-SA-Vanguard

Why break what wasn't broken?

This thread is just a simple rundown of what needs changing in Day Z and why.

Current positives

-Loot works well and fine

-Guns work fine

-Status ailments (broken bones, bleeding etc.) are all fine

-Vehicles work and repair fine

Current negatives

-Side chat is gone. There's a balance between gameplay and realism and it's weighted towards the latter rather than the former. There is VERY little interaction with players anymore, everyone just murders everyone they see and it's completely shit to be honest. Bring back side chat so I can get immersed in the game, communicate with it's players and have a better time. Removing side chat took away a lot of the social aspect of the game.

-Spawning with no equipment is stupid. People keep complaining that zombies are too hard, so what happens? New players get their guns and basic supplies taken away. Why? Now people just get murdered as soon as they get anywhere and they have no way to defend themselves. Give us back our basic equipment, at least people won't be deathmatching quite as much. Nobody likes getting broken legs and having a disabled respawn button either..

-RE ENABLE THE RESPAWN BUTTON. What is the purpose in disabling it? Every time people spawn in a shit place like Kamenka they just get zombies to kill them anyway. Now we've gotta run 10 minutes just to die? It's retarded.

-Find a way to stop stupid clans hogging ALL of the vehicles. They take them, hide them off the map and nobody ever gets to see them again.

These are just a few simple suggestions to stop the deathmatching, improve the social aspect of the game and make it a bit easier for newbies. As it stands now, people spawn, end up somewhere horrible, run to zombies and get killed and do it over and over. Then they get killed by someone with a powerful weapon camping somewhere and they can't even return fire.

Make the game how it was 6 weeks ago, everyone liked it better.

Edited by -SA-Vanguard
  • Like 1

The side chat kind of had to go, because griefers could just sit there and read where they were going. What would be cool to see if you could get a radio and go into a radio chat and speak to people. But only if they have a radio.

• Like 2

please stop being selfish and use the search bar. there are countless threads about this.

This thread is just a simple rundown of what needs changing in Day Z and why.

Current positives

-Loot works well and fine

-Guns work fine

-Status ailments (broken bones, bleeding etc.) are all fine

-Vehicles work and repair fine

Current negatives

-Side chat is gone. There's a balance between gameplay and realism and it's weighted towards the latter rather than the former. There is VERY little interaction with players anymore, everyone just murders everyone they see and it's completely shit to be honest. Bring back side chat so I can get immersed in the game, communicate with it's players and have a better time. Removing side chat took away a lot of the social aspect of the game.

^ Super mega agreed. It's been annoying just having to blast everyone I see.

-Spawning with no equipment is stupid. People keep complaining that zombies are too hard, so what happens? New players get their guns and basic supplies taken away. Why? Now people just get murdered as soon as they get anywhere and they have no way to defend themselves. Give us back our basic equipment, at least people won't be deathmatching quite as much. Nobody likes getting broken legs and having a disabled respawn button either..

No it's fun. Stop being such a bitch and run your ass east to the apartments and find a good sidearm easily.

-RE ENABLE THE RESPAWN BUTTON. What is the purpose in disabling it? Every time people spawn in a shit place like Kamenka they just get zombies to kill them anyway. Now we've gotta run 10 minutes just to die? It's retarded.

I actually don't even know why it was removed. I know they are allowing it for broken bones and shit.

-Find a way to stop stupid clans hogging ALL of the vehicles. They take them, hide them off the map and nobody ever gets to see them again.

Those clans are using hacking. Report them and be on your way. Vehicles are useless anyway.

These are just a few simple suggestions to stop the deathmatching, improve the social aspect of the game and make it a bit easier for newbies. As it stands now, people spawn, end up somewhere horrible, run to zombies and get killed and do it over and over. Then they get killed by someone with a powerful weapon camping somewhere and they can't even return fire.

Make the game how it was 6 weeks ago, everyone liked it better.

This testing phase is being used to try different mechanics and ideas. Things will come, things will go. Just because respawning has been removed doesn't mean it'll stay that way. They want to see what effect it has on player behaviour. Sandbags and wire fences were put in purely to see how people acted with them and what patterns emerged.

