Sign in to follow this  
Haxii

Tracing Bullets

I was just wondering, does anyone here use any special methods of tracking down gunshots?

Action starts at 2:10

BTW, I WAS RUNNING INTO THE GREEN HILLS ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF TOWN BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE SNIPER WAS THERE.

I've had numerous encounters with snipers and they've all ended the same way. Me running around trying to look for them while I have bullets dancing on my feet. Since most people are horrible with aiming, I have no problem dodging the bullets, but if i ever want to go after the pricks I just can't seem to tell what direction the bullets come from. I can't even tell in the video where they came from. I'm assuming though it's on top of the hotel building from re watching it (also by the fact that a helicopter had landed on the roof).

Sorry for the buggy graphics btw. Just another spot where Arma goes crazy with the polygons.

Also..DID YOU NOTICE THE HOSPITAL?? I DIDN'T KNOW BUILDINGS COULD BLOW UP!!

Edited by Haxii

in your case it probably was from the factory roof

OMG who is that "Sniper" :huh:

you can blow up building with M107/AS50

Edited by DooM4MR

I'm not sitting through 11 minutes of your running like a spastic. Edit your post with times of events.

I'm not sitting through 11 minutes of your running like a spastic. Edit your post with times of events.

The whole point of the video is to show how helpless I was by the fact that I didn't know where the bullets came from. You don't need to watch the video to answer a noob's question.

This sure gave me a headache

well, if u have yur speakers installed correctly and change direction while the're shooting with non SD weapons, u shud be able to hear from what direction :)

Well I know when I was using my AS50, I wasn't anywhere NEAR being "in" the town I was "watching". They could be extremely far, and out of your sight. (*most likely are/were)

Anyway to tell which direction the shots are from though? What about debris scattered from the shot? Can I tell an angel from the way dirt was shot off from the bullets impact? Is there a way to tell an angel on the shot? Anything?

dunno if angels are to disclose such kind o info..

Hard to say, but from the sound I'd say, you were running away from him most of the time and than he was within 300 meters.

This sure gave me a headache

well, if u have yur speakers installed correctly and change direction while the're shooting with non SD weapons, u shud be able to hear from what direction :)

I use a headset. Even WITH the headset (mind you it's a decent one at that) It's never too clear. I am sometimes able to tell whether it's from the right or left but once I face that direction that's still a whole 180 degrees to scout out. And once I turn my head? Forget it, the sound has already surrounded both my ears and I'm completely confused as to where it came from. I can't really stand still to listen or I'll get shot.

Hard to say, but from the sound I'd say, you were running away from him most of the time and than he was within 300 meters.

Sound of the bullet impact? or sound of the distant gunshots? What if the gun is one of those loud ones? Couldn't that distort the distance for you when compared to a softer sounding gun that was much closer then 300m?

why on earth did you pick up all those bolts and not get the crossbow? also you know you have a backpack right l2 use it

Way to answer my question >_>

I like the snipers who shoot at moving targets. If my first shot misses I wait until they think they're safe and stand still for a second.

skimmed through the video seems like he was on factory roof with a cz, horrible sniper rifle for that distance. but i could be totally wrong....

I like the snipers who shoot at moving targets. If my first shot misses I wait until they think they're safe and stand still for a second.

Interesting information on a snipers way of thinking. Too bad that still doesn't help me track them from the bullets they shoot at me

skimmed through the video seems like he was on factory roof with a cz, horrible sniper rifle for that distance. but i could be totally wrong....

Well how did you come up with that? Was it the sound? Did you see a shadow?? What was the reasoning behind that conclusion.

Around 3:39 I'd say he was in front of you, and missing left and right.

That is way more information than you can ever hope to find out from the video. There's really no further teachable moments other than that. If it happens in-game again, run away from those glitches and put more distance between you and the sniper. You wouldn't teach him not to fire on you, since he will either kill you or run away before you find him and pistol him. Remember, you are dealing with someone who decided to fire on someone, unprovoked, from half a mile away. That's a market I'd recommend not buying into.