OldFox (DayZ)

Banned from Eu8 for russian language

I was playing on server yesterday and saw that many of players banned for russian language. I thought maybe that is mistake but then i was banned too. My friend on the server said that i has typed message in russian ("Здравствуйте - Hello"). But i swear that i didnt wrote this message in to chat.

Mb it's new way to clear the server for clan members, idk.

Sorry for bad language.

Well, just kicked for 1 message? Without any warning?

This world is crazy %)

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO EXCESS KEYS OR MODS

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you' date=' as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.[/b']

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Well' date=' just kicked for 1 message? Without any warning?

This world is crazy %)

[/quote']

Yeah, and again i didnt wrote this massage :huh:

somthing doesnt add up either you didnt just say hello or the server admin is corrupt

Got to thank the admin though. Way too many Russians spread out on other non-RU servers, causing pure Russian havoc and a general pain in the ass. No foreign language or ban, pls.

• Like 1

I hate how this happens all the time.

If your average server admin wasn't a complete idiot, they might have read the post stating they are not allowed to do this!

Someone's server is going to get made an example of.

somthing doesnt add up either you didnt just say hello or the server admin is corrupt

Idk, i joined to the server and minute later i was banned :dodgy:

Got to thank the admin though. Way too many Russians spread out on other non-RU servers' date=' causing pure Russian havoc and a general pain in the ass. No foreign language or ban, pls.

[/quote']

you are what is wrong with people in this game im far from russian but seriously ?

thats like saying stay off the US servers CDN servers south american servers RU servers and only stick to your UK server then cause the uk BS that spreads around wouldnt you take that quite offenseivly ?

its funny the only hacking really happening that is rampant is on UK or RU servers hmm

• Like 1

I'm suprised this hasn't happened before. Do you realize how much hatred there is for Russians at the moment?

We can't understand the speach, it doesn't even use the alphabet! That combined with the enormous amount of Russian players spread across all the servers is a big source of racism. The imminent request to use English in chat is often greated with anti-American slurs immediately.

I personally don't think it's not a bad rule to enforce English in the chat. I've had to teach myself to use this language on the web, why don't you?

You really didn't say hello, it was your character...That is a Arma 2 thing. If you accidently give an "order" you can read it in the chat. And if you have your game language in Russian it will say it in Russian.

I'm suprised this hasn't happened before. Do you realize how much hatred there is for Russians at the moment?

We can't understand the speach' date=' it doesn't even use the alphabet! That combined with the enormous amount of Russian players spread across all the servers is a big source of racism. The imminent request to use English in chat is often greated with anti-American slurs immediately.

I personally don't think it's not a bad rule to [i']enforce English in the chat. I've had to teach myself to use this language on the web, why don't you?

Many westerners dislike the way the majority of Russian players play the game, they play it like Call Of Duty and run around killing everyone in the cities. I was playing yesterday and some guy randomly called me a fat american in chat because I was typing English on a US server. I responded in Russian and he disconnected..

You Russians, should think twice before talking that russian shit language(No Offence) in sidechat/global or group chat, its annoying as hell, When i join a US server, i expect the chat bee in english, not russian.

1. This is very likely backlash because Russian admins are notorious -- whether the accusation is warranted or not -- for banning non-Russian players. Non-Russian administrators do the idiotic thing, which is to punish Russian players for the (rumoured) bad behaviour of Russian administrators.

2. It may be that the admin was kinda dull. As XiviD pointed out, if you're the one designated group leader, you will spam orders. You will give orders to other players in whatever language pack they have installed. If I was to play by myself with 10 Russian players, my character would generate automatic orders to those ten players in Russian, regardless of the language I have installed, or the language I speak.

Not all russians can speak and understand english well. There are so many players from russia, but not enough servers to play (or maybe night time on RU). Yep, when i plaing on non RU servers (btw i never play on RU xD) i speak english. But punish people for dont have good knowledge of english? I think this is really bad thing.

And yes, my arma client uses russian as order language... so when i connecting i see side orders some times on russian.

• Like 1

y'know... I have read this post and shook my head at the sheer ignorance in some of the comments!!!

I know, I know... if the server states English only chat, then technically you can be banned for posting anything foreign.

buuuuuuuut... I don't speak or understand Russian... but at the same time I do not expect or force my language upon anyone that doesn't understand english.

It's exactly the same if someone is typing in chat in English and it's nothing of interest to me... I ignore it.

Same as any foreign chatter, not just Russian.

Why all the Russian haters??? I see plenty people chatting in German, French, Portuguese... etc

Spread a little love peeps!

• Like 1

I've tried to contact the owner/admin of the server in an attempt to bring light to this thread, it's difficult.

y'know... I have read this post and shook my head at the sheer ignorance in some of the comments!!!

I know' date=' I know... if the server states English only chat, then technically you can be banned for posting anything foreign.

buuuuuuuut... I don't speak or understand Russian... but at the same time I do not expect or force my language upon anyone that doesn't understand english.

It's exactly the same if someone is typing in chat in English and it's nothing of interest to me... I ignore it.

Same as any foreign chatter, not just Russian.

Why all the Russian haters??? I see plenty people chatting in German, French, Portuguese... etc

Spread a little love peeps!

[/quote']

Because sadly some people, including Russians are still stuck in 1980's.

Why all the Russian haters??? I see plenty people chatting in German' date=' French, Portuguese... etc

[/quote']

Don't know. I don't really care, I see Russians on my server all the time, and zero fucks are given. They're already playing with a handicap, namely a hampered ability to form groups and communicate. If one of them wants to fly up a flag with the harmless question "русски?", then guess who doesn't care? I'll give you a hint. This guy.

Problem players are treated like problem players, regardless of the language they speak.

Isn't racism against server policy set?

Define 'racism' please.

The term itself is derogatory' date=' for it assumes there are different races.

Language has nothing to do with racism. Especially not when we're talking about the global lingua franca. This is the 21st century, you shouldn't be on the internet if you don't want to use English. It's already a mandatory language in schools all over Europe.

Isn't racism against server policy set?

Define 'racism' please.

The term itself is derogatory' date=' for it assumes there are different races.

Language has nothing to do with racism. Especially not when we're talking about the global lingua franca. This is the 21st century, you shouldn't be on the internet if you don't want to use English. It's already a mandatory language in schools all over Europe.

If they don't want to speak English who the fuck cares. Ignore, you cannot ban someone because you're a racist cunt and oppose his language.