Sign in to follow this  
chvz144

One thing that is ruining this mod

Alt F4, yes it has been talked over plenty of times but I don't see much happening with it..

I saw two guys looting military tents, I took a shot at one, bleeding they both ran into a tent, and logged....

My mate that I was with was having the Artifacing problem looking at the tents so could not cover/do anything, was waiting for him to fix that, moved position and 5mins later they had obviously changed server, healed up ran to a new position and come back behind me and killed me, my friend could see from another angle and took them out ( I know it was them because one had a Guille suit and the other was black).

Surely something simple could be added to stop people insta logging, why can't your body stay on the server for 10/20secs after you log / If you are bleeding out, you stay bleeding out? This would also work against Zeds. Or if you disconnect in combat, you cannot rejoin that server for an hour or something.

Yeah I died this isn't a rant because of that, I'm just getting tired of exploiting (Yes this is Alpha but isn't this a perfect time to test a method to stop it?)

• Like 4

Yes, Alt-F4 is the bane of this mod. I don't know why fixing it isn't Rocket's main priority. It should be easy, as you say, to force people to stay on the server if they Alt-F4.

Apparently it's not easy. How about you read patch notes to be aware of what is being done to prevent alt#f4?

#2 is lack of bean variety. How about some home style beans, maybe sweet beans, Hickory flavored beans, Pork n beans, Common Dev's!

• Like 3

Atm the only thing stopping Alt+F4 is the shock system. Meaning if you logout while in shock you will have to say 5 mins unconscious before you can wake up. The good thing is they will bleed out, bad news is they can stay logged out until a friend comes to the location and just bandages them when they come back in ;)

But in a sad way Alt+F4 needs to stay in the game due to hackers. It's the only way to save yourself especially if they are dropping you from the sky.

That is sad but true, Mega_Death. Altho when it comes down to people losing their gear to hackers vs people massively exploiting ALT+F4 I don't think Rocket really cares about our gear. Honestly I don't really care about the alt+f4 anymore. Mostly because there are so much bigger problems at the moment like (as we just said) hackers. To prevent ur enemy from quitting it's very simple - headshot with a .50 cal sniper rifle.

But in a sad way Alt+F4 needs to stay in the game due to hackers. It's the only way to save yourself especially if they are dropping you from the sky.

No. Hackers are rare, alt f4's are a dime a dozen. Preventing alt f4 cowards is possible and beneficial to the game. Preventing hackers is impossible and fighting them is an endless task.

• Like 1

I see it like SwitchBlayde. Fighting hackers is for eternity, Rocket and team would never win this fight. Combatdisco is the pain the a... and should be Prio 1.

#2 is lack of bean variety. How about some home style beans, maybe sweet beans, Hickory flavored beans, Pork n beans, Common Dev's!

Haha that was great

Can't rocket simply make it so that the command alt-f4 kills your character?

So if Arma crashes or you lose connection to the internet - you die? Sounds like a great idea!

The command alt F4 is a windows system command and can't be changed that easy.

I'm starting to ban people for 12-24 hours if I see them do it while in a fight. Longer if they do it, and come back and try to shoot at me. Technically it's not on the list of bannable excuses, but it's been in this gray area because no one has said that you can, or cannot do it and that rocket himself has deemed this an exploit.

• Like 1

Alt f4 due to farting players is killing this mod ^_^

Yes, Alt-F4 is the bane of this mod. I don't know why fixing it isn't Rocket's main priority. It should be easy, as you say, to force people to stay on the server if they Alt-F4.

They Alt F4 because everyone is deathmatching like the OP. Before everyone was deathmatching there were FAR less ALT-F4 QQs on the forums.

I don't like the term "deathmatch" but it's what DAYZ is. People just don't understand that DAYZ is about surviving every threat given, and that is Zeds and human beings. They should take it or leave it. There'll be a DAYZ SP version for them in the future, no doubt.

Just a couple of days ago I spotted a group of three players. They opened fire, I returned fire and killed one, two logged off. One logged in 2 minutes later a bit further out and started firing at me from inside a house, the other logged in 10m behind me and killed me.

DC'ing in combat and server hopping to gain tactical advantages is the no. 1 problem in the game and it's killing any kind of "serious", tactical PvP.

I've been playing DayZ for three months now and slowly lose interest in the mod because of this very problem.

Easy solution: implement a 20 seconds freeze timer whenever you log in AND off.

I don't like the term "deathmatch" but it's what DAYZ is. People just don't understand that DAYZ is about surviving every threat given, and that is Zeds and human beings. They should take it or leave it. There'll be a DAYZ SP version for them in the future, no doubt.

Probably you never experienced DayZ about 1-2 Month ago. Yes, i got shot from time to time. But it was not the common way to say hello like now. People have talked to eachother. People met and decided to play together.

I play Dayz nearly EVERY day für 3-4 hours. I don't have met a single person that saluted or said friendly in weeks. They don't even try to communicate anymore. They just shoot at you. This is NOT the way DayZ is and its not the way i personally prefer.

Its the way it went in the last few weeks. Probably its because the game is too big now. It don't only attracts zombie and sandbox-hardcore-fans anymore. It attracts everyone because its an mainstream and a "fashion"-game now. So every bored CoD kids hears of it, buys the game, joins the forum and cry out loud in every anti-deathmatch-thread "BUT THATS THE WAY THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED". >:(

No, its not the way it was meant to be played. It's what this CoD Kids made out of this game. Its the way YOU think its meant to be played because you never met any other playstyle than deathmatches or capture the flag.

Edited by Knightowl

Hackers are not rare, but combat D/C is equally bad. Side chat was probably the best defense against hackers, you could keep an eye on it and see when people identify a hacker so you know to get out quick. If you guys have been reading the forums on this subject the last few weeks, you would know that combat D/C and item duping are closely related, and you would also know that these problems are not fixable in the mod, and the DayZ team will try to tackle them in the standalone version supposedly coming later this year. Also, be smart, if someone disconnects when you shoot them, get out of there. Either leave the area or leave the server, don't stand around waiting for him to come back and kill you. Also, if you do not attempt to murder random people this will happen less, with the added side effect of you not being an ass.