Supersnuten

Is Camo Clothing still bugged?

Hey!

Just found some Camo Clothing by a crashed helicopter but I don't dare to put it on. Is it still bugged so you die/teleport if you equip it?

Cheerio!

I put on a ghillie suit yesterday and ended up ok. I removed my backpack first just in case, but my rifle and inventory items didn't vanish.

I'm wearing camo from a crashside, nothing happened since then. Only the debug monitor will reset until relog, no backpack despawn or inventoryvanish.

Yes.

Essentially, what DayZ does is get rid of your "old" character and replace it. Currently, a lot of feedback is that in this case, it drops your backpack and it disappears.

I would carry the clothing somewhere safe, drop the backpack somewhere safe, don the clothes, wait for the model to settle in, then grab my backpack again.

Camo in 1.7.2.5 ate my ALICE pack and gave me back my Coyote Patrol Pack. The first 8 items of my ALICE pack were still in the Coyote Pack, the other 12 items were gone.

So yea, remove your backpack before putting on the camo clothing and pray to God the pack is still there on the ground when you pop back to where you were.

Edited by Applejuice

YES IT'S BUGGED!!!!!

I put some on last night and lost my Alice back pack and all the stuff in it

It gave me a Basic bag instead....

And tbh I'm not to impressed at how "camouflaged" it looks...... It has short sleeves?

But I was playing in the dark soooo haven't seen it properly yet in the light.

probably wanna drop your back pack to be safe before you equip, my brother couple hours ago after dieing gets camo and has not once had this bug and then boom lol backpack gone ;)

my friend found one yesterday and one today, Yesterday he was teleported into the ocean and he said there was a load of other people swimming around in the ocean, The one today spawned him in just a plain green graphiced field where other people was just stood there, obviously others that had tried putting on clothes, Yes they still bugged.

I found one at a downed heli, put it on and it worked, didn't remove my bag or anything.

But you may as well remove your bag first just in case, also it doesn't even look that good

I found 2x camo'd clothing yesterday had to kill a guy to get to the chopper first but yea it worked perfectly fine for me :)

So far I've put on a Gillie and did not remove my pack, I didn't get any problems. I have a camo clothing in my inventory now which I'll put on when I'm next playing.

By the way the Cammo looks blurry unless you have the BAF DLC then it is sharp and pretty.

I found a Ghillie last night and wore it asap, it worked like charm :) only thing is that now I occasionally get teleported to debug plains when I login..

Thanks for all the answers! I did as many of you said I should, I dropped my bag before putting it on.

After I put it on I picked up my alice bag and as I did, another alice bag dropped to the ground. I guess it got duped?

I took a look in my equiped bag, everything was there. I took a look in the other bag just to see if the content of the bag also got duped, it didn't.

But 5 sec after I looked in the bag I got kicked from the server (something with battle eye), but I could log onto another without problem.

From my experience, when you put on new clothing it's like the game teleports you into the water/ocean and that causes you to drop your backpack just like when you go to deep into any water.

So, I'd recommend like a few others have above me to drop the backpack, put on the camo/ghillie and then pick up the backpack.

Still bugged, backpack reset to starting pack.

FYI, just lost my ALICE pack when putting on a new-found ghillie.

I was unable to loot anything at all when wearing a ghillie. Couldn't even pick up my own backpack.

When I put it on it also creates a starting backpack, even if I don't have a backpack equipped.

As for now, every piece of clothing I found did either:

-) reset my backpack to the starting Patrol pack (equip clothing while wearing backpack)

-) spawn an empty version of the backpack I was wearing on my char

So, yeah, definitely still bugged but it doesn't happen always - friend of mine encountered neither when he equipped his ghillie.

Had no problems with Ghillie and Camo, except camo textures are super low-res. Is this normal?

I put on camo with a coyote backpack and the only difference I noticed was my stats reset until the next logon, everything was fine for me. Guess I'm just lucky :P

I usually change between civilian and camo clothing 2x per hour. It refills all my ammo. I've done it probably more than a hundred times now and never had a problem with it.

Maybe you shouldn't admit to using that exploit on the forum, but all the power to you.

Since you have no said it though, maybe you should add it to the list of ammo refill bugs over on dev-heaven or here in the bug subforum if you haven't done so already.

Maybe you shouldn't admit to using that exploit on the forum, but all the power to you.

Since you have no said it though, maybe you should add it to the list of ammo refill bugs over on dev-heaven or here in the bug subforum if you haven't done