zalman

Why does this game punich you for going OFFLINE?!

Remove draining hunger, thirst/getting cold when OFFLINE!

Whats the point of this "feature"? I have Never ever never played a game where you get punished for going offline.

The game is brutal enough with the Violent Bloody Horror Murder Sadistic Gory Painful Deathly Kill Extremely Terror Gruesome Brutal Zombies, and now all i do at school is thinking about my character not being safe.

Plz fix pretty please Rocket

I was enjoying the game but rocket didn't like that, the evil architect of hell that he is.

No of fence to Rocket

Only one about the draining hunger/thirst, this one is about the game puniching you for beaing offline, changed topic to not tget thread locked

edit: also, this is the only game to do that, why? this gives the thread a decisive purpose and discussion paper

lol you are quoting me in your sig :D

anyway, I agree with you, its is kinda funny that game is punishing you when you are offline, I logged out 5-6 days ago near the sea at berezino and havent played since, Im now afraid to log in cause im probably sick and suffering from hypothermia, hungry and thirsty. :)

Drop out of school, quit your job. Take great measures to provide safety in a zombie apocalypse.

2. ???

3. profit!!

exactly! only homeless people with no jobs can play this game. its not just and fair.

I still believe in a "resting" system like in wow would work great in this game, the more humanity you have the more well rested you are when you logg in, a realistic explanation for bandits not getting any rest is because they have Posttraumatic stress disorder, both the one person playing and the character as-well

Accept the fact that you are all DOOMED. Not even going off line will protect you from suffering the ultimate fate in DayZ. Remember that this is NOT intended to be an "MMO" where your character can survive for weeks or even months. Want to stay alive and relatively healthy a *little* bit longer than the average? Play the game. You will die regardless.

It's about priority. Why should we be punnished for other players fooling around with women and wasting their time holding a steady jobs.

I logged back in after a 4 day break and found that my character had traded most of his beans and ammo and wasted it' date=' the rest he spent on hookers and cocaine.

[/quote']

I love the thought that when you log off your character not only continues living, but also acts like a total maniac.

Before you log out make sure you have food' date=' water, matches, and wood ready for when you log in. It's pretty easy to get over.

[/quote']

you cant always plan when to log off, thats the problem, sometimes i have just used up all my food, water, matches, and wood and is about to get some new but then real life happens, i have to log out and come back a week later, cold and starving in the woods and i frekeen die.

(04-30-2012 01:01 AM) rocket Wrote:

DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations.

The problem I have with this mechanic is that it does not always work. I have had multiple occasions of eating food/drinking, changing servers, and still being starving/thirsty. In all cases the food/drink I consumed is missing from my inventory, but I still have the negative statuses. It's something that needs a little more tinkering, but as long as you don't die while offline I would be happy with a bug free mechanic like this. It just means you need to have some food on you at all times.

you cant always have food at all time, the feature is just stupid.

you cant always have food at all time' date=' the feature is just stupid.

[/quote']

Obviously you aren't preparing. Scavenge more if you are scared of running out. This issue is simply solved with not being bad at the game.

I don't think hunger and thirst is too much of a problem at the moment. So long as you can't actually die while offline I'm happy; it's not that hard to make it a habit to always keep a can of beans and a water bottle in your backpack.

Accept the fact that you are all DOOMED. Not even going off line will protect you from suffering the ultimate fate in DayZ. Remember that this is NOT intended to be an "MMO" where your character can survive for weeks or even months. Want to stay alive and relatively healthy a *little* bit longer than the average? Play the game. You will die regardless.

Looking at the bigger picture, the overall experience would be enriched by not having to worry about logging back in, because, after all, this is a game and we can't be expected to baby sit the computer. If this was a facebook game then I can understand.

You balance accessibility with game mechanics. The stakes are already high as they are. I know when I sit down after taking a break from this game, I want to continue with my journey where I left off(currently sick and freezing with no matches and 4 bundles of wood)

this is just taking control away from the player.

You won't have to worry if you think about your actions during the game. If you find 2 beans, you need to question, will I be logging out soon and need these? Should I take them just in case I can't find anymore? This whole discussion is solved by smarter play by the PLAYERS, not removal of a system, that is easily tackled by the players.

I cant always know when i have to logg out. and thats not the problem, the problem is the feature itself, even if i wasn't affected by it i would still hate it.

the game is not fun cause of it

I cant always know when i have to logg out. and thats not the problem' date=' the problem is the feature itself, even if i wasn't affected by it i would still hate it.

[/quote']

That's why I'm saying you need to be more prepared, but you can't seem to comprehend that. Prepare for the UNKNOWN. You don't know when you are going to log off, so always make sure you have an extra meat and water in your pack. You also don't need to eat/drink until the icons are flashing, you may be wasting food if you eat every time it gets orange.

You won't have to worry if you think about your actions during the game. If you find 2 beans' date=' you need to question, will I be logging out soon and need these? Should I take them just in case I can't find anymore? This whole discussion is solved by smarter play by the PLAYERS, not removal of a system, that is easily tackled by the players.

[/quote']

So I suddenly have to horde food and water if I wont have time to play for a number of days?

I understand death is always waiting for me, but this game becomes nearly inaccessible to me if I only have every other day to play.