devvz

US #1357 Locked server

Server Name: DayZ - US #1357 (1.7.2.4/95417) [VET] [-4] [testing] Multiplay :: testing testing

Timezone: EST

Date/Time: 8:21pm, 7/31/12

Server Administrator: Unsure

What happened: Just noticed a locked server when looking for one to join. 4 People in the server, 3 with [iCE] clan tags on. I bet they're "testing" how easy the loot spawns at NWAF :/

Evidence: Attached.

post-19354-0-32801400-1343780099_thumb.j

Edited by Devvz
  • Like 3

That or chopper hunting seeing as they are phasing them back in. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Good point. Should be blacklisted IMO even if they take off the password.

That kinda stuff isn't cool on persistent servers.

Good point. Should be blacklisted IMO even if they take off the password.

That kinda stuff isn't cool on persistent servers.

Wow relax. Two sides to every story, how about you let them explain before you talk about having them blacklisted.

• Like 1

I'd be glad to hear it. Sort of why I posted it here.

Wah, wah, cry cry, hop on forums to complain. Jk. But seriously though, police officers in video games are just a bit too redundant.

Dude your 13.....you should learn how to wipe your own ass before you start regulating anything else.

OMG A LOCKED SERVER!!! OMG OMG OMG, MOM HELP , THERE'S A LOCKED SERVER!!!!

you get my beans mate.

• Like 2

Obviously you guys don't understand the rules for DayZ servers that comes straight from a community support member...

Can I host a server for my clan?

Yes, you can. We encourage clans to set up a server to act as their home.

What you cannot do, however, is to restrict the server to your clan only. The gameplay of DayZ involves conflict between survivors as well as zombies, and restricting a server to a single clan would take away this aspect of the gameplay. It would also allow the clan to farm gear without risking interference from other players, which would give them an unfair advantage.

The server is still locked by the way.

Edited by Devvz
  • Like 3

Pretty sure if someone locked a server, its for a reason, we got hack nuked 2-3 times today on my server and the only reason i didnt PW it for a bit is because I like the flow of regular players. but it is quite annoying

Pretty sure if someone locked a server, its for a reason, we got hack nuked 2-3 times today on my server and the only reason i didnt PW it for a bit is because I like the flow of regular players. but it is quite annoying

So you basically ignore the term of service you had to agree to in order to host a dayZ server? Which say that servers cannot be passworded under any circumstances?

I do feel that the amount of people hawking over rule breaches are overkill, but at the same time there is a RIDICULOUS amount of server admins who either didn't read the server hosting rules or simply do not care about them.

• Like 5

So you basically ignore the term of service you had to agree to in order to host a dayZ server? Which say that servers cannot be passworded under any circumstances?

I do feel that the amount of people hawking over rule breaches are overkill, but at the same time there is a RIDICULOUS amount of server admins who either didn't read the server hosting rules or simply do not care about them.

Seeing how I said, I ALMOST, please learn to read if you're going to quote them.

Dude your 13.....you should learn how to wipe your own ass before you start regulating anything else.

OMG A LOCKED SERVER!!! OMG OMG OMG, MOM HELP , THERE'S A LOCKED SERVER!!!!

you get my beans mate.

Maybe he should not call for a server ban outright, but someone should remind server owners that they are not allowed to lock servers to look for loot. Maybe they have a reasonable explanation (hackers are not a reasonable explanation, there are rules against hacking and rules against Admin abuse, get proof of the hacking and hope for a global ban). Beyond that warnings should be issued, not bans considering the time, effort, and cash that goes into hosting a server. After several warnings they should be banned.

• Like 1

well think about your accusations.

what if the people that keep there group of trusted individuals( non hacking, non loot-piling, non loot hording individuals) to just go around and shoot zombies? or maybe go against eachother? 3 vs 3 teams or something?

Just because a server is locked, doesn't mean the players inside are out to cheat the system. The system cheats them, so they put a stop to it.

• Like 2

well think about your accusations.

what if the people that keep there group of trusted individuals( non hacking, non loot-piling, non loot hording individuals) to just go around and shoot zombies? or maybe go against eachother? 3 vs 3 teams or something?

Just because a server is locked, doesn't mean the players inside are out to cheat the system. The system cheats them, so they put a stop to it.

Passwording/Locking a server is against the Dayz rules.

