DarkRaven123

Hackers - What you need to know.

Thanks for picking me out and calling me special. Your post is quite informative and explanatory. But it does not really solve any issues. DayZ is a great game and if you played it as much as I do you would understand what everyone is 'bitching' about. Hacking is making the game unplayable. Just explain to me what the issue is with people coming out and saying that? The idea is that people vent their problems and if enough people vent it, in the end they may do something about it... I really do not understand the arrogance behind your obvious attitude of 'only certain peoples opinions count'. That is not cool. Opinion is just that and everyones should be respected.

First of all, you have a cheating section of the forum, the problems being raised are to do with people immediately insulting or telling people to shut up who are reporting cheating in this section of the forum. A bit retarded. I have not insulted anyone or had a pop at anyone who has not complained about people reporting hacking. Also just so you know I am 27 and have played computer games for over 15 years, I may not know a great deal about scripts and hacking like you seem to, but I know what is fun and what is not. I think as a game player my opinion is just as valuable as yours even if from a different perspective.

I completely stand by what you quoted me as saying, at the end of your post you go onto say 'IT WILL BE FIXED' with patience..... So you then agree with me that it is not impossible that one day, DayZ, will be a less hackable game through whatever means.... You even say this is something the DayZ team will sort out eventually..... I don't really see anyone demanding it be fixed NOW. You are completely presuming that. People are just pointing out hacking on severs because there is no where else to report it, not anywhere that is easily visible anyway. I am just saying this should not be just stomped on and the people who are reporting it be insulted. What is the issue, they are trying to help and want the game to be playable and fun for everyone. I just don't get how your post seems to agree with my post, I am saying to people who are saying nothing can be done about it, that eventually it can... and right now it is making the game unplayable.... so I think it would be wise for the DayZ team to look into it sooner rather than later as they will lose a lot of players to this. What is the problem with that viewpoint? This is what the forum is for. I like how you have a post called DayZ suggestions, but it seems you don't like it when other people make there own suggestions.... How old are you?

To be fair to you, in this post you have actually answered a lot of questions people have, so why insult people asking these questions with less knowledge than you? If you had just written this post without any insulting, calling people special, douches, saying there bitching,spastics etc.you could have just linked to it when people were complaining about hacking and answered all of there questions. But no, you would rather first berate them for their lack of knowledge, Don't get the attitude. I think the reason every second thread as you put it, is filled with people complaining about hacking, is because it is a major issue to anyone who is playing a lot of the game and it is making the game almost unplayable. You spend hours gearing up for the exciting bit of the game, PvP, and then when it comes you just get auto killed.... People don't want to play after that happens to them 3 or 4 times. I really don't understand what the problem is with people expressing that in the DayZ forums.... Explain if you want to?

Your post is so patronizing. And solves nothing. Very informative though.

• Like 15

Of course it doesn't solve anything.

Unfortunately as a community we can't do anything to fight the hackers.

Sure we can continue making 2489654 threads about it, but that is why I wrote this, so people who, of they have questions or accusations, can read this, instead of making ANOTHER new thread for the same issue.

I also apologise to you personally, from your other posts you looked like another spastic troll, but you aren't.

• Like 5

Good information - deliver it better.

Beans anyway.

-MONSTER

To much effort.

Sure we can continue making 2489654 threads about it, but that is why I wrote this, so people who, of they have questions or accusations, can read this, instead of making ANOTHER new thread for the same issue.

I also apologise to you personally, from your other posts you looked like another spastic troll, but you aren't.

They won't read this and they will still make more threads thinking that it's either only happening to them in particular, they've had it happen too many times for their ego to shrug off or they're too simple to search for a thread. The only way to actually have people read something like this is to link it to them personally or sticky it - both of them probably not going to happen.

On a side note; I hope they DO read this. Instead of posting their own dribble.

-MONSTER

• Like 4

Even if it doesn't work, it was worth a try.

