMA and want to do another mod I wouldn't think that you need to adjust your characters at all.

I don't think you thought that through. I go to my camp in Chernarus, log out. Log into a different server, with a different map. Where is the character data stored to locate me? It would have my X,Y coordinates from Chernarus. Now a badly programmed game or mod would just spawn me in those coordinates, which would cause a LOT of debug spawns, corrupted data and such. Not to mention your not EXACTLY sure where you will spawn, its a different map, you will be in a completely different area. And it allows abuse of using certain maps (that may have more cities, higher density of looting areas etc.) to get easy loot, hop over to Chernarus where your out in the wild, and survive.

IF the game ever has multiple maps at the same time, im almost certain the solution would be multiple characters. And that is not gonna come anytime soon, as the central server would need to be a lot more powerful.

• Like 1

and that would double data transfer and storage for dayz main server, which would be a big pain in the ass for them, unfortunately. this will definitly have to wait at least until the stand alone comes, and if that doesnt happen, then at least untill dayz is no longer merely in alpha

The mod is modular so it will work on any of the many BI maps. It would be great to play Dayz on Everon, but if you never played Arma or Ofp you dont know what im talking about. Chernarus is a mediocre map at best.

Chernarus is a amazing map and i think part of the reason that draws people in. Their artists did and amazing job.