It doesn't matter your reasons, the server should be considered for blacklisting unless the host can provide some reasoning for 'testing'

Why the trolls have come to this thread is beyond me, the OP's motivations aren't important. There is a breach of rules and there needs to be a blacklisting or an explanation.

• Like 5

Passwording/Locking a server is against the Dayz rules.

THIS.

There is really nothing more to say. Blacklist the server.

• Like 1

Funny...I saw that this server was locked and did a search on the forums "US 1357" and this is what I see ...who cares.... way too much nah nah a boo shit on this forum. Looks like there are plenty of unlocked servers for you to play on. Just click one of those and play instead of being Mr/Ms Duty Begoodright or just plain jealous. This game can be exploited so easily on a full open server, as far as looting/farming is concerned. Just pick a deer-stand, loot it, kill all the zombies, search them, hide them, walk away, come right back and all will be re-spawned for you to do again. You do not need a locked server to loot-farm items. Just play the damn game, no one likes timmy tattle even if he is right.

• Like 2

Funny...I saw that this server was locked and did a search on the forums "US 1357" and this is what I see ...who cares.... way too much nah nah a boo shit on this forum. Looks like there are plenty of unlocked servers for you to play on. Just click one of those and play instead of being Mr/Ms Duty Begoodright or just plain jealous. This game can be exploited so easily on a full open server, as far as looting/farming is concerned. Just pick a deer-stand, loot it, kill all the zombies, search them, hide them, walk away, come right back and all will be re-spawned for you to do again. You do not need a locked server to loot-farm items. Just play the damn game, no one likes timmy tattle even if he is right.

So why lock a server against the rules?

If you don't care, why are you here?

Your post is crap, even by trolling standards. I can only assume you own the server and are attempting to derail this post.

Otherwise there is a ton of posts similar to this, you should pick up your club and get to work, you've got a ton of trolling to do...

• Like 2

So why lock a server against the rules?

If you don't care, why are you here?

Your post is crap, even by trolling standards. I can only assume you own the server and are attempting to derail this post.

Otherwise there is a ton of posts similar to this, you should pick up your club and get to work, you've got a ton of trolling to do...

I think your post is crap, crap-tastic really, even by trolling standards...(wtf are trolling standards anyway)

Edited by Blackwater

LOL and once again here we are at yet another post about server admin breaking the ''rules'' yet you seem to forget they pay for it its there server they can do what they like with it and also theres like 1000 other servers you can play but i hope that all the admins lock there server`s then johny freebee cant play at all maybe then youll appreciate what you are getting for free and yes i know of theses ''rules'' about hosting and i dont care for them rocket is not paying we server admins are so suck it

• Like 2

LOL and once again here we are at yet another post about server admin breaking the ''rules'' yet you seem to forget they pay for it its there server they can do what they like with it and also theres like 1000 other servers you can play but i hope that all the admins lock there server`s then johny freebee cant play at all maybe then youll appreciate what you are getting for free and yes i know of theses ''rules'' about hosting and i dont care for them rocket is not paying we server admins are so suck it

How does any of this lead to less admin abuse?

You have also (repeatedly) missed the key point.

The server hosts pay for a server, they do not pay for Dayz.

Dayz is provided to a server based on hosts agreeing to the terms of service.

The most important part of Dayz is the hive which,

• You have no rights over
  • You do not pay for
  • Is not owned by you
  • in order to access it, you agreed to the Terms of Service

I will make it a little plainer for you

No-one on the dev team cares that you pay for a server, there are plenty of people that are willing to take your spot as an admin. They don't want your money, they want people to enjoy Dayz and it to be tested properly. The negligable amount you pay is meaningless.

If you don't want to play by the rules, you are more then welcome to get yourself blacklisted.

Please go ahead and flaunt your imaginary power, my canteen is waiting to be filled with ego-maniacal admin tears.

Edited by Graz
  • Like 3

so then hacking is OK ? awesome

So leaving your server locked is OK?

post-43802-0-83316700-1344563860_thumb.p

Edited by AADiC
  • Like 1

LOL and once again here we are at yet another post about server admin breaking the ''rules'' yet you seem to forget they pay for it its there server they can do what they like with it

You're right, they can, and DayZ support can also remove it from the Hive.

If they want a safe environment to play in, use a private Hive.

The only reason to keep a server locked is for the SA and his/her buddies to have a safe environment to collect all the loot, and then server hop and decimate other players.

• Like 3