TheMachine

Every kill in DayZ is fair

Why does everyone want so much hand holding in DayZ?

Wah wah, give me safe zones, wah wah, let us have agreements where we can't shoot each other, wah wah wah, the tears pour.

There's no such thing as camping.

There's no such thing as griefing.

There's no such thing as right or wrong.

There's no such thing as abuse.

It's always fair if you were killed, it's your fault.

You have the same chance as everyone else.

People just want easy mode, they want it safe.

Hell if they had their way there'd be a button that said 'PVP MODE' and they'd flick it on and off when they felt like it.

Ok how was this fair ?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54367-30-dayz-alive-killed-by-hacker/#entry519841

I think some of your argument is right but saying every kill is fair is flawed.

Dumbest thread ever.

Me and my friend sitting on top of the highest building in Cherno today. Killed a guy up there; he took his 50. Cal sniper. I had my M4A1. We;re doing well at this point just need to grab some food.

Friend kills a guy with the sniper in a ghillie suit not too far from our position. I go to investigate. Climbing down the ladder i hear a silenced pistol taking out zombies below me. Get off on a platform and wait. Tell my freind (still on the highest building in Cherno completely hidden from anyone else). A loud crack (Winchester possibly?) and i'm dead. My freind hears footsteps; nobodies spawned up top but he can hear crouch walking... From below... Like they're popping their head round the corner; or getting into position. Next thing you know a silenced pistol goes off; straight headshot. My friend also now dead.

You think it's fair that some hacker managed to position or spawn himself in the building we we're on top of? Then proceed to kill us through the walls?

Or do i have to tell you the story where i was teleported against my own will to a place with 15 or-so other players and blown up before i could even take out my AK-47 upon loading into the server?

Wah wah, give me safe zones, wah wah, let us have agreements where we can't shoot each other, wah wah wah, the tears pour.

Hell if they had their way there'd be a button that said 'PVP MODE' and they'd flick it on and off when they felt like it.

Give me a reason to survive.

Wrong. No kill in this game is ever fair.

And that is perfectly fine. It shouldn't be fair, because it rarely is in reality too. I wouldn't have it any other way, and I don't even shoot people.

Troll!

Why do people whine about whining?

Why do people whine about suggestions?

Why do people start these threats about other peoples opinions, every goddamn day?

"QQ some more"

"If you don't like reading suggestions GTFO, go read Lucky Luke"

Edited by CLewis

Guest cRy

Troll!

You and your douchey, care bears friends, are the trolls. Half the hackers are just players "fed" up with the KoS mentality.QQ some more, moron.

• Like 1

you made an account just to say that?

Yes and I think anyone else in my position should have done the same for the sake of humanity.

Dumbest thread ever.

Me and my friend sitting on top of the highest building in Cherno today. Killed a guy up there; he took his 50. Cal sniper. I had my M4A1. We;re doing well at this point just need to grab some food.

Friend kills a guy with the sniper in a ghillie suit not too far from our position. I go to investigate. Climbing down the ladder i hear a silenced pistol taking out zombies below me. Get off on a platform and wait. Tell my freind (still on the highest building in Cherno completely hidden from anyone else). A loud crack (Winchester possibly?) and i'm dead. My freind hears footsteps; nobodies spawned up top but he can hear crouch walking... From below... Like they're popping their head round the corner; or getting into position. Next thing you know a silenced pistol goes off; straight headshot. My friend also now dead.

You think it's fair that some hacker managed to position or spawn himself in the building we we're on top of? Then proceed to kill us through the walls?

Or do i have to tell you the story where i was teleported against my own will to a place with 15 or-so other players and blown up before i could even take out my AK-47 upon loading into the server?

Dumbest post ever.

Edited by AS50_is_the_new_makarov

You and your douchey, care bears friends, are the trolls. Half the hackers are just players "fed" up with the KoS mentality.QQ some more, moron.

Is it now the "carebears" who are doing the KoS'ing? And the cause of hackers? That I did not know. You seem to have misunderstood something...

