Sign in to follow this  
LondonHyena

Why we need MANY more zombies... and in the wilderness too

You know what? You're right' date=' I'm wrong and my nature is too unrealistic and obviously you're always right. Your realistic nature is clearly the one truth in life and I think we can all learn something from you. Please, by all means, let me +rep you for every one of your posts as they are the only thing that humanity - as a responsible race, should follow.

Let this be a notice for all forum posters: Nya is the smartest of all of us and his/her arguments are clearly superior.

Happy now Nya?

[/quote']I didn't say you are wrong but I won't completely disagree with the latter part of your post being for the most part correct.

Fact is fact and opinion is opinion, too many of you blur the lines and shove things into the same category and peoples faces like they are a fact of reality when they are actually just your subjective views that are solely your own. I and others like me are the clarity which brings these things to light and as such we are not well liked, I have no problem with that.

I'm thankful I have the intelligence to see the clearly defined difference between the two and call people out on their bullshit.

I don't like to leave things unresolved or in a state of logical fallacy' date=' if you have issue with that then maybe a public forum on the Internet with thousands of different people, opinions and view points is not the place for you.

[/quote']

No, this public forum is not here for you to wash your dirty laundry in. If you have issues with another user that do not relate to the topic you're posting in, take it to PM.

You know what? You're right' date=' I'm wrong and my nature is too unrealistic and obviously you're always right. Your realistic nature is clearly the one truth in life and I think we can all learn something from you. Please, by all means, let me +rep you for every one of your posts as they are the only thing that humanity - as a responsible race, should follow.

Let this be a notice for all forum posters: Nya is the smartest of all of us and his/her arguments are clearly superior.

Happy now Nya?

[/quote']I didn't say you are wrong but I won't completely disagree with the latter part of your post being for the most part correct.

Fact is fact and opinion is opinion, too many of you blur the lines and shove things into the same category. I and others like me are the clarity which brings these things to light and as such we are not well liked, I have no problem with that.

I never completely disagree with anyone on any part of their posts because these are internet forums and I love all the internets aspiring politicians no matter what :)

My only issue with bandits is that they are not very imaginative... that is all..

Yeah, sure, some of them may have skill.. but getting the jump on another player and shooting him dead before he sees you without any social interaction or plot? That is not skill... that is luck..

Now, Bandits with imagination... ahh.. that would be glorious.. hopefully we will see more of it after the removal of the bandit skin...

Bandits who just bang bang your dead, they are boring... If one of them takes me out I give a fuck for all of about as long as it takes for me to respawn... a bandit with balls though, one that can successfully trip me up, and make me shit my pants for a while.. those are the ones I respect..

If you feel your oppinion is so important, you don't want to risk getting ignored in the already existing threads about this fully explored subject, atleast bring something new to the table other than rainbows and get over its.

tCp90.gif

There are still tickets for the internet drama guys. Gather round!

There are many of us who have seen what a sandbox environment can do. There are many of us who know what happens when you give the players the means to create their own story. Just look at what people do in games such as Minecraft' date=' Dwarf Fortress, EVE Online and, now, DayZ.[/quote']

There's not enough hard data for me to feel confident about making a prediction (my polar opposite post was meant to demonstrate that we can't be sure of anything, rather than press an opinion on the subject of Day Z's PvP). I really think it's too early to divulge any kind of pattern from the few examples provided, or try to link them in the first place. Day Z is in Alpha, and we're not yet even sure what it is or wants to be. You may find your version of the finished product is vastly different from mine.

I just want to make a quick point. I have absolutely no problem with players who are benevolent, generous or inclusive. Neither do I have any problem with banditry. I often walk the line between both, depending on whatever colour my mood ring is or how much Pink I've been listening too lately. In fact, I think benevolent players are actually the core to this game, and I think much greater depth of experience is to be found in not only grouping up, but saving someone's life and making their day. I have no problem with these types of players making threads suggesting increased ways benevolent players may assist one another (whether by radio channels, or warning flares, or grouped revenge). They are actually trying to widen the game experience to get it closer to reality - how would survivors fend off known or unknown enemies? And then how do you translate that to a game world, where things such a body language or general sociopathy are less easily conveyed?

The players I AM irritated by are the ones who believe that bandits and survivors are equal. Bandits and survivors are, in their very nature, unequal. It takes much more respect, stealth, cunning, restraint and general fortitude to survive by helping and trusting people than it does blasting everyone you see. Therefore, when you suggest "balances" you are essentially going about lessening the true value of survivors, and the difficulty in the decision they have made to be good. Not only that, but you're trying to conform the game to your standard (the one you've been raised on) that games should try to throw realism aside at a mechanical level to conform to his weird sense of equality entitlement (read the "balance" sections of the BF3 forums to see what a mess that has become). This game is not rock paper scissors. If you want to increase the game experience and have a hope at all of Rocket implementing one of your ideas try and expand the world - not restrict it. Whenever people talk about the bandit "problem" already they've completely missed the point. That bandits would be so dangerous and prevalent was a surprise to nobody - especially not Rocket.

So please, either think of ways to contribute to the universal player experience (equally accessible to bandits) that can also serve to strengthen the survivor cause against bandits, and you'll be some way towards presenting an idea actually attractive to the dev team.

Below are two examples of a fix. They are two different types of ideas to fix the same problem, both might be bad ideas, but one is thinking about the problem the correct way, and one is thinking about it the wrong way.

Correct example:

Make names permanent amongst all characters you create. In this way, reputation can naturally be dispersed across servers, and people will know to regard you in the way you act, as opposed to a vicious bandit being able to change his name and reinvent himself at the drop of a hat.