The people who do read it, however, should have a better grasp on the situation. Hopefully.

and generally because i'm fucking sick of every second thread being some douche whining about how BI or DayZ team should fix it.

Careful, I got called a forum nazi because of the same thing...

Beans for you.

• Like 3

Thank you, I apologise also for anything I may have said that seemed troll like. I think that a lot of people are just immediately being rude to people who are reporting hacking. I am sure some people are blaming DayZ, but not everyone is, to me its quite obvious this has nothing to do with the mod 'DayZ'. I just see posts in the cheating section where someone has gone to a lot effort to list what happened to them, where and some even attach evidence to get the response 'tell someone who cares' or 'nothing can be done, so stop posting about it'. I think at the moment this is the only way of actually doing anything about it so people can look out for suspected hackers names and server admins can be informed if it is occurring on there servers as I have said already there not really anywhere else to express this, I appreciate that a update to the anti cheat or to the game system itself is something which would take time, so I think this is all we have now. So people shouldn't put it down.

I have made other posts where I have criticised these people and quoted them, we all get carried away when we feel strongly about something, that is natural and I am sure you understand what I am saying when I say that. I just think people should calm down a bit and let everyone say what they want to say. That is the point of a forum and it infuriates me when people try to squash people expressing themselves.

Everyone is here because DayZ is a great game and we all want to keep it that way regardless of what our opinions are and that is what matters. This is actually a really useful post for all those people who are complaining about hacking and should be stickied or something.

Right Im done with forums for now, so draining. Gonna try and get to cherno and kill someone who has better weapons than me with a hatchet,

• Like 3

I actually watched some videos last night on you tube last night so I can be aware of what they were and looked like.

Informative post man, thanks.

Edited by opeth

Reporting the hacker is a part of testing the mod.

Telling people to stop bitching in a forum for an alpha test is well...........

As of late I have only been affected by teleportation.

Other than that, beans for you.

[ ... ]Opinion is just that and everyones should be respected.[ ... ]

People are born equal, opinions are not. I don't really care about an un-(or mis-)informed persons opinion vs that of someone with the facts on hand.

A very educational read. I did have some idea how it worked but not a full picture. Take my beans.

The biggest problem and the thing that is going to kill the community is that, even though every other post on the forums is about hacking, no one from the Development team is responding to the problem.

Sure they may be working on it in the back ground and will release the solution when they are ready; however they may not be working on it at all.

We don't know.

Because there is no response from the DayZ team people will automatically think that no one is working on a solution and that they team don't think that hacking is an issue, even though there are 1,000,000 posts complaining about hacking.

Or even worse they are ignoring the problem in hopes that it will go away.

Their lack of acknowledgement to this issue will stop people from playing.

I already know more than 10 players who refuse to get on a server until this is resolved.

Just one post from Rocket or another dev team member about the situation and their concern of the issue may help to calm the waters.

Until then you will just see more and more posts as the incidents happen and people get fed up.

Edited by Joe_Blow
  • Like 1

Props to the OP for that Info, it makes alot of sense, and I agree and understand everything.

However, when youve been killed by a hacker when your on a good few days with loads of loot and good stuff, to get all that work taken away by some scum hacker, it boils your blood to the point of wanting them dead in real life, so then you want somewhere to rant and rave about whats just happened to you, and yes we all know of the amount of threads there is, but at this stage you dont care. Then another point is that if people post another thread, just ignore it if its bothering you or you arnt intrested, Let people post what they want, its not harming no one. But to be honest, In that situation while raging people are gonna still make threads whatever info is here about it.

If no thread intrests you then close the page and go back to playing the game. Simples !

• Like 2

The only question I have is where can I join one of these passworded servers?

Also you are wrong it will never be fixed. It will be the same as last time all the hackers will be banned for a day and then they will all just come back 10 times stronger and more pissed.

Edited by badger05

Great post about hacking.

Best read I had so far on that topic in this forum. Beans for you.