Also, you do know that vehicles can't be stored off the map any more right? If I want one I just go and find one of their camps. It's easier than fixing it up yourself and is usually full of top end gear.

I'm not interested in any of this "OH RUN INLAND AND GET YOURSELF SOME GOOD STUFF NOOB". I can run into Cherno and get a gun easy, BUT IT DOESN'T STOP DEATHMATCHING.

As for the "side chat had to go", no it didn't. No it didn't at all. If people were saying "oh I'm going here, come meet me", then it's their fault and the rest of us shouldn't take shit for it. We want side chat back.

And I care little for the "oh, there's a million threads about this". Perhaps I wanted to start my own. Problem?

Edited by -SA-Vanguard

And I care little for the "oh, there's a million threads about this". Perhaps I wanted to start my own. Problem?

The problem is all your post does is bump the countless number of threads people have already replied to with both positives and negatives regarding your idea. Now you expect everyone to waste their time and do it all over again. It is annoying to say the least. Because this thread has been covered on several occasions, you are more likely to get troll posts that are of no use to you or the idea you presented, further wasting everyone's time by having to read through all the BS replies you receive. Eventually your thread will die and not get any attention from people who actually can fix issues within the game. If you had, along with everyone else who created a post revolving around this idea, replied to the first thread that was relevant to what you are suggesting, that post would probably have over 200 pages of replies right now, would remain on the first page as a hot topic, and would likely get the attention it deserves from the dev team. All you have done is make it more difficult for the devs to track the pros and cons from removing, or reimplementing your suggestion. Additionally you are bumping suggestions posted in the forums farther down the list, some good, some bad, but all trying to make the game better. Some great ideas may have been bumped just far enough that they will not be read at all, and now the standalone/final version of the game will suffer as a result.

Thanks.

Edited by Zipper -82ndAB-
  • Like 2

The problem is all your post does is bump the countless number of threads people have already replied to with both positives and negatives regarding your idea. Now you expect everyone to waste their time and do it all over again. It is annoying to say the least. Because this thread has been covered on several occasions, you are more likely to get troll posts that are of no use to you or the idea you presented, further wasting everyone's time by having to read through all the BS replies you receive. Eventually your thread will die and not get any attention from people who actually can fix issues within the game. If you had, along with everyone else who created a post revolving around this idea, replied to the first thread that was relevant to what you are suggesting, that post would probably have over 200 pages of replies right now, would remain on the first page as a hot topic, and would likely get the attention it deserves from the dev team. All you have done is make it more difficult for the devs to track the pros and cons from removing, or reimplementing your suggestion. Additionally you are bumping suggestions posted in the forums father down the list, some good, some bad, but all trying to make the game better. Some great ideas may have been bumped just far enough that they will not be read at all, and now the standalone/final version of the game will suffer as a result.

Thanks.

So stop reading and go somewhere else.

The side chat kind of had to go, because griefers could just sit there and read where they were going. What would be cool to see if you could get a radio and go into a radio chat and speak to people. But only if they have a radio.

I played on a side chat server a few days ago. I was killed twice by griefers, but I still made a half dozen friends who didn't kill me.

Side chat is unrealistic but it's a videogame and people like to socialize while playing videogames. Make side chat a server variable and end-user toggable. Server administrators can enable/disable side chat as they see fit and players who don't care about side chat but don't want to see the side chat messages and toggle it off, like in Battlefield 3.

• Like 1

Let's cry about a FREE mod that's still in alpha. That'll show the devs. Don't like it, stop playing. Rocket already said repeatedly this this is his mod and its going to be made how he wants it to be. He wants all players to experience certain emotions while playing. I'd say by all your rage that he's doing a pretty good job.

Let's cry about a FREE mod that's still in alpha. That'll show the devs. Don't like it, stop playing. Rocket already said repeatedly this this is his mod and its going to be made how he wants it to be. He wants all players to experience certain emotions while playing. I'd say by all your rage that he's doing a pretty good job.

Aspergers syndrome?

