Sign in to follow this  
tweenprincess

FOOD!?

I am loving this mod, despite its alpha status, taking each play session at its face value. I have had some multi hour horrible sessions, but the few good runs ive had have more than made up for it. The one thing that is really pissing me off, is the lack of food! In my week of playing, i have yet to find a single food item. Residential housing seems to be the hardest to find buildings that you can salvage, and the few ive found have been packed to the brim with chem lights and empty cans. Now I respect the dificulty of surviving this game, but I feel that the food issue defies the realism intended with this mod.

--One thought I have had to rectify this, would be to make the hunger / thirst mechanic fall more in line with the 24 hour day / night cycle. It seems that I need to eat every 3-4 hours or begin losing blood. This does not make much sense in a real life simulation, when a human can go far longer before death. Also, the animals could be a great source of food, but they are as rare as the food loots. Foragable food items would also help a ton, and would add depth to the vast empty wilderness in the game. I would love to see some characters in the woods trying to live peacefully gathering foods and hunting. Also, you could add a survival element to the berries, or what not, by adding some that are poisonous, making people learn which berries would good to eat and which are not.

Edited by tweenprincess
  • Like 4

You are right, but you may want to have this in the Suggestions forum.

The hunger dynamic certainly puts a new spin on the old FPS. I love it.

supermarkets are loaded with food. sounds like you run into loot spots just after someone else has raided it. check out the supermarkets every 10 minuets or so....

You are right, but you may want to have this in the Suggestions forum.

The hunger dynamic certainly puts a new spin on the old FPS. I love it.

Holy sh*t its not a FPS u kid.

There's a funny thing about food. When you're hungry, you can't find any. When you have enough, you find a lot. Having less need for food would be good for inventory space also. You could take 2 or 3 cans or pieces of meat and not worry about that for a day or two.

Seems like you've just had a desynch issue or been raiding right after someone has raided. Don't forget to check door stoops, and sheds in residential areas. They can also spawn sodas and food items. Your best bet is steak though, rabbits, chickens, goats, sheep, pigs and cows as they return the most blood per food item.

Edited by Ghoulina

I would love to eat these animals, but I have seen only 2 animals ever. One sheep out in the middle of nowhere, and a cow near a town. Are there good spots to find these creatures?