I do agree it's fair in that we all spawn on the beach with nothing. I detest the self righteous way some bandits try justify their behavior, I'd have moderately more respect for them if they manned up and just said they get kicks out of screwing people over on the coast. I can't say that is the wrong way to play the game, it is a sandbox after all. It is frustrating though, the game offers so much in terms of divergent gameplay, yet most encounters are reduced to two possible outcomes because of what i assume are mostly maladjusted pre-pubescants sucking everyone down to the lowest common denominator for the instant gratification of what is essentially in the game a meaningless kill.

• Like 2

I do agree it's fair in that we all spawn on the beach with nothing. I detest the self righteous way some bandits try justify their behavior, I'd have moderately more respect for them if they manned up and just said they get kicks out of screwing people over on the coast. I can't say that is the wrong way to play the game, it is a sandbox after all. It is frustrating though, the game offers so much in terms of divergent gameplay, yet most encounters are reduced to two possible outcomes because of what i assume are mostly maladjusted pre-pubescants sucking everyone down to the lowest common denominator for the instant gratification of what is essentially in the game a meaningless kill.

People like you always talk about killing people on the coast I dont get it ive spawned loads of times never got killed on the coast never heard of anyone getting killed on the coast. Is that really such an issue? Getting off the coast and arming yourself is easy and quick to do and from that point onwards its a fair fight anyone even a hatchet guy can be dangerous in a city.

If you kill someone for his gear and to survive at your own (like my team) it's ok. If you just go prone under a freakin pinetree and snipe new spawned guys at Cherno and the beach (sometimes they're not even armed and get killed too!), you're just a noob yourself. That has nothing to to with being a bandit. Its just "ohh, im so bored, I have to kill some useless guys which try having fun".

So they are noobs. But they will get target practice from it and become better players in the end while everyone else is running around for hours and they will not know how to shoot when they have to.

People like you always talk about killing people on the coast I dont get it ive spawned loads of times never got killed on the coast never heard of anyone getting killed on the coast. Is that really such an issue? Getting off the coast and arming yourself is easy and quick to do and from that point onwards its a fair fight anyone even a hatchet guy can be dangerous in a city.

I find that hard to believe, on a populated server there are literally bodies littering the beach and road. I don't remember the last time I've been to balota and not heard flies to find multiple unarmed corpses with flashlights and coyotes. The first thing I do when entering elektro is go up the hill overlooking the powerstation, half the time there is a sniper taking pot shots into the city from there with absolutely no intention of ever going down there to loot what is mostly axes, makarovs and crappy coyote bags.

Sniping fresh spawns on the coast using a high-powered military grade rifle, while the other person can only turn his flashlight on and off. Yeah, sounds fair bro.

I find that hard to believe, on a populated server there are literally bodies littering the beach and road. I don't remember the last time I've been to balota and not heard flies to find multiple unarmed corpses with flashlights and coyotes. The first thing I do when entering elektro is go up the hill overlooking the powerstation, half the time there is a sniper taking pot shots into the city from there with absolutely no intention of ever going down there to loot what is mostly axes, makarovs and crappy coyote bags.

Most if not all those flies and bodies are from people respawning, now that there is no more respawn you will not see such things. As to the second part of what you said I shall not even respond to that because its too silly.

Sniping fresh spawns on the coast using a high-powered military grade rifle, while the other person can only turn his flashlight on and off. Yeah, sounds fair bro.

You are literally dumb as fuck.

Ok, ill point out all the retarded things about what you said. First of all sniping at the coast probably almost never happens. Imagine trying to do it lol. so u have to pick one of the many spawn locations and than you sit there and once every 2 hours someone spawns at your location the kill is meaningless since you get nothing out of it.Now imagine being the victim, so you spawn get sniped and erm... where the fuck is the big deal???? If it happened to me id literally not give the smallest fuck since you can either just spawn in a different location or change servers.

• Like 1

Fair doesn't matter. I'll kill you in the game just because I see you, and same with other people. People complaining about others not working together should stop, this is the game, if you don't like it don't play.

• Like 1

Most if not all those flies and bodies are from people respawning, now that there is no more respawn you will not see such things. As to the second part of what you said I shall not even respond to that because its too silly.

You are literally dumb as fuck.

Ok, ill point out all the retarded things about what you said. First of all sniping at the coast probably almost never happens. Imagine trying to do it lol. so u have to pick one of the many spawn locations and than you sit there and once every 2 hours someone spawns at your location the kill is meaningless since you get nothing out of it.Now imagine being the victim, so you spawn get sniped and erm... where the fuck is the big deal???? If it happened to me id literally not give the smallest fuck since you can either just spawn in a different location or change servers.