I wish we could nominate threads for like "worst of the week" or something.

I started to type up a response but I realized I disagree so strongly with every single word in your post that it was just going to take too long, so instead I'm just going to have a beer and hope this turd of a thread falls off the front page before it gets any bigger.

• Like 2

The respawn button was removed because it created large server loads by people spamming it to get to good locations. The waiting for character to create and overly long loading text? That was in no small part because of people respawning. You are a survivor anyway, you dont have a choice of where you begin your story. Kamenka has a trail of six deer stands to loot in relative safety, what makes you think it's a shit place?

• Like 1

So stop reading and go somewhere else.

I think zipper is saying that because of you its harder to know that the community wants these things back. Correct me if im wrong.

• Like 1

As much as I hate DM'ing it's just gonna be part of the game, I doubt they can do anything about it, players gonna kill, and I doubt giving a player a weapon to start with would decrease that, the way I work is if they have no weapon at all, I let them go or maybe even help them :D If they have an Axe I let them pass but if they have a weapon I will most likely shoot them which I had to do countless times, even asking " friendly " before doing so. ( Maybe if they started with a melee weapon? )

I know what you mean with the Respawn button and Bribase above me explains why it was removed.

Kamenka isn't a shitty town lol it's got Deer Stands and it's not a highly populated place, so no DM'ing over there often.

Though the main thing I agree with you on is the side channel. ( Maybe disable it on Veteran servers or something? )

As long as i can respawn when i have less than 3000 blood (id rather die than search for matches if i don't have them yet to get cooked meat) and when i have a broken leg, then i'm happy. respawning over and over to get to a good location is a waste of server load, no questions asked. I would very much like to have side chat back. DayZ at the moment is a harcore game of LONERS unless you are playing in a clan and i'm getting tired of playing as a mute. it would be nice to simply chat in game, never mind the game mechanics.

I totally disagree with having weapons at the spawn. i think rather than weapons they should just impliment a proper melee system into the standalone where you can twat zombies across the head to knock them over (dealing very little damage) just so you have time to run away while they get back up again. It does suck being totally defenceless, but having weapons at the spawn kind of takes the piss.

If a clan has managed to repair and claim all the vehicles on a server, kudos to them, they earned it fair and square. if you want it, better go find where they left it and steal it.

More weapons => less violence, is that the logic? I don't see how beeing armed from the start would prevent deathmatching.

Besides, being a survival game, DayZ should deliver the survival experience while being unarmed AT LEAST at some early stage, right?

• Like 2

Why is it that because I make a few suggestions to make the game MORE FUN that I'm "crying"? You arrogant pricks with the sarcy posts can take your negative shit replies and shove them up your ass.

Anyone with a properly structured reply, thank you.

I'm not crying. I still really like the game, I just liked it more with the suggested features in place...

I hate people like you, if you don't like it fuck off. Its a realistic game, can't take the realism FUCK OFF

Hate you too you ignorant scumsucker.

Edited by -SA-Vanguard

Why is it that because I make a few suggestions to make the game MORE FUN that I'm "crying"? You arrogant pricks with the sarcy posts can take your negative shit replies and shove them up your ass.

I'm not crying. I still really like the game, I just liked it more with the suggested features in place...

You sound like a real douchebag :)

Yeah well when every other person on the internet is a dick you lose your patience with them after a while lol. Get the same old shitty replies from people, "OMG STOP CRYING" and the like.

Edited by -SA-Vanguard

This got fixed, quite some time ago by Ander. Any vehicles/tents off the map for more than a few hours despawn. Remember to read the stickies in this section, they tell you to use the search feature, which would alleviate some of your grief if actually used.

• Like 2

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love starting without any (or little) equipment. In fact it's probably the thing I like best with the game. It just tells you that you've got to take this shit serious. You can't just run and gun. I love that. The whole point is the spine tingeling adventure you'll have to endure to actually get your priceless equipment.

However, I would love the game to be more social, and reward cooperation to a larger extent.

• Like 1

Your version of fun is another version of annoyance to other people. You are Saying if you dont like my opinion then you are the worst person on the entire planet.