... I may not know a great deal about scripts and hacking...

And that's one of the main problems. Every average Joe thinks he knows what exactly the problem is and how it could be fixed ("ban the hackers", "fix your code", etc.) - and normally they demand it to be done yesterday.

If you don't know much about airplanes except that they fly, would you tell the pilot how he's supposed to do it? Don't think so. Sure, you can say what's on your mind, and yes you surely have the right to say what you think is going wrong and how you think the problem can be fixed, but if someone tells you "sorry, you're wrong...these are the problems you generally have with hacking & anti-cheating" - just think about that for some time and cool down. Making a mass of threads like "FIX YOUR FUCKING CODE, RETARD IDIOT!" is 1) plain stupid, 2) childish behaviour, 3) rude and 4) it doesn't help anyone.

This is not meant as a personal insult to you or something, don't get me wrong. It's just a general advise not pointed at anyone in particular to listen to those people who know what they are talking about (yes, I know - it's the internetz for you).

Fixing exploitable code (normally) is hard as shit and takes time. No developer is happy about the fact that it's there, and every developer want's his code to work as intended (well, at least I want that).

Patience is a virtue.

[edit]

The biggest problem and the thing that is going to kill the community is that, even though every other post on the forums is about hacking, no one from the Development team is responding to the problem.

Sure they may be working on it in the back ground and will release the solution when they are ready; however they may not be working on it at all.

We don't know.

Because there is no response from the DayZ team people will automatically think that no one is working on a solution and that they team don't think that hacking is an issue, even though there are 1,000,000 posts complaining about hacking.

Or even worse they are ignoring the problem in hopes that it will go away.

Their lack of acknowledgement to this issue will stop people from playing.

I already know more than 10 players who refuse to get on a server until this is resolved.

Just one post from Rocket or another dev team member about the situation and their concern of the issue may help to calm the waters.

Until then you will just see more and more posts as the incidents happen and people get fed up.

And what do you think they should say?

"We know, but it's not our problem as we can't do anything about it"? - mass rage shitstorm incoming.

"It's being worked on"? - now the forum get's flooded with "DONE YET?!" threads.

"Hacking's cool! We like it" - ahm, yeah... trolling much?

"We don't care"? - ah, come on, they DO care.

It doesn't matter what you say, it's always the wrong choice.

And believing that nothing is done about it, well, I'd call that a dumb assumption.

[/edit]

Edited by Teiwaz
  • Like 1

People are born equal, opinions are not. I don't really care about an un-(or mis-)informed persons opinion vs that of someone with the facts on hand.

You don't have to care, like or agree with an opinion to show it respect. Respect is about allowing people Deciding whose opinion is uninformed and whose is is a matter of opinion anyway. I just think people with this attitude show a very obvious lack of maturity.

And that's one of the main problems. Every average Joe thinks he knows what exactly the problem is and how it could be fixed ("ban the hackers", "fix your code", etc.) - and normally they demand it to be done yesterday.

If you don't know much about airplanes except that they fly, would you tell the pilot how he's supposed to do it? Don't think so. Sure, you can say what's on your mind, and yes you surely have the right to say what you think is going wrong and how you think the problem can be fixed, but if someone tells you "sorry, you're wrong...these are the problems you generally have with hacking & anti-cheating" - just think about that for some time and cool down. Making a mass of threads like "FIX YOUR FUCKING CODE, RETARD IDIOT!" is 1) plain stupid, 2) childish behaviour, 3) rude and 4) it doesn't help anyone.

This is not meant as a personal insult to you or something, don't get me wrong. It's just a general advise not pointed at anyone in particular to listen to those people who know what they are talking about (yes, I know - it's the internetz for you).

Fixing exploitable code (normally) is hard as shit and takes time. No developer is happy about the fact that it's there, and every developer want's his code to work as intended (well, at least I want that).

Patience is a virtue.