You see, this solidifies every players experiences. It effects both good and bad players with the natural moral outcome of their actions, without modifying the code to gimp on one play style.

Here is a bad example:

Name tags for survivors are hidden, but bandit name tags show up.

You see how artificial and arbitrary this is? It gives survivors superhuman sight powers that allow them to spot anyone with a deficient moral compass.

So please, take time to work out how to expand the game and not limit it. Additionally, if you're complaining about bandits, you're in a high traffic (read: dangerous) place. Get out of it.

I made this as bit of fun, a bit tongue in cheek just giving an alternative viewpoint and look whats happened. :(

IMHO the best way to solve these "PVP/Bandits" problems would be extremly reduced chance to get anything better than Winchester and necessary equipment (like knife, cans and matches). Player with a good weapon and rare equipment (binoculars, maps, compasses etc) will think 7 times before starting mess with others. No snipers in Cherno, no headless PVP with Makarovs, no irrational killing.

More than dayz I enjoy retarded threads like this one hahaha

keep em comin

I've yet to see anyone want pvp gone. All that is asked for is that killing someone have consequences, discouraging people from doing it, while still allowing banditry to be a completely viable way to play the game.

I made this as bit of fun' date=' a bit tongue in cheek just giving an alternative viewpoint and look whats happened. :(

[/quote']

One person's fun is often had at another's detriment. You made an inflammatory post that only enrages the people who prefer not to treat this game like deathmatch with zombies.

I don't know what's more amazing. You thinking that this wouldn't turn into a flame war, or that the mods contributed to this flaimbait instead of locking it.

I made this as bit of fun' date=' a bit tongue in cheek just giving an alternative viewpoint and look whats happened. :(

[/quote']

One person's fun is often had at another's detriment. You made an inflammatory post that only enrages the people who prefer not to treat this game like deathmatch with zombies.

I don't know what's more amazing. You thinking that this wouldn't turn into a flame war, or that the mods contributed to this flaimbait instead of locking it.

He is right though, the game would be much worse without pvp. It just needs to be regulated somehow.

I disagree with OP entirely i think removing bandits will make people kill anyone on sight even more, atleast you can kinda assume that a surivor is friendly with more certainty over a bandit.

But with that said, i am not upset about it being removed, as it has been causing issues with other players when changing skins and most importantly with development.

And if the "costume" skin type deal is added, those that desperately want to be a bandit will still become one when they find the clothing for it.

All this carebear nonsense :dodgy:. Almost as bad and as frequent as being branded as a 'CoD Kid' now. Oh how I wonder whether this community will plummet considering the amount of elitists that seem to be slowly popping up, not that the OP is one. Just a general comment.

He is right though' date=' the game would be much worse without pvp. It just needs to be regulated somehow.

[/quote']

OH FOR THE LOVE OF... for the last time. The majority of us, "Carebears" don't want pvp to go away. We just think that the system needs some tweaking. However, anytime we make a suggestion for balancing bandit/survivors, we instantly get labeled a 'carebear' and all of our points get ignored.

let me say this one more time for posterity.

MOST 'CAREBEARS' DON'T WANT BANDITS/PVP GONE WE WOULD JUST LIKE SOME TWEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. I've never killed a survivor in three weeks of playing and usually try to avoid PvP. But I still think that PvP is an essential part of the mod. I wouldn't play it otherwise.

I'd just like to see some consequences added for a player's actions and think it's pretty telling how the PKers will go to great lengths to defend their anonymous easymode KoS gameplay.

I kill survivors all the time... but, I also want to link up with other players sometimes. I don't see why people who mostly just kill other people should spawn right beside people who want to team up.

Leave the PVP as it is, with no penalties for murder... but, as your humanity drops lower and lower, you should spawn around other people with low humanity rather than people who work to cooperate. You can still go kill them all you want...

He is right though' date=' the game would be much worse without pvp. It just needs to be regulated somehow.

[/quote']

OH FOR THE LOVE OF... for the last time. The majority of us, "Carebears" don't want pvp to go away. We just think that the system needs some tweaking. However, anytime we make a suggestion for balancing bandit/survivors, we instantly get labeled a 'carebear' and all of our points get ignored.

let me say this one more time for posterity.

MOST 'CAREBEARS' DON'T WANT BANDITS/PVP GONE WE WOULD JUST LIKE SOME TWEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not entirely sure why you're quoting me there. Thats basically what I'm saying.

Who started this "carebear" terminology nonsense anyway? Judging by human behavior if I had to take a stab in the dark my assumption would be rocket said it at one point or another then all of these starstruck goons started saying it like the mindless zombies which inhabit this game. Never in my life have I witnessed such a stupid and overly used terminology for people who want to play a game in a different way than you people.

Their views, feedback and what they want out of the game is just as valid as what all of you want. You simply disagreeing does not make you right, it makes you opinionated and in opposition of what they think but don't think for a second it makes you right. The worse part of all of this is you are complaining about them complaining on the level of I would say 75% more than they are and its annoying as all hell.

I don't even see anyone really asking for PvP to be removed to be honest, what the general consensus from the people seems to be is that a player who continually kills people should be penalized in some way for doing so as a deterrent to killing so it's not out of control. If anything it would add even more depth to the meta game depending on how it is implemented because you as a player would have to question if it is worth killing said player for what he has or letting him slide.

Stop being so god damn closed minded, ignorant and dismissive of what people have to say. For all you know there is a better method for this game which involves both sides but has yet to be brought to light.