Gungy

Buildings are NOT safe to log out in.

It really is that simple. Doing so just increases your chances of being killed before you know what happened. I'll explain why, with a little story of what happened to me last night.

Usual day, avoiding everyone and looking for loot. So I enter this building, with only one way in. Then I hear gunfire, quite close so I hit the deck. Ever so slowly I back up keeping the only entrance in view. I'm confident My rear and flanks are safe I had already swept the building and was ready to leave.

So patiently I sit waiting to see if I have guests. Then I hear foot steps to my right. I turn and there he is, the most unlucky player I ever encountered. He hadn't even noticed Me because it was night time. The floor must of made Me invisible, But he would move forward at some point. If I'm honest I did panic a little, I didn't know his intentions. There wasn't time to ask them either.

With a fire flash of death 30 7.62 rounds ripped through him, all was quiet his body just slumped. He didn't have the slightest clue what happened, just that a hail of bullets had ended all his work.

Had he logged out just 10 feet to the left, on the outside wall of the same building he would still be alive now.

With that in mind, if YOU have chance leave towns etc and head for the forest. There will be less chance another player will have reason to be there when you log back in.

It really is that simple. Doing so just increases your chances of being killed before you know what happened. I'll explain why' date=' with a little story of what happened to me last night.

Usual day, avoiding everyone and looking for loot. So I enter this building, with only one way in. Then I hear gunfire, quite close so I hit the deck. Ever so slowly I back up keeping the only entrance in view. I'm confident My rear and flanks are safe I had already swept the building and was ready to leave.

So patiently I sit waiting to see if I have guests. Then I hear foot steps to my right. I turn and there he is, the most unlucky player I ever encountered. He hadn't even noticed Me because it was night time. The floor must of made Me invisible, But he would move forward at some point. If I'm honest I did panic a little, I didn't know his intentions. There wasn't time to ask them either.

With a fire flash of death 30 7.62 rounds ripped through him, all was quiet his body just slumped. He didn't have the slightest clue what happened, just that a hail of bullets had ended all his work.

Had he logged out just 10 feet to the left, on the outside wall of the same building he would still be alive now.

With that in mind, if YOU have chance leave towns etc and head for the forest. There will be less chance another player will have reason to be there when you log back in.

[/quote']

I've thought about the same situation when logging out in buildings before. I'll never do it again after reading this. Good point, Sir.

Phew, yeah I was scared enough just entering a pharmacy/grocery store to find loot for the first time! Never am I gonna think I'm safe in 'em. Could almost feel eyes watching me.

It's not safe to log out anywhere. I got erroneously spawned in the middle of the debug forest and was immediately mowed down by bandits in a similar glitchy state.

I don't think the moral of the story is "Don't log out inside buildings" it's "Don't log out near people".

The situation could have happened anywhere with the same consequences, even in the middle of a forest.

Some players log out in buildings and hop from server to server collecting shit.

The situation could have happened anywhere with the same consequences' date=' even in the middle of a forest.

[/quote']

The chances of someone being in the same place as you when you log in are far far slimmer out in the forests, that's the point that Gungy is making

It's not safe to log out anywhere. I got erroneously spawned in the middle of the debug forest and was immediately mowed down by bandits in a similar glitchy state.

Bandits... not even debugging is safe now lol

I can't say i've ever died after logging in inside a building, the nature of the engine means that walls are transparent for a second or two while it loads and it's easy enough to get the jump on someone if you really need to. Can't say I would ever log out inside unless pressing real life issues forced me to though.

and why did u kill him anyway??? and 30 rounds? really?

Haha the same thing happend me, i was looting the NE Airfield barracks, so after i cleaned the last room i turn around and see a guy crouching out from the middle room. He slowly turns around and faces me, So i get scared as hell resulting in unloading my whole clip and now i feel bad as hell but i really had no choice

Why log out near peoples? I love the panic in me. I killed two peoples in a tough situation, and lost my life similarly. Im a friendly survivor but bad things to happen.

My english is deadly. Sorry Man! But i would like to survive 2012 ;)

Yesterday, after a fresh death, I was down in Elektro trying to find basic kit.

After gearing up, I attracted a "crouching" Z, and decided that it wouldn't be safe to try and kite it out of the city, as there were numerous other Zs roaming the fields.

So, I headed for the church, thinking that it was a defensible building with only one entrance and lots of cover inside, so even if I did alert other players in my eventual shooting of the crouching Z and whichever other Zs were sure to follow from the shots, I'd stand a good chance of making it.

After killing fifty-five of them with my newly-acquired Winchester, and on my way out of the door, I was shot in the back with automatic fire, likely an AK-74 from the sound of it.

Seems whomever shot me had previously disconnected in the church, and had logged back in behind me.

Goes to show I guess. There's no such thing as a "clear" area when people could potentially log in right inside of it.

Just the other day I was in a supermarket, when connection problems sadly ended my session.

When I got back in the game I was very scared, because I knew I would spawn right back into this supermarket...no way of knowing other players would be there too.

When I spawned back into the supermarket there where dead Zed's everywhere inside and outside, and no loot left. So I got very lucky that time, spawning just after the slaughter that had place there :-)

No need to explane that my heart was pounding and my hands where trembling when I got out of that place a.s.a.p., back into the safety of the forest!

Great game this is!

Yep. I logged into a server once, inside a church. When I loaded, there were 2 people there. I sat there and for a half second wondered if I should shoot them. But they both turned towards my direction and I logged the fuck out before they could figure out I was there. Hope I spooked them.

I had a guy log in at south NW airfield barracks while I was in there casing the place. He caught me by surprise and fired his M1014 at me. Luckily I ran for cover in the adjacent room after only getting hit once. He was dumb enough to take the bait, so as he rounded the corner I unloaded my 1911 into his face.

I walked out of there with a new gun and lots of nice toys, though!

I'd be inclined to suggest it's not safe to logout ANYWHERE that players frequent.

The story is cute, but the real reason for not loging out in buildings is that sometimes the goddamn floor won't load next time you log in and you will fall on the first floor and die instantly. Happened to me at Zub castle, fell 4 storeys down with all my epic castle loot.

Epic castle loot??? Heading there next...

The story is cute' date=' but the real reason for not loging out in buildings is that sometimes the goddamn floor won't load next time you log in and you will fall on the first floor and die instantly. Happened to me at Zub castle, fell 4 storeys down with all my epic castle loot.

[/quote']