For the giant polygon bug going on right now try this tip from gamefoo:

Got those giant shards and artifacts making the game unplayable? Fix is here:

• Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile
  • Open file in Notepad
  • Search for “sceneComplexity=;”
  • Change to “sceneComplexity=100000;”
  • Save changes and exit.
  • Launch DayZ with preferred method.

Also you can make this tweak by setting “Object Detail” to “Very Low” (thx again to Szalent)

Edited by core.-

Such a waste of a lifeform.

For the giant polygon bug going on right now try this tip from gamefoo:

Got those giant shards and artifacts making the game unplayable? Fix is here:

• Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile
  • Open file in Notepad
  • Search for “sceneComplexity=;”
  • Change to “sceneComplexity=100000;”
  • Save changes and exit.
  • Launch DayZ with preferred method.

Also you can make this tweak by setting “Object Detail” to “Very Low” (thx again to Szalent)

Nah,I've tried all this:

Flush

Scenecomplexity

Randomly playing around with my video settings (seems like the only thing that works sometimes)

Change shadow value

Go into map, alt-tab, go out of map

Rebooting computer

Rebooting the game

Let steam search for missing files

Cant thinkof anything more, but I'm sure I did try some more things.

you dont release a game that cant be played, and then you patch it up to playable

Thats true. Just that rocket didn't release a game but is alpha testing a mod. How often does someone have to mention this, srsly?

That doesnt work at all...dont know why people keep posting this.

• Like 1

+1, Nothing works for me except sometimes changing my video settings, and that isn't permanent either

Meh worked for me.

Apologies to naaiz for skimming his post.

Meh worked for me.

Apologies to naaiz for skimming his post.

Np :) I just wanna play, I understand this game is in Alpha, but its just frustrating if you can't play :(

The wait is killing me, I can hardly go about killing players with these artefacts :(

I know I should be patient but PLEASE!

But seriously, is it delayed or..?

You better cool your entousiasm down.

It's an alpha patch, it may or may not even fix the artifacts & make everybody who has a military flashlight on their toolbelt turn into rabbits and explode for all that we know.

Well, if it works for some people, its still good to have the info here i guess...

But its a huge disadvantage for me ingame :)

• Like 1

Well, if it works for some people, its still good to have the info here i guess...

But its a huge disadvantage for me ingame :)

True, doesn't work for many people though, it might work for some :)

• Like 1

You better cool your entousiasm down.

It's an alpha patch, it may or may not even fix the artifacts & make everybody who has a military flashlight on their toolbelt turn into rabbits and explode for all that we know.

Isn't wasn't s serious post bro, it was a question. I realise this is in Alpha and all, it was a question. Jesus.

Another thing that helped was setting my memory to 2048 using the params.

I can usually run around for 6 hours before I have to use scenecomplexity to fix it.

But that being a said.. a restart also fixes it for me.(sometimes game restart, sometimes pc restart)

Edited by core.-

Another thing that helped was setting my memory to 2048 using the params.

I can usually run around for 6 hours before I have to use scenecomplexity to fix it.

But that being a said.. a restart also fixes it for me.(sometimes game restart, sometimes pc restart)

Didn't try that yet, will try ;L

Really he should be doing the usual method of fixes and patch releasing. Tell everyone it should be done say 8/5/12 and when he releases it on 8/2/12 he looks like a boss.

Thats true. Just that rocket didn't release a game but is alpha testing a mod. How often does someone have to mention this, srsly?

okay you need to find another hobby, trying to act smart and all thinking you know it all.

what i was implying to was DEV's RELEASING GAMES, like dice and all those developers, not rocket, not a mod, not an alpha, no nothing. srsly?-.-)

So what i was basically saying for narrow minded people was, Dev's dont release a game that is bugged or unplayable without working on a hotfix for the stuff that makes the game unplayable first, then they polish all the other shit that takes a longer time to fix, thats the way dice does as i was IMPLYING to that and if they dont, then thats the way they should.

If i was gonna write it for rocket it would go like this

"you dont fuck up a mod to the point where it becomes unplayable because of one little thing, then have a fix for it but wait untill all the other stuff that needs fixing is fixed aswell when that will take a longer time than just releasing a hotfix for this little glitch and concentrate on that first, after that is fixed you can move on to the polishing, thats the real use of patches and hotfixes, those two terms are starting to lose any purpose of mentioning.

its not patches right now, its bug releases, i know it will change but when? because this screwup with these glitches can only be caused by misscommunication between Rocket and BIS since i dont think rocket has touched those bodies causing the glitch, but nonetheless the error still lies with him, it takes 2 to tango and its his mod and he is responsible of getting stuff fixed, not the customers, and now the glitch has been going on for time that is unforgiven and i dont feel that the users are being respected."

Sometimes i wish i was a developer, unfortunately i only know the part of running the show, not building it.

So stop failing at knowing what people are talking about before you quote something -.-

Edited by Zyfer

Want a tip?

Don't look at something military.

Want a tip? Dont make useless posts.

• Like 4

okay you need to find another hobby, trying to act smart and all thinking you know it all.

what i was implying to was DEV's RELEASING GAMES, like dice and all those developers, not rocket, not a mod, not an alpha, no nothing. srsly?-.-)

So what i was basically saying for narrow minded people was, Dev's dont release a game that is bugged or unplayable without working on a hotfix for the stuff that makes the game unplayable first, then they polish all the other shit that takes a longer time to fix, thats the way dice does as i was IMPLYING to that and if they dont, then thats the way they should.

If i was gonna write it for rocket it would go like this

"you dont fuck up a mod to the point where it becomes unplayable because of one little thing, then have a fix for it but wait untill all the other stuff that needs fixing is fixed aswell when that will take a longer time than just releasing a hotfix for this little glitch and concentrate on that first, after that is fixed you can move on to the polishing, thats the real use of patches and hotfixes, those two terms are starting to lose any purpose of mentioning.

its not patches right now, its bug releases, i know it will change but when? because this screwup with these glitches can only be caused by misscommunication between Rocket and BIS since i dont think rocket has touched those bodies causing the glitch, but nonetheless the error still lies with him, it takes 2 to tango and its his mod and he is responsible of getting stuff fixed, not the customers, and now the glitch has been going on for time that is unforgiven and i dont feel that the users are being respected."

Sometimes i wish i was a developer, unfortunately i only know the part of running the show, not building it.

So stop failing at knowing what people are talking about before you quote something -.-

I must have totally missed your point. My apologies.

• Like 1