Sign in to follow this  
Bacon Surfboard

PvP tips we all should know.

Share what you will.

Here are my contributions...

• Keeping red meat on inventory is paramount. Most people run about like idiots or try and return fire then bandage themselves, this runs the risk of passing out or dying in subsequent shots. Chucking 4 red meat down your throat after getting some marginal cover really gives you survivability.
  • You can breathe underwater. Nuff said.
  • Don't lay in the middle of a field with a Ghillie suit - it doesn't work how you think it works.
  • If they've seen you it's generally better to get behind a bullet proof tree than a paper thin bush that hides you.
  • If you hear incoming rounds and it sounds close/mid range and there is no cover, hit prone and turn towards bullets - makes you pretty much a headshot kill target but your profile is small and you will have a chance to return fire if you get a bit of luck.
  • Under zero your rifle - aiming for the head and having a bullet drop into the knees/lap/chest of a target is infintely better than having a bullet go over the top of a target. You can also see the bullet land where overshooting you don't tend to.

There are more but I'd be interested to see what others have to add.

• Like 4

Share what you will.

Here are my contributions...

• Keeping red meat on inventory is paramount. Most people run about like idiots or try and return fire then bandage themselves, this runs the risk of passing out or dying in subsequent shots. Chucking 4 red meat down your throat after getting some marginal cover really gives you survivability.
  • You can breathe underwater. Nuff said.
  • Don't lay in the middle of a field with a Ghillie suit - it doesn't work how you think it works.
  • If they've seen you it's generally better to get behind a bullet proof tree than a paper thin bush that hides you.
  • If you hear incoming rounds and it sounds close/mid range and there is no cover, hit prone and turn towards bullets - makes you pretty much a headshot kill target but your profile is small and you will have a chance to return fire if you get a bit of luck.
  • Under zero your rifle - aiming for the head and having a bullet drop into the knees/lap/chest of a target is infintely better than having a bullet go over the top of a target. You can also see the bullet land where overshooting you don't tend to.

There are more but I'd be interested to see what others have to add.

Aim for center mass.

Don't overshoot your abilities.

• Like 2

avoid open fields if possible and try not to play by yourself it's alot harder to survive against multiple people when by yourself

Surrender. I'm pretty sure the bandits only want a little bit of butt play from being out in the wilderness too long, and that's better than having both of your knees shattered by bullets, your arm being blown off by a grenade, and your left nut having sharpnel imbedded in it so deep that it hurts less to leave it in than to take it out. Then again, what do I know about that...I let my friend yank it out...

Signed - Sergeant One Nut

Edited by Rock
  • Like 6

Hello there

OP i have to disagree. with going prone.

If i'm shooting at you and you drop I know where you are AND i'm already pretty much zeroed in on you regardless of your smaller silhouette.

Run and run like the wind. Not toward or away from the shooter, that is also bad, but to right angles.

It sounds counter intuitive but can give you valuable seconds to get to hard cover.

Rgds

LoK

Edit this also applies in the real world and many authourites also use this.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 5

Hello there

If i'm shooting at you and you drop I know where you are AND i'm already pretty much zeroed in on you regardless of your smaller silhouette.

Run and run like the wind. Not toward or away from the shooter, that is also bad, but to right angles.

...and run zig-zag as much as possible. try to hide behind buildings and crouch your way from corner to corner -> try to figure out where the shooter is an get around him.

Otherwise look out for cover, lay on bottom and hope.

Also:

- try to recognize the weapon of use. Against snipers, theres a chance to get around him, cus mostly he changes his position just marginally. against assault rifles, there´s a chance that attackers changing position and search for you!

• Like 1

Pro tips:

-If you start in kamenka go straight north to Zologorsh or whatever it's called. Great super market and nobody really goes there. Plus you are close to Airfield so you are halfway to awesomeness.

-If you are starting off and have a pistol and an axe. Put the axe in your hand and always be stealth. Bandits MAY not shoot you because you look like a noob. They MIGHT have mercy. Then you can sneak up on them and shoot them in the FACE

-Stay out of open fields as mentioned above. If you have to go across. Zig zag even if you aren't shot at yet. The sniper may not shoot at you because he doesn't want to reveal his position if the target is too hard to hit.

