MikeTupper

why do people complain about disconnecting?

I actually quit once when I was cornered in the NWAF (back when I first started)

I realized afterwards that I probably had a great vantage point to take them out when they tried to come in after me. (I was in the control tower)

After that I decided just to *always* let things play out no matter how one-sided they seemed, and I've managed some pretty bad ass multi-kills with just me vs. them.

I've had my fair share of times when I got my ass raped too, but it's way more satisfying than alt-f4'ing and having to feel like a pussy later.

Try it.. it's more fun when you get the crazy ass adrenaline rush. ;)

Guest cRy

OP and the people giving him beans should be banned. From the internet. You are piddly lil children and need a real life ass kicking.

Just saying.

You are the type of player Im talking about. Im pretty sure you have exploited the fuck out of this game. And now that you are geared and probably wouldnt be caught alone(even though fully geared) by yourself anywhere. You want to complain about this non-issue, IMO.

You are the type of player Im talking about. Im pretty sure you have exploited the fuck out of this game. And now that you are geared and probably wouldnt be caught alone(even though fully geared) by yourself anywhere. You want to complain about this non-issue, IMO.

If by "fully geared" you mean I have a gun and a backpack, then yes.

And guess what? I do play alone a lot of times.

Sure, I usually play with friends, but that's cause it makes DayZ so much better.

If you lack friends that play DayZ (or friends in general), don't whine that "it's not fair".

It's no more different than any other Multiplayer FPS where people can bring a couple of friends and dominate.

Edited by krtshv

its an exploit and ruins immersion, insta ban on my server.

banning people arbitrarily is a much more severe exploit.

And since its not possible to investigate the real life reasons why someone stopped playing a videogame (and would be none of your business either..) banning for DC is the same as banning someone because you dont like his nickname.

In pure deathmatch combat situations though which are not authentic anyways (because it just doesnt make any sense), I see no harm disconnecting if you are not into deathmatching. As the OP said, one dude got away, who cares.

Playing a casual videogame in a certain way in order to demonstrate your manliness and trying to enforce this onto others`on the forums is completely pathetic though. How old are people playing this game?

Like saying you want to play chess, but not allow your opponent to take your pieces. Everytime your opponent moves into position, you think it's ok to put your pieces into your pockets and or move them to a safe place on the board. That's not playing chess, that's being a baby.

Unlike him, you admitted you exploited once, you said: Disconnected 3 times, 2 times legit due to hackers.

banning people arbitrarily is a much more severe exploit.

Nope, wrong, it's legit. It's hard to prove, but not impossible.

Edited by Dallas

I never said anything about it not being "fair". I said bitching about someone disconnecting is retarded. How are they going to change it? Implement some type of logout timer? If they do this...then are they going to fix duping, hacks/scripts, server hopping? Because if they dont then the ones already with an obvious advantage are going to have an even bigger one. I dont d/c...I die, but its stupid to complain about this when there are alot of other issues to tackle.

Having the ability to just quit out when the cards don't fall in your favor is not just a bitch tactic it is clearly an exploit to keep your items and you can even re position onto another server and rejoin the server you were attacked on to gain an advantageous position over who ever you were fighting.

Having the ability to do either is just cowardly and manipulative, you can even use this feature to avoid zombie attacks making the whole idea of this game as a survival mod unfair and trivial for a exploitative player

Are we for serious here?

In reference to players=power, yes. ArmA and DayZ are no more different than any other FPS when it comes to having friends means you have an advantage.

In reference to players=power, yes. ArmA and DayZ are no more different than any other FPS when it comes to having friends means you have an advantage.

Tell that to the sniper in a hill that picks off 3-4 guys before he's spotted, or topically, before they all disconnect.

I won't disconnect when attacked legitimately, but if some hacking son of a whore teleports me you can bet your ass I'll be out of that game before I get killed.

There cannot be measures taken against disconnectors until the hacking is less rampant.