Yeah if you get sniped with nothing, you lose nothing.If he means snipers at coast cities, he already made the mistake of entering a city and expecting safety.

It just sucks when you shoot at a helicopter, it runs away, then 2 minutes later you drop to the group for no reason in a veteran server hidden in a place where no one was.

You Are Dead

YES plz...

were do i sign up !!!

No such thing as abuse? Damn, hackers and dupers have it easy, with as many as there are, i'm sure Battleye agrees with you.

• Like 1

if it isn't hard to get food from a super market, it shouldn't be hard to start over, and it isn't, you can get fully armed in about 20 minutes and be back north, so stop whining.

The second anyone resorts to using "QQ, Whine, Crying" or any other similar words, they've instantly invalidated anything they posted.

There's a big difference between "whining" and criticising something in the community which destroys the entire point of the game. The fact you think it's about how fast you can gear up shows you have absolutely no idea what the actual issue is here, please refrain smearing your shitty excuses of a post on this forum from now on.

Who cares why they kill?

It's always fair.

You have the same chance to kill them.

You're just a broken record and aren't bringing up any points to actually back up your opinion, so there's no point in even trying with you.

Fairness isn't the point people are making with the ridiculous amount of bandits.

Edited by Flameo
  • Like 3

The concepts you are using are defined and thus, they exist. And they happen in this game. Some people support them, some people frown upon them. But you are wrong by saying "There's no such thing as X".

I will assume you tried to say that "It's not wrong to do X" in which case again, it's all a matter of personal taste. There is no right answer.

Edited by necroslord
  • Like 1

No such thing as abuse? Damn, hackers and dupers have it easy, with as many as there are, i'm sure Battleye agrees with you.

Holy shit you are pretty retarded. Abuse in game has NOTHING to due with hacking, the amount of idiots that have mentioned hacking in this thread is overwhelming. Hackers modify the game entirely, they create their own version of the game where they can interact with people playing the actual game. Dude you are unbelievably stupid thinking that when the OP was talking about things in the game he was thinking about hackers, they are a whole separate issue and quite a simple one too they simply should all be eradicated or forced to eat each other. Its pretty motherfucking obvious that when someone is talking about fairness in the game he means people playing the actual game not the hackers who as I mention before should fucking die.

• Like 1

Holy shit you are pretty retarded.
No. He's not.

The OP clearly stated that there was no such thing as abuse, and every death was fair. Since hackers cause the majority of deaths in this game (the VAST majority in my experience), AND since we all seem to agree that hacking is “abuse”, how are either of those statements valid?

The whole premise of this thread is wrong. There ARE abuses. There ARE unfair deaths. There is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ in the context of this game. It's not just hacking either. There are many exploits to this game.

It might be valid to say “Have patience, since this is an alpha of a free mod”, but it's a bit foolish to claim that these problems don't exist.

No. He's not.

The OP clearly stated that there was no such thing as abuse, and every death was fair. Since hackers cause the majority of deaths in this game (the VAST majority in my experience), AND since we all seem to agree that hacking is “abuse”, how are either of those statements valid?

The whole premise of this thread is wrong. There ARE abuses. There ARE unfair deaths. There is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ in the context of this game. It's not just hacking either. There are many exploits to this game.

It might be valid to say “Have patience, since this is an alpha of a free mod”, but it's a bit foolish to claim that these problems don't exist.

Can you seriously not wrap your tiny mind around the fact that in this discussion hackers are completely out of the equation?? Yes of course they are an issue and a big one and NO ONE FUCKING said otherwise however when talking about the fairness in the actual game you can ignore them. Like holy shit use your fucking brain you think when people are balancing a game they are gonna say "well hurp drup gosh darns it wes has not balanced game cuz haxors can exist and its breaks it :o", NO! they will treat the two SEPARATE they will balance the game for those playing without hacks and than SEPARATELY adress the issue of hackers by trying to simply reduce the amount of them at no point in time will they say: "hmm but wow :o what if we have a hacker in this situation". I shall repeat the point for the fourth time for you numbskulls Hackers are a whole different issue here. Also use brain before post please...