Is a sniper better off with a DMR or M107/AS50? I'm not talking about snipers sitting at NWAFB all day making 1Km+ shots. Im talking about loners or people roaming with a group.

DMR is compatible with NVG. M107/AS50 are not.

Also DMR magazines are much more common than the others.

So if your in a group and roaming, i'd say DMR.

M107/AS50 ALL THE WAY.

Of course if you play at night, the DMR is the only one that can be used with the NVG, but during the day, i'll trade my DMR to a M107/AS50 without even thinking twice.

It's not that hard to aim with the DMR using the mildots, but with the zeroing provided by the other two snipers everything is much easier.

Edited by Fenrig

DMR 2-shot kills people over distance, but it fires pretty rapidly and you can usually get the two shots needed to kill off in around a second. Ammo is a lot more common than the AS50/M107. You can use the NVG goggles with the DMR though.

AS50/M107 1-shot kills people and disables vehicles if you hit a vital part. They're extremely loud though so if you're not going for those long 1Km+ shots then you're gonna have to be ready for zombies. It's also a lot bigger than the DMR.

AS50/M107 however can zero in on targets, making sniping a lot easier. The DMR has two set zooms/zeros that you have to figure out as you use it.

You just have to choose which weapon suits your playstyle more.

Edited by Polkaman

I prefer the 50 cals. Not just because of the range, power and zeroing, but also because of their superior accuracy. In mid range fights the dmr is the winner though, but I use my assault rifle for those situations.

AS50 all day baby. I just hate the noise off the M107, it sounds like it's shooting out of a tin can. The DMR is nice, but I dunno, I go with the M14 for the inbetween.

EDIT: I will stand firm on the AS50, we took out a chopper with two (it's what they're designed for).

Edited by Ghoulina

DMR all day. Milidots are easy to adjust-to, zeroing is completely unnecessary, I can rifle-off 10-rounds quickly from 300meters out and breaks their legs in one hit if it doesn't kill them, but more than easy to follow-up with a second shot if they dont combat-log, and the ammunition is not scarce.

DMR is compatible with NVG. M107/AS50 are not.

Also DMR magazines are much more common than the others.

So if your in a group and roaming, i'd say DMR.

This.

And the DMR can shoot pretty fast, you don't have to wait some seconds to shoot again, unlike the AS50 or the M107. It has no zeroing tough, you have to work with the mildots. If you don't know how they work, hit up some vids on youtube or check the dayz wiki for it. It's not that hard! (:

From looking in camps, I see some m107/AS50 but never a DMR

From looking in camps, I see some m107/AS50 but never a DMR

I passed my 7th DMR during the week. I found an M4A3 CCO and have STANAGs falling out of my bag so FUCK the DMR. They're all over the place when I'm around. Try the deerstands? I've seen them most often in the North West Airfield Barracks, hangars and at deerstands. There's 4 deerstands in Balota airfield.

I personally prefer AS50, it has more stopping power and is quieter than DMR plus it's great at disabling vehicles. If it's night time in the server and I have nvg's then of course I would use DMR since it's the only sniper rifle compatible with nvg's though my favorite sniper rifle in dayz is SVD. :)

I personally prefer AS50, it has more stopping power and is quieter than DMR plus it's great at disabling vehicles. If it's night time in the server and I have nvg's then of course I would use DMR since it's the only sniper rifle compatible with nvg's though my favorite sniper rifle in dayz is SVD. :)

quieter than DMR?

Try very wrong.

http://www.dayzdb.co...apon-comparison

180m vs 455m

Edited by devious

I prefer hatchets. Up close and personal. :P

But back on topic. DMR.

So it's dayzwiki vs dayzdb.

Anyone care? The thread's about what a sniper is better off with not what you can copy-paste or who's got a faster Google hand or how many superfluous commas you can fit in to a shower.

DMR hands down. More ammo, more versatile, more common, attracts less deadz.

• Like 1

Anyone care? The thread's about what a sniper is better off with not what you can copy-paste or who's got a faster Google hand or how many superfluous commas you can fit in to a shower.

Yes I do care, I posted a link to dayz wiki to prove my point and if you don't like it then it's your problem. I have yet to see that DMR attracts less zeds than AS50, but than again I usually don't fire sniper rifles in the middle of a town so I might be wrong.

Edited by Killswitch

I roll with AS50 or M24, i dont't really like the DMR that much.

Sit down, it's a very valid discussion since the OP subject is comparing the two.

Two big community sites say different things, I think it's perfectly valid to find out who's right.

• Like 1

I think it's perfectly valid to find out who's right.

You think. That's your opinion. An opinion isn't right or wrong since it's just a point of view based on experience that can never be invalid or incorrect only subjective. Different people with different experiences will have different answers for the same question and neither will be right or wrong. So you're basically having a chicken-and-the-egg argument about realism in a simulation based on your experience with a web site?

You think. That's your opinion. An opinion isn't right or wrong since it's just a point of view based on experience that can never be invalid or incorrect only subjective. Different people with different experiences will have different answers for the same question and neither will be right or wrong. So you're basically having a chicken-and-the-egg argument about realism in a simulation based on your experience with a web site?

Do you even know what we are discussing?

We're discussing the actual audible range on the AS50 versus the DMR. An audible range on a weapon in videogame is a static number, and therefor a fact, the matter is that two big community sites provide different answers, I am wanting to find out which of the two answers is the right one.

Now jog on with ur silly font and stop derailing people discussing the actual topic.

Edited by devious
  • Like 3