Skeffington

The only solution to random PvP

I've been reading a lot of threads about how people feel that there is no disincentive to killing others, and how it ruins the overall experience. I suggest then that the devs implement a system where killing another person increases your chances of getting PTSD, which brings in flashbacks of the murder and ultimately debilitates you (flashbacks last for anywhere from minutes to hours, and you are squirming and vulnerable). This would greatly discourage PvP and would unify all players.

So you want the server to record and play back every murder, of every character, across all of them?

Slightly impossible.

So you want the server to record and play back every murder' date=' of every character, across all of them?

Slightly impossible.

[/quote']

If we put a man on the moon, we can do this.

This of course assumes that ALL people would get PTSD to begin with.

Again Rocket specifically said the idea was to allow people to bind together and address the issue theselves if they wanted. Instead of having a computed algorithm do it for them.

TJ |RUS|' pid='58952' dateline='1337850330']

There should be no method EVER placed in game to discourage PvP' date=' if you don't want to die, go hide in the forest.

[/quote']

Exactly.. Its the constant threat of losing everything that keeps me coming back, Ive been alive now for 24 hours!!! and I have IMO the best guns in game with 8 mags and map/gps.. feels amazing. I know I could lose it all at any point IF im stupid.

EH this wasn't a serious thread I was extremely bored and I agree that PvP is what makes this game. With zombies you can keep running and running but when it comes to other players you need to make tougher decisions and watch your back. However I do feel like there should be some sort of incentive to help others. Maybe in a future version the humanity levels will be more integral to the experience. Not some cheesy buff like 5% improved accuracy. Maybe some sort of side objectives (yes it's a survival sandbox but it wouldn't hurt to try since it's still in alpha) that require teamwork and has some sort of reward that people would want to achieve.

Check his other threads, probably just a troll. Don't bother being serious with this guy.

I don't see anymore fun in this mod, every time i try to play as this mod supposed to be played, some fucktard show up from somewhere and just shoot me and brag about how he's raping the corps while i'm spawning .... then oh ya all what i did in the last few hours just gone, seriously how u people think that it's going to attract anyone to play?! its just waste of time !! and screw collecting, discovering, surviving ...etc and every goal the mod were created for !!!!

solution for PVP is u can add two teams to join one for bandits and other for survivors, make some safe zones bandits can't enter and same for survivors, different zones for spawning for both sides like bandits in north, survivors in south ..etc.

crash how exactly do you think shit would go down in real life. (I heard there was really really easy game called COD you might want to check it out). FYI there is no goal its a create your own goal type of mod.

In a zombie apocalypse there is no side.

Comon dude, don't compare this to real life .... its far awaaaay for what would happen in real life, plus COD is not for ppl like me its for ppl who want PVP they can just show their awesome killing skills there with their noobtubes away from us, what im trying to say is this is RPG mod not PVP u got it? if everyone want it PVP then why developers waste time in creating spawning points for zombies or cars..etc?! why they just don't put loads of weapons everywhere and ppl can just shoot each others and feed up their blood thirst ?

Whats missing from this game is mechanics that gives people individual specialties, bandits/survivors might start seeing the benefits of being relaxed towards random PvP.

And if the specialties were activated with an item through a special slot, then it would prevent bandits just wanting to accumulate them all.

If no one wants to play this game than why has the sales of Arma2 gone up by like 500% since this mod came out? If you don't like it go play some other game like L4D or something.

why has the sales of Arma2 gone up by like 500% since this mod came out?

prove it , also is it a same thing everyone say when anyone try to criticize something wrong in ARMA .... same reply just go play COD or BF3 !!! i'm big fan of Arma serious, all what im trying to do here is asking for rules to play to stop the random PVP which rune the fun of the game, this is most easy way to explain what i want hope u guys understand!

I don't see anymore fun in this mod' date=' every time i try to play as this mod supposed to be played, some fucktard show up from somewhere and just shoot me and brag about how he's raping the corps while i'm spawning .... then oh ya all what i did in the last few hours just gone, seriously how u people think that it's going to attract anyone to play?! its just waste of time !! and screw collecting, discovering, surviving ...etc and every goal the mod were created for !!!!

[/quote']

That's the whole point of the game, and one of it's strongest selling points. Maybe YOU are not attracted to permadeath games, but looking at the size of the DayZ community, I guess there are many people out there who are.

Comon dude' date=' don't compare this to real life .... its far awaaaay for what would happen in real life[/quote']

People want social interactions to be somewhat how that would be in life. Even still it is WAAAAAY off from real life, it's still nice to try to get to some acceptable point right?

' date=' plus COD is not for ppl like me its for ppl who want PVP they can just show their awesome killing skills there with their noobtubes away from us, what im trying to say is this is RPG mod not PVP u got it? if everyone want it PVP then why developers waste time in creating spawning points for zombies or cars..etc?! why they just don't put loads of weapons everywhere and ppl can just shoot each others and feed up their blood thirst ?

[/quote']

Because there are a lot of people who have non-PvP experiences. The game is not PVP, the game is a survival game set in a post-apolcalyptic zombie-infested world. Society has turned to shit, so people are not limited by society in their options. As people are pressed harder to survive, they will do more reckless and dangerous things.

What you seem to want to play is some sort of Left 4 Dead in a big open world. You better go complaining in the Left 4 Dead forums why their game is so small. It's the same thing as complaining here about PvP. PvP is not a byproduct, the social interactions from PvP are what attracted me to the game.

edit: and here is your proof:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/17/day-z-mod-drives-arma-2-sales-up-500/

DayZ is succesful as it is unlike any other game. If you want DayZ to look more like , then just play .

crash how exactly do you think shit would go down in real life.

In real-life disasters' date=' most people don't kill other people on sight from hundreds of meters away. People aren't always armed, either, and not everyone is carrying useful supplies, which means if you were to shoot some random person you might not even get anything out of it. Neither modern Somalia nor the Wild West circa 1880 were no-holds-barred deathmatches where people shot each other left and right to loot their corpses. The unrealistic aspects of the game already strongly benefit shooting anyone you see.

(I heard there was really really easy game called COD you might want to check it out).

I would say the same to people who feel that shooting everything that moves is the way to go.

On steam it shows that Arma II is one of the top selling games again. I personally love the pvp in this game. It's nice to be able to kill anyone as you wish. If I'm low on supplies and I see someone. Of course I'm going to kill them for it.

It would make sense to suggest another game if you're complaining about one game wouldnt it?

The only way to avoid PVP is that zombies were so scary that you would preffer not to shoot your gun because of how many of them would come after hearing your shooting.