devvz

US #1357 Locked server

You want to know what really funny? If more people "LIKE U" Would spend more time looking for the hacker and stop crying about every locked server u come across then maybe just maybe there would be less locked servers. Dont know just saying. If u care to donate we would love to have u in our testing server. But be warned it does crash alot so save your gear...

You want to know what really funny? If more people "LIKE U" Would spend more time looking for the hacker and stop crying about every locked server u come across then maybe just maybe there would be less locked servers. Dont know just saying. If u care to donate we would love to have u in our testing server. But be warned it does crash alot so save your gear...

Nah, I'll just let Community Support know about it, they are pretty good at taking care of things like this.

• Like 2

So you are admitting to locking the server?

• Like 1

I never said the server was locked! Your taking that from context.. LOL U running for office!!!

It was locked, just look at my SS above. If its not locked now, all that shows is that you unlocked it because of all the visibility you're getting

Host a server, and then you will understand why we hate other players and think that since we are paying 40-70 bucks a month that we should be able to enjoy playing fairly without dupers and hackers!

• Like 2

If you try to lock a server hosted by Vilayer, it takes 5 minutes, before you get an automated email, and your server is stopped. The server I purchased was started by some of my co-admins, and they had it locked, I got an email, and had to unlock the server to keep it running.

All servers need to abide by the rules, if your server got hacked, restart, shut down, roll back, or whatever else you want to do..... DONT LOCK IT.

ZeRo (US1675 Admin)

• Like 1

Host a server, and then you will understand why we hate other players and think that since we are paying 40-70 bucks a month that we should be able to enjoy playing fairly without dupers and hackers!

Do host a server, and like I said only reason you would lock the server for extended periods of time would be to have a easy time getting the loots!!!

• Like 1

From multiplay (the host of US 1357)

"Thank you very much for letting us know about this. Passwording servers is something that can affect our standing with the Dayz Devs very seriously so I really appreciate you informing us.

I've stopped this customers server and sent them a warning that they need to remove the password. I will be checking on the server periodically and if they continue to ignore our warnings I will suspend their service."

Thank you www.multiplaygameservers.com for sorting out this admin abuse.

You are not special for hosting a server #US 1357, hopefully you will play by the rules from now on.

• Like 3

i was not give a email and u didnt stop server it was off because u cant get the mods right

once it running ok i will open it up and it wasnt passworded

i was not give a email and u didnt stop server it was off because u cant get the mods right

once it running ok i will open it up and it wasnt passworded

I tried reading this several times?

• Like 2

No open dialogue over this?

Lock = Ban?

I have hundreds of weapons by playing fairly since April, IF I locked a server I wouldn't really gain anything - FACT.

Are people just upset because they haven't got good gear yet? Or think that the draconian server rules are perfectly legit?

Everything is so black & white, no grey. For a game in Alpha that is not good.

So yeah Alpha will b over in 3-4 months maybe less and we will be playing a live game, all this banning will be completely redundant and really pretty spiteful.

Maybe if Rocket took out the AS50, Guillie & L85 AWS we would have less duping, hell fix the duping already. But we are in Alpha, like Rocket cares now, new game is out soon all focus is on that not on an alpha version of a mod.

Edited by Karma_UK

Server abuse will continue through the game's life if it is not addressed, being alpha has no impact on people abusing administrator powers.

It is irrelevant how draconian the rules are, they are the rules that an administrator agreed to.

Rules are supposed to be clear cut and well defined, or "black & white" in your words. This makes them easy to follow and everyone knows what they are. It's when you start making a million and one exceptions to passwording your server that the rules become pointless and enforcing them is hard.

You are most correct about Alpha. The dayz team needs the right information to create an amazing game, admin abuse distorts the information.

I'm sorry to jump down your throat, it's just that this is a more serious issue then you think. When you are playing sports, how upset do you get when the umpire takes his wrath out on you????

• Like 1

From multiplay (the host of US 1357)

"Thank you very much for letting us know about this. Passwording servers is something that can affect our standing with the Dayz Devs very seriously so I really appreciate you informing us.

I've stopped this customers server and sent them a warning that they need to remove the password. I will be checking on the server periodically and if they continue to ignore our warnings I will suspend their service."

Thank you www.multiplaygameservers.com for sorting out this admin abuse.

You are not special for hosting a server #US 1357, hopefully you will play by the rules from now on.

ah so your the one who owns this service then ah i see now as your able to stop this servers service at will.......admin abuse much also you keep saying about these magic admin powers we have we have 4 at best we can lock/restart/ban/kick so there are the other powers you seem to think we have..........oh thats right in your mind and i still hope that more admins stop being used by the devs in the way. Let them pay for servers let them see how pi**ed off we are about it maybe then they will do something about it

Edited by Yuna of snakes (MEDIC)

ah so your the one who owns this service then ah i see now as your able to stop this servers service at will.......admin abuse much also you keep saying about these magic admin powers we have we have 4 at best we can lock/restart/ban/kick so there are the other powers you seem to think we have..........oh thats right in your mind and i still hope that more admins stop being used by the devs in the way. Let them pay for servers let them see how pi**ed off we are about it maybe then they will do something about it

I can't understand your post >_<

You can please edit it?

What service? What admin abuse am I doing? What magic admin powers was I talking about?

I tried to read it several times, but I would appreciate if you could structure the response for a bit more clarity.

Edit: I'm also waiting on you to tell me which servers you "administrate" :)

Edited by Graz