UberFAKnNooB

Too much complaining about 3rd person view

I know there have been topics to remove it and some people agreed with a comment I made about it. So I decided to make a video explaining how "NOT" to use 3rd person in hopes of giving some people a change of heart.

Hopefully this will make people complain less about it being used at all...compared to using it to cheat

*EDIT 8/5/2012

Adding to this post since people can't read or listen.

1. I have no hatred for 3rd person.

2. You do what you want with 3rd person views.

3. This video is explaining the ONLY problem with 3rd person.

4. I use 1st person and occasionally 3rd for long runs.

5. This video is posted because people think 3rd person use is just plain cheating and unrealistic. It's a game, but it is more real for some people than others.

6. I have friends that NEED to use 3rd person because the game makes them dizzy and can NOT play 1st person. The head bobbing is NOT causing the dizzyness issue. There are other people that use it for this reason as well.

This is all I can think of at the moment, but I am sure I will be explaining even more soon.

Edited by UberFAKnNooB
  • Like 12

People will use it to their advantage anyways. I would like all servers to be hardcore (so we can get rid of the cod-kiddies).

Edited by Inzann
  • Like 1

The first voice you did sounded like Homer Simpson.

That's my regular voice and I get that alot.

As for Inzann, while I don't disagree with you, I understand why many people use 3rd person. This isn't a game that you jump on for 30 minutes. After hours of gameplay or less, you can get dizzy and 3rd person helps with that. I have other friends that play and can't use 1st person at all. We are all old bastards though, so maybe the game is easier on younger eyes haha. Me myself, I prefer 1st person and rarely go third unless I have been running for like 30 minutes.

In the Game Option you can reduce the first person camera shake. You can even get rid of it altogether... Just saying.

Remove 3rd person to increase this 'realism' everyone seems to want. Lower shake in Game Options.

Edited by Yatagan

In the Game Option you can reduce the first person camera shake. You can even get rid of it altogether... Just saying.

Remove 3rd person to increase this 'realism' everyone seems to want. Lower shake in Game Options.

Like I said, I personally use 1st person. What people are not realizing is that this isn't a complaint about reality. It is a complaint about the game making certain people dizzy. You know, how other games give people epileptic seizures, so there are color correcting applications within those games...like IL Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover. Yes there is a difference between that setting and 3rd person, but when it comes to allowing some people to play it when it bothers other people then a compromise needs to be made.

That's the purpose of this video and all I am saying is, if you MUST use it...don't use it to cheat. Now I know exploiters will exploit and I am putting people on the "honor system" when it comes to my perspective. But at least I am choosing a middle ground with an unbiased solution that hopefully people will listen to.

Get with the program, guy. Everyone uses 3rd person to see around corners. Why would I put myself at a disadvantage by switching to 1rst. Besides, cod-kiddies play 1st person, so....

Nobody makes you play on 3rd person enabled servers, there are plenty of servers that have it forced off. I don't get the issue, play on servers that meet the needs to make you happy, why force yourself into a situation where everyone is going to be a "cheating douchebag" which is just going to make you angry/irate/upset if you don't have to.

• Like 4

You guys do realize that I am not complaining about 3rd person right? And yes I am aware that people use it to see around corners regardless of what I say. I don't, and I "for the most part" do not use 3rd person either.

People will use it to their advantage anyways. I would like all servers to be hardcore (so we can get rid of the cod-kiddies).

and id like a banhammer for elitist assholes that think its there game... people like playing video games booo hoooo

and id like a banhammer for elitist assholes that think its there game... people like playing video games booo hoooo

Good job, you are a giant hypocrite.

~Sol

No. There are plenty of hardcore and non third person servers. I always use third person, and it doesn't put me at an advantage against players.

I almost always prefer first person point of view in games. However, there are games where it is not quite well implemented. For example World of Warcraft and this game have like a zoom effect that prevents me from effectively calculating distances when turning around the corner or something. I guess it could be fixed be increasing the FOV but I haven't taken the time t see around the internet if there is a console command to adjust the FOV.

What YOU want is rather irrelevant since there are hundreds of people that want the opposite. Why should YOUR opinion matter most?

Unless Rocket bans 3rd person view just suck it up and play on servers without this option enabled.

Is that really so hard for you?

• Like 1

You do know CoD is FPS, don't you? So your opinion is invalid.

