Sign in to follow this  
sirjecht

Game to difficult for new players?

I recently got this game after watching many youtube videos on how great this game is. It took me a very long time to set it all up and when I finally got to play I die. Respawn then I die again.

Now before any of you vteran players who say you suck L2Play, thats what I want. I would like to learn how to play however the game just seems way to difficult for new players. It seems zombies can detect you from ages away. Sometimes you will be only in LOS of a town and all of a sudden here comes a zombie running out of nowhere chasing you.

It just so hard to learn how to play the game when if you don't know how to play your just screwed. You have no weapon, no food and drink. Any new player guide says go inland. By the time you get far enough in and find a place to loot your almost dead from not consuming anything. Then you still have to try to sneak past zombies.

The point of this thread is just to ask, is this deliberate. Is the player base meant to only be made up of those that can withstand this harsh game-play. I have seen lots of people comment how to changes made to survivability and just want to know is this going to become better with alpha progress.

Thanks for reading, please don't flame i'm not the best gamer, just someone who wants to have fun.

Think - it's the best advice. Think about what you did wrong and what you could've done better.

If you have trouble orienting, read where the game puts you and look up the nearest city on dayzdb map.

If you have trouble with commands, google it, or play the boot camp.

Yup... its got a steep learning curve. Time in the game is really all it takes, that and having a buddy with you helps alot. Its difficult but its just a matter of time before you have some sweet gear and you are presented with the decision to be a good guy, or bad guy....

When you finally get the hang of it, you will feel so much better. Challenges is what makes this game fun. No guardian angel sitting on your shoulder telling you what to do and what not. You have to take chances, and learn from your mistakes.

You're going to die. A lot. Look for lower pop servers. Get to a grocery store (sometimes you'll find most of your basic needs there). If you travel through buildings with a front and back door you can LoS the infected. Eat/Drink when flashing. Find morphine. Always keep bandages on you. unless you have friends, don't bother with blood bags or epinephrine.

It's supposed to be hard, it's supposed to evoke emotions. People originally started with weapons and never made it off the beach, they just stood there kill each other at spawn. It's a hard learning curve, but once you get it, the survival becomes a lot easier.

Edited by Ghoulina

I recently got this game after watching many youtube videos on how great this game is. It took me a very long time to set it all up and when I finally got to play I die. Respawn then I die again.

Now before any of you vteran players who say you suck L2Play, thats what I want. I would like to learn how to play however the game just seems way to difficult for new players. It seems zombies can detect you from ages away. Sometimes you will be only in LOS of a town and all of a sudden here comes a zombie running out of nowhere chasing you.

It just so hard to learn how to play the game when if you don't know how to play your just screwed. You have no weapon, no food and drink. Any new player guide says go inland. By the time you get far enough in and find a place to loot your almost dead from not consuming anything. Then you still have to try to sneak past zombies.

The point of this thread is just to ask, is this deliberate. Is the player base meant to only be made up of those that can withstand this harsh game-play. I have seen lots of people comment how to changes made to survivability and just want to know is this going to become better with alpha progress.

Thanks for reading, please don't flame i'm not the best gamer, just someone who wants to have fun.

The game is hard for new players and hard because you dont have a weapon when you spawn. I have gone an hour before without finding a weapon. Your best method for avoiding death when you first start is to run fast and go into buildings when a zombie is chasing you. The zombies cant run when inside. This will allow you to lose them without being player killed. Find a gun, map, food and water and head north to get better equiped with weapons. Staying in Electra or cherno will get you player killed very quickly

got the game a week a go, i still suck it took me 3-4 days to get the basics (where the good loot is and how to escape zombies, etc).

i am doing my best, the game is really hard but once you get a gun it gets much easyer. All i can say is do not give up and sneak around by crawling not crouching(you may crouch but you will have to learn witch buildings you can enter and escape them).

as i said do not give up.

Yup... its got a steep learning curve. Time in the game is really all it takes, that and having a buddy with you helps alot. Its difficult but its just a matter of time before you have some sweet gear and you are presented with the decision to be a good guy, or bad guy....

I tried being the good guy today. I found an AK with a kobra sight and 3 mags in the fire station at elecktra. I ran in the church and there was an unarmed guy who yelled friendly please dont kill me. I let him live. I said dont worry Im friendly too. I heard gun shots out front of the church so I turned and watched the doorway for about 20 seconds. The little punk must have found a revolver in the church because he came up from behind and blasted me in the back of the head. Lol. I was pissed. I ended up making it back to the church and he was dead so I was able to get my weapon back. After that I murdered 3 poor bastards that didnt have a weapon and 1 guy with an enfield

basicly you have to just accept your going to die ALOt at first until you start to figure things out..

if you cant accept dieing, your gunna burn out and uninstall..

i just about did..then i did more research and watched ABUNCH of youtube vids..

while i still suck, at least now i know i suck, hahaha

Edited by Siberian

I dont think its too hard tbh, my first life i survived after about 6 hours (which is pretty good for me) and found an Scoped FAL and 50 cal sniper at a helo site along the way.

It's all about practice and learning small things every day, in 2-3 days I learned the way zombies move, how close you can get to them before getting detected and how to remain undetected by zombies and loads of other stuff to help me survive. Of course you're gonna die in your first life everyone does you just need to learn from your mistakes and keep getting up you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Really mate its all about taking your time. Am brand new to pc and really only got a pc for this mod. (sad but worth it) a found it quite easy. How ever other players seam to rape me when it comes to a gun fight, not botherd seen as am a new pc gamer.

My advise is try and get your self a team mate