-When you raid anything, super market, stary, etc. Be quick. I am in and out of a store by 1 minute. You should have your inventory set up before going in so u know what to grab

-Scout stary and airfield for 10-15 min before going in. Again, be quick.

-Never shoot zombies charging you crouched or laying down. I seem to get hit asleep more often that way.

-Don't use enfields. They are dinner bells for zombies.

-Use tree lines to navigate

-Use southcoastbeanwars or dayzdb

-hit up deer stands whenever u see them

-If you see 2-3 guys going into a building. Don't engage unless you are sure you can mow them all down. Also, they probably have someone waiting back (sniper). <----TRUST ME

-blue chem lights are awesome at night. If you turn your gamma and brightness all the way up and use a chem light, you and your buddy can easily navigate in a dark server to high loot areas.

-done typing, thanks for reading

• Like 7

* When moving, have a designated point man that others follow. This makes identifying threats on the move much easier, as the point man can treat anything forward of him hostile.

* Never unnecessarily engage when you do not have the upper hand. When in a bad position, do not hesitate to run. Retreat, regroup, re-asses and re-engage if possible.

* Know distances to key spots even before you are in combat. This allows you to open fire quickly and accurately.

* When you have the element of surprise, wait for a good moment and make first shots count. Try and have your squad open fire at the same time.

* Realize, that every time you make noise, the clock starts ticking and some players might start heading your way.

* Try and keep track of your squad at all times. If you are in a vulnerable position, keep making sure you know where your team is. This allows you to identify targets as hostile quicker and may give you the upper hand in a sudden engagement.

* Stock up on medical items. I usually carry 4 bandages, 2 morphines, 1-2 blood packs and 1 epipen. Make sure your squad has a nice spread of medical items. This way you can put wounded and unconscious players back into the fight quickly.

* The +1 rule: There is always at least one more hostile than you thought. Be prepared.

Edited by Squirreli
  • Like 1

The part with knowing your distance before you shoot made me piss myself, such good advice. Advice: 1. If you have an AS50 and see a vehicle, shoot the tire out, then shoot the shit out of the vehicle, and run like hell. 2. Revenge is sweet. 3. Try to keep a DMR on you at all times. I fucking hate it, but you can use your NVGs with it. 4. In Cherno, and just spawned? Get shit from the fire stations and medical tents, and get the hell out of there.

red meat is useless in a fight.

you want brown meat.

other than that, nice tips.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

Borrowing from schlock mercenary, the sevent maxims of maximally effective mercenaries applies here I think

1. Pillage, then burn.

4. Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.

5. Close air support and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart.

6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

9. Never turn your back on an enemy.

11. Everything is air-droppable at least once.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

13. Do unto others.

15. Only you can prevent friendly fire.

16. Your name is in the mouth of others: be sure it has teeth.

17. The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.

18. If the officers are leading from in front, watch out for an attack from the rear.

20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.

21. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky just to be alive, and he'll figure out how to catch another one for you to take tomorrow.

22. If you can see the whites of their eyes, somebody's done something wrong.

24. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.

30. A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.

35. That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.

36. When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support.

37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ - if you like the above, go read it.

You lot are missing one vital point: zombies. If you approach a building, whether it is isolated or part of a town, and there are zombies within approx. 200 meters of it, then there is a player there. If you are within 200m or so of that same building, then the zombies are probably 'yours'.

So, provided you stay more than 200 meters from a building so that you cannot cause the spawn of zombies, any zombies you do see can be attributed to another player and give you the heads-up.

Edited by Agrocr0c
  • Like 1

Borrowing from schlock mercenary, the sevent maxims of maximally effective mercenaries applies here I think

1. Pillage, then burn.

4. Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.

5. Close air support and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart.

6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

9. Never turn your back on an enemy.

11. Everything is air-droppable at least once.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

13. Do unto others.

15. Only you can prevent friendly fire.

16. Your name is in the mouth of others: be sure it has teeth.

17. The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.

18. If the officers are leading from in front, watch out for an attack from the rear.

20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.

21. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky just to be alive, and he'll figure out how to catch another one for you to take tomorrow.

22. If you can see the whites of their eyes, somebody's done something wrong.

24. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.

30. A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.

35. That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.

36. When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support.

37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ - if you like the above, go read it.

well obviously you want everyone to run around shooting eachother then? -.- i understand if they open fire or you really need supplies but bandits should actaully rob the player instead of going guns blazing at every lil player that blinks and needless bloodshed ruins the fun

Okay I will start by stating my average kill per life ratio. I normally get 30 kills per life running through large coastal cities. My favorite gun is the 1911 and by far is the only gun you need to be the best bandit. fully automatic assault rifles are also good options but only if you are exceptional with the aim. I really don't want to give tips on how i manage to obtain my kd ratio because it will add on to the already ridiculous pvp problem that we have already. But I will say that I run everywhere I never use stealth I never stop or walk in cities unless inside buildings and I always look around with the alt key while on the move. These tips should be followed with no exceptions when in large coastal cities.

• Like 1

Okay I will start by stating my average kill per life ratio. I normally get 30 kills per life running through large coastal cities. My favorite gun is the 1911 and by far is the only gun you need to be the best bandit. fully automatic assault rifles are also good options but only if you are exceptional with the aim. I really don't want to give tips on how i manage to obtain my kd ratio because it will add on to the already ridiculous pvp problem that we have already. But I will say that I run everywhere I never use stealth I never stop or walk in cities unless inside buildings and I always look around with the alt key while on the move. These tips should be followed with no exceptions when in large coastal cities.

I call bullshit, and this is a useless post.

On topic;

That guy who runs up to you claiming he's friendly, shoot him, he most likely isn't.

• Like 1

1. There are no friendlies, only people who wait til their is a more optimal advantage to shoot you.

2. When in cities, check the rooftops and other common sniper places, I generally move into elektro off of sniper hill, usually end up finding most of the gear I need on the bandit shooting scrubs in a firehouse.

3. Only carry what you need - If i'm going to a larger city during the day I opt out of my coyote and NVGs for an alice pack and preferably something SD.

4. If you're in a standoff, patience is usually the key.

5. If you have no NVGs and you know an enemy around you has them, chuck flares everywhere, flares rape NVGs, but also draw alot of attention

• Like 7

I'd like to make an Ambush to a group of 6 - 8 player. I thought that in towns like vybor or stary sobor was too risky becouse the zombies are threat too and the players are ready for the worse . So i thought to kill them halfway, we have no snipers but the ambush will be done at evening/night. Any tips? One of them have NVG.

Hello there

It sounds counter intuitive but can give you valuable seconds to get to hard cover.

Rgds

LoK

Edit this also applies in the real world and many authourites also use this.

You don't disagree with me - my example was when there is no cover, if there is cover take it! (See standing behind a bullet proof tree) :)

If you see someone in your sights wait to engage to be sure there is only one of them, and plan a good way to engage them.

Edited by theguy8882

I'd like to make an Ambush to a group of 6 - 8 player. I thought that in towns like vybor or stary sobor was too risky becouse the zombies are threat too and the players are ready for the worse . So i thought to kill them halfway, we have no snipers but the ambush will be done at evening/night. Any tips? One of them have NVG.

Depending on if you're solo or in a squad, but sinse you said that "we have no snipers" i assume you're in a squad.

First off, make sure that everyone in your squad knows who to fire at, you're not supposed to be 5 guys firing at 1 target, rather 5 guys firing at 5 targets, the moment you decide to engage. If they are raiding stary, they're most likely not counting on an ambush on their way there, but once they're there, they will be more aware of incomming activities. Grabbing them while they're running towards it might be a good idea, because Stary is surrounded by big open fields. Use frag grenades if possible or even a pipebomb if you happen to have one available.

And remember, spread out around the field, if one of you reveal your position, at least he does not reveal your entire team.

You don't disagree with me - my example was when there is no cover, if there is cover take it! (See standing behind a bullet proof tree) :)

Going prone while someone is shooting you is usually a very, very bad idea.

If my first shot misses, my second shot MIGHT miss, by the third one I'm 99% certain I will hit you.