To be honest I don't see much of this, people being rude about DayZ developers not fixing the hacking problem immediately. From what I have seen it is a lot more the other way. People reporting hacking and getting absolutely stomped on by everyone else, people telling them to shut up etc. I really havent seen any demanding, correct me if I am wrong and show me some posts of people demanding hacking to be fixed in a unfair way.

Personally I dont think it matters anyway, people should be allowed to say what they want in a forum. Even if you don't agree with it, just ignore it or put your argument across.

FInally I don't think it really matters if you have knowledge of coding and development to have an opinion on what can be done to solve the problem. I mean the OP agreed with me that there are things that can be done in the future to solve the problem... And I'm just an average Joe lol, I think what I was stressing was that if they don't do something soon there gonna loose a large chunk of people playing the game, developers have already started developing rival games with the exact same premise as DayZ. It will only take one big developer to just copy this Mod as a secure stand alone and all the teams great work will be in vain as it will be a lot harder to release with competition already there.

I think a lot of people criticising people complaining about hackers don't really care how many copies get sold at the end or how many people are playing the game, But I am sure Rocket and the DayZ team will definitely care so maybe you should all think about that.

• Like 1

To be honest I don't see much of this, people being rude about DayZ developers not fixing the hacking problem immediately. From what I have seen it is a lot more the other way. People reporting hacking and getting absolutely stomped on by everyone else, people telling them to shut up etc. I really havent seen any demanding, correct me if I am wrong and show me some posts of people demanding hacking to be fixed in a unfair way.

Personally I dont think it matters anyway, people should be allowed to say what they want in a forum. Even if you don't agree with it, just ignore it or put your argument across.

Well, I might be a bit biased on that, but that's how I experienced it in more of a decade in online gaming.

Just to point it out once more: I totally agree with you, that everyone has the right to address his opinion (in a, most of the time, civilized manner though).

FInally I don't think it really matters if you have knowledge of coding and development to have an opinion on what can be done to solve the problem. I mean the OP agreed with me that there are things that can be done in the future to solve the problem... And I'm just an average Joe lol, I think what I was stressing was that if they don't do something soon there gonna loose a large chunk of people playing the game...

Sure thing, but what some people just don't get is that (and that is an assumption on my part) DayZ's dev team's hands are mostly bound on the issue of hacking. Sure, blame the stewardess (sticking to the airplane example) for the drunk pilot, but that won't change anything. The stewardess can't fly the plane.

For the "one big developer" thing. That's always a possibility with a mod and you can't do shit about it. Rocket has the bonus of BI aknowledging the success and value of DayZ, so I personally am not to scared about that.

Edited by Teiwaz
  • Like 1

As we have seen, there is rampant "hacking" in -game at the moment.

Also as we've seen, everyone is a spastic and rants and raves over how rocket should fix the hacking.

Stopped reading here. I've died numerous times to hacking. I can handle any type of in-game death or death from alpha glitch (shot, eaten, duped into trap, falling thru a wall/railing bug, gate killed). This can happen to me any number of times and I will play on.

Died from hacking too many times tho. Came here and made a few short posts only to get shitty responses from people who spend too much time on the forums who are tired of reading the same thing over and over. The OP is one of those people. Saying everyone is a spastic is the wrong way to start a post if you are actually trying to be helpful.

• Like 2

A lot of people i've seen on the forum have been saying shit like :

The kind of "special person" I am trying to reach out to with this post.

Very good write up until this part. You seem to understand a lot about the Arma2 engine yet fail to really understand it. To say that the DayZ team has no ability to control Anti-Cheat is completely false. There are options that can be written and ran server side and to be perfectly honest I would be very surprised if Rocket and the DayZ are not already exploring and developing something. So I believe you owe that person you quoted a small apology as there was nothing wrong with what they said. Now had they come in saying things like "Rocket and the DayZ team charged me for a hack infested product and will never fix the problem" then you might have a point.

• Like 2