r.i.p. zombie survival game...you have officially turned into a pvp shooter

Not really, I've teamed up with plenty of people in a chance to survive without anyone trying to shoot eachother. Yeah, there's a ton of bandits but I don't see the issue with that... find a couple of like-minded people and take them out. It's a sandbox game, play it as such.

A great man once created a phrase which perfectly describes this situation.

"Get up.. Man up... shut up and reload."

I personally have fun going around in a group of players, we kill anyone we meet but that's precautionary and we don't really stand to gain anything by letting them get close enough to kill us.

Cherno = deathmatch.

I lived for 8 days and only saw 2 people besides that of my clanmates.

Seriously.

1. Enter game

2. Turn with back to water

3. Run for 30 minutes

Doing all 3 steps decreases your chance of death by probably 75%.

• Like 1

QQ you noobie :D I bet you are some morale officer who wants peace and teams up with everybody only to get shot haha.

It is ALWAYS 100% your own fault if you die. Not 99%, not 98%, just 100%

Those who complain of being killed a lot I BET 95% of the time are in the large cities or at the airport.

They are an attraction, of course your gonna run into people who will kill you...

All the times ive been killed have been in those locations, never in the smaller towns( found many friendlies there) and the wilderness.

yeah it really is a deathmatch. zombies don't pose enough of a threat, and you're not likely to die from natural causes because supplies are so abundant.

Why, it's almost as if people are selfish assholes when faced with a crisis. Who'd have thought!?

Welcome to DayZ. To your right are people who are allowed to shoot because PvP will never be removed, and to your left is bandits who want to shoot you for your beans.

Theres going to be a lot of people who shoot you for no good reason. It happens.

The only time that I have been killed by a player was (genuine) friendly fire and I can go for hours without even seeing anyone.

Avoid the starting towns, you don't need anything in them and they are deathtraps. Hunt inland taking care to avoid the open areas around Stary Sobor and the airfields (the NE one is usually fairly safe though) and you will have a good long life before you eventually get killed by a bug.

Just got killed and with tears in your eyes you now feel like you have to bash on the game because you can't handle it? That's classy. At least write some constructive criticism when you feel the need to whine. Also i completely disagree.

I haven't played in a couple weeks because of the issues with the zombie survival aspect of this game.

I see the potential that this mod has, but also realize that there are some problems that will need to be resolved before the game/mod has replayability and uniqueness.

I know this is alpha, and so I come back to the forums to see how things are progressing and will play again if the game starts tapping its potential.

But, anyway, I think the cause of all the PvP threads is a problem in the concept of the game itself.

I understand PvP is a part of the game and that lends to its unique position to create something new, however, PvP being the end all goal of a game is not unique, and Arma is not the best engine to turn into this type of game anyway. Thus, a big picture game issue that needs to be answered by someone is "what kind of game are we making," or maybe "what do we want to create that will be unique and make people want to keep playing for long periods of time."

The zombie survival aspect of the game is what created the initial hype and interest in this mod. However, peel away the few zombies roaming around, and like the OP says, its an Arma deathmatch mod with some bells and whistles like hunger and sickness.

A possible solution is more persistence and the ability to build (some people mention crafting) so that the work one puts into the game in one day carries over to the next. Right now you can get supplies, but once you have the guns and food, there is no incentive to build anything for tomorrow.

This would lead to a more MMO type game. Idk if thats what the developers are going for or not, but that is one of several paths. In any event, I do not think (my opinion) that adding sickness and things like that are enough to make up for a lack of goals, self created or not, in the game. I say self-created because people will say its a sandbox, make your own goals. That is fine, but the sandbox needs sand and my castle needs to still be there tomorrow, or else why do I spend all day building it?

I pointed out the same thing and I was called " troll " by an admin.

Funny shit.

I hope they realize soon what direction dayz's gameplay is going to. The game is ahead of its time. Perhaps too much.

Just read in side channel how 3 strangers managed to loot the NV Airfield, without shooting eachother. Meet another guy in a market and we looted the place, not everyone is a playerkiller by far.

Just read in side channel how 3 strangers managed to loot the NV Airfield' date=' without shooting eachother. Meet another guy in a market and we looted the place, not everyone is a playerkiller by far.

[/quote']

But here's the question: Did they realize that there is no such thing as a bandit anymore?

A possible solution is more persistence and the ability to build (some people mention crafting) so that the work one puts into the game in one day carries over to the next.

The idea of crafting an 81mm mortar tube sounds very exciting.

The QQ'ing in result of letting a few HE shells fall on Elektro might be too much to bear, however.

Sigh

This game is only "deathmatch" if you continue to hang out on the coast.

EVERYONE complaining about bandits hangs out on the coast, dies, and then tries to blame bandits.

Get OFF THE COAST. The cost is where all the noobs hang out to pvp each other. If you leave the coast and go inland, you will not have this "deathmatch" experience anymore

Really annoying , u can't even switch music without getting killed , i was in a bush and somebody followed me probably 1 or 2 hours , when i came back i was dead , so fucking annoying.

PVP in this game is not a secondary feature.

Stop fucking crying and keep firing.

I like this discussions its always the same. You say: "I hate this stupid shoot-on-sight, not the pvp." and sombody pretty badass comes his way:

"LoL noob got killed and is crying, cos he lost his gear" Mate I dont care about the freakin gear, it takes a halfway skilled survivor 2h to completely gear-up, but it is boring as shit to just shoot anyone on sight, instead of at least trying to make some contact.

Shoot on site is justified.

I don't want non responsive survivors with guns to point the barrel at my head.

If someone tries to communicate - things change.

Wow, this thread already? So early in the morning. I haven't even had all of my coffee yet.

yeah it really is a deathmatch. zombies don't pose enough of a threat, and you're not likely to die from natural causes because supplies are so abundant.

Only 16.7% of player deaths are related to PvP. The rest - 83.3% - are from zombies or natural causes. These stats do not include respawns for better position.

So reality does not reflect your claims.

Really annoying , u can't even switch music without getting killed

Worry not. rocket has said that he plans to add a "musical alteration shield" that will surround you in glowing blue light whenever you go to "change your music" mid game. You will be invulnerable to gunfire and your friends will see the name of the album you are selecting displayed above your head.