The head bobbing is what you DON'T and not suppose to notice in reality, sure it can happen, but we instinctively mitigate it with our eyes and body posture.

But what DOES go wrong with 1st person is they freaking make head bobbing like you are some drunk dude in a soldier uniform trying to shoot a gun.

Also, while you do have 'sighting' advantage with third person, it's not a true advantage as everyone can also use it at the same time.

Using third person to aim and go into first person though to take a more accurate shot, takes time and experience,

If anyone wants to change this, they'd need to make third person available but of the shoulder mounted kind, so the eye level is lower but you can still see better, with maybe better camera controls.

But head bobbing is the worst you can add into a video game, especially when it looks like you are bobbing 3 inches up and down like you are rocking your head to some rock music...

If anything, Bohemia used the 'easy' way out and made a up down head bobbing, the reality is that you also sway left and right to mitigate the vertical bobbing.

Real head bobbing is very unnoticable because we walk and sway left and right.

It can be there, but must be very faint.

Snipers are still more common than 'peek-a-boos' because they can kill you without revealing themselves, that and most primary weapons are able to hit at long ranges.

Edited by dra6o0n

IMO first person play is more immersive and just a better experience. You feel much more 'in the game'. I always use third person if it's enabled just because you have so much more periferal vision though. I wouldn't be opposed to it going at all, but I'll continue to use it while it's available. xD

I suffer from virtual motion sickness. Third person greatly alleviates this, i actually cannot play first person view.

Pathetic i know.

• Like 1

I know there have been topics to remove it and some people agreed with a comment I made about it. So I decided to make a video explaining how "NOT" to use 3rd person in hopes of giving some people a change of heart.

Hopefully this will make people complain less about it being used at all...compared to using it to cheat

3rd person breaks a bunch of the mechanics in the game that make it immersive (The most important thing this game has going for it and the reason your heart rate soars when you hear gunfire.)

You crash and break the windshield on your vehicle? Whatever, just go 3rd person! You're in the air control tower at an airfield, prone behind a wall? No worries, just 3rd person and you can see all around you! Trying to scope out what that guy is doing at the cafe in Cherno, but you're standing behind a concrete wall because you're scared of being shot at? Easy! Just go into 3rd person and watch him until he leaves, then shoot him in the back!

Edited by jesquik
  • Like 3

I suffer from virtual motion sickness. Third person greatly alleviates this, i actually cannot play first person view.

Pathetic i know.

Turn off head bob and you should find comfort.

Turn off head bob and you should find comfort.

Now this is exactly what I am having a problem with. The perfect example. Basically this is saying, "I don't care if it bothers you. I don't like the setting so you can just suffer because I think you are full of it and nothing will convince me otherwise." FYI, 3rd person view is not going anywhere. And if you only use it to exploit it "because others do it too", then you are a hypocrite. I won't use this on somebody else and if it happens to be the downfall of my character, oh well...it is just a game and I have found it can be pretty easy to re-stock depending on my luck.

• Like 1

3rd person breaks a bunch of the mechanics in the game that make it immersive (The most important thing this game has going for it and the reason your heart rate soars when you hear gunfire.)

You crash and break the windshield on your vehicle? Whatever, just go 3rd person! You're in the air control tower at an airfield, prone behind a wall? No worries, just 3rd person and you can see all around you! Trying to scope out what that guy is doing at the cafe in Cherno, but you're standing behind a concrete wall because you're scared of being shot at? Easy! Just go into 3rd person and watch him until he leaves, then shoot him in the back!

Yeah and I can hear your footsteps.

as long as it's in, it would be stupid not to take the full advantage of it, and then still the camper/sniper has most probably the advantage.

for this it would be cool to have a server side option installed to remove 3rd person in certain areas or situations (especially the greater citys/pvp fights)- but I think it's not going to work (technically). so either on or off.. I'd prefer off, for the situations where I'm in a PvP fight, but on is easier on the eye when running around and gives you a better look on the landscape :) I'm the only one of my friends even considering - and having played on- non-3rd person servers, though they agree with me about the unfair usability for snipers, they like the 3rd person mode more for playing. maybe it could also be removed when lying down, would it make a bit harder for some snipers on roofs, that only show, when you don't look at them while theyhave the overview over a street (for example) all the time.

Edited by aenima

for this it would be cool to have a server side option installed to remove 3rd person

Servers have the option to have 3rd person enabled or disabled, but the server admin would have to restart the server to change this option.