musicrab

Too many lone players?

All of my friends are shit and they can't hold this game. Plus I do better alone.

I like to play on my own due to the fact I don't trust anyone enough and I don't want someone slowing me down! Until I find someone I trust and moves at my pace I shall continue to play on my own.

id love to have a team mate to play with, but my login/logout times make it WAYYY to hard to combine with someone else, let alone find them..

besides i think playing solo makes the game slower and last longer..

i have to take less risk and go about my play session slower..

im liking it so far.

You guys who are only playing alone and shoot anyone on sight are missing a huge part of the game. Really, this game caters to group play, not that you can't survive alone, but you will die when you run into guys who are not alone. I play with guys I met in-game, you just have to have the balls and focus to call people out and speak to them. I do admit, I like to log in and play by myself at night sometimes, its pretty invigorating.

id love to have a team mate to play with, but my login/logout times make it WAYYY to hard to combine with someone else, let alone find them..

besides i think playing solo makes the game slower and last longer..

i have to take less risk and go about my play session slower..

im liking it so far.

Exactly. I have a couple of people to play with but loading times, coordination, spawn points are a huge factor for me at least. I have a limited amout of time to play at night so its hard to get this together with friends. I dont want to spend an hour to find a friend when I only have 2 hours to play.

Not requesting to change anything but maybe add stuff to help facilitate grouping with your friends better. Or make finding other survivors to play with a little easier.

Edited by opeth
  • Like 1

Exactly. I have a couple of people to play with but loading times, coordination, spawn points are a huge factor for me at least. I have a limited amout of time to play at night so its hard to get this together with friends. I dont want to spend an hour to find a friend when I only have 2 hours to play.

Not requesting to change anything but maybe add stuff to help facilitate grouping with your friends better. Or make finding other survivors to play with a little easier.

This is true. Often one might encounter a "loner" who is just trying to get a few KM away to meet a friend, before getting into any action. I can't count the times I have died en route to trying to meet someone.

I said it before and I will say it again that the solution is a lot of fuel-less non-savable respawning bicycles along the coast. Not just bikes.. they need rowing boats, kayaks, canoes (the models for which already exist so its not exactly heaps of work.) This way you can meet up with a friend when spawning without having to suicide-by-zed until you spawn close, or on the other hand run 6KM just to eventually be shot when you finally meet up.

• Like 1

I prefer soloing and I only play coop with my friends. I tried being nice for a few days and got shot in the back for my carebareness after an hour of playin with a random. So nope, people suck and I shoot on sight. wah

Truth. When your playtime is limited, trying to coordinate group play is difficult in any game. It's nice to have quickie solo options of play where you are only obligated to yourself.

In a game that's supposed to take place after a zombie apocalypse, where resources are scarce and the prospects look grim, that grouping up with strangers should be a carefully weighed decision. There's a potential to really thrive in a group. On the other hand, it may be in your best interest to just scrape by on your lonesome. It depends on trust.

25% solo population isn't bad at all.

I bought another copy of ArmA strictly so that I could play solo, in the night, with minimalist gear. My original account is used to partner up with my husband's character.

I'm finding it pretty fun. I'm going on my 3rd night (I think) in this life, (my second due to an unfortunate Cherno clock tower incident), using no weapon but a hatchet. I avoid other players like the plague. It's not that hard, though, considering gun-nuts tend to make a lot of noise wherever they are. I've gotten pretty good at playing Z-fetch. Empty cans and bottles have become one of my favorite things to carry.

I sincerely hope that having the ability to play alone remains a viable option in the standalone game.

Playing late at night, alone, with all the lights off and only the sounds from the game can get really creepy. I swear when you are in the woods alone in the dark the game generates the sound of someone following you. It can be seriously unnerving. Maybe someone actually is following me.

I bought another copy of ArmA strictly so that I could play solo, in the night, with minimalist gear. My original account is used to partner up with my husband's character.

I'm finding it pretty fun. I'm going on my 3rd night (I think) in this life, (my second due to an unfortunate Cherno clock tower incident), using no weapon but a hatchet. I avoid other players like the plague. It's not that hard, though, considering gun-nuts tend to make a lot of noise wherever they are. I've gotten pretty good at playing Z-fetch. Empty cans and bottles have become one of my favorite things to carry.

I sincerely hope that having the ability to play alone remains a viable option in the standalone game.

Playing late at night, alone, with all the lights off and only the sounds from the game can get really creepy. I swear when you are in the woods alone in the dark the game generates the sound of someone following you. It can be seriously unnerving. Maybe someone actually is following me.

I wish there weren't an abundance of NVGs and that we couldn't exploit the gamma-setting. I want to play without it, but I just can't ignore the fact that most other players can see me as though it were daytime. I miss scary nights...

I enjoy playing with friends, but I honestly play better alone. I end up using too many resources to help the group as a whole, and we get in trickier situations than if I were going along on my own.

Edited by Caz

I have not find someone skilled enough in tactical ways to accompany me.

Whoa! Watch out for this guy, people. He's a regular Billy Bad Ass!

I play with a group of other guys but I tend to lone scout. They may be off trying to repair a vehicle or searching for people camping spwans while I prefer roaming the map. If the action is intense in my area they will move to engage.

If a group action is required I form up, but running the map alone brings greater tension to the game. The risk of exploring is an absolute unknown and could make a simple mistake lethal. Is that treeline really safe? AM I being watched?

Everything I have is scrounged and brings satisfaction that you are a survivalist that can do it alone without using duped weapons.

From the current survey, 25% of respondents are lone players. One of the factors I'd consider to be crucial in the experiment's success is to see how many of those players Rocket can get to team-up.

Loads of multiplayer games have lone players, some people just like to play alone. Nothing wrong with that.

speaking of creepy sound effects. that godam chainlink fence being opened sound effect when im creeping around a house hiding from Zeds. just about fills.my shorts everytime..

lol@dayZ sound devs.. you get me everytime with that

I can only see the disadvantages out-weighing the advantages with playing with the average joe. In any game I'm always trying to drag someone up to speed while they're more successful in dragging me down to theirs. And I never die except in a futile attempt to save them. Saving them from something that would never have been a danger if they didn't keep taking my warning about going slow as hell for granted.

More fights, less loot. Infinitely more resposibility. Players that don't need to a retold the same thing every corner are like diamonds. And I neither feel like I'm stuck up or exaggerating for saying so.

I prefer to roll with a group if I can. But at the same time, trying to make new allies can be very dangerous. One second you think they're friendly, then as soon as you have your back to them, BANG. You're dead.

I tend to try to make new allies when I've just started out. But the more progress I make, the less willing I am to see if someone's friendly before pulling the trigger.

Prefer lone wolf. I feel better if my mistakes only kill me and I don't want to die due to someone else's stupidity either.

I will help someone for a short time against bandits or Z's and perhaps share some loot but I now sneak away at the first opportunity.

Any time I've stayed grouped has seen me get shot.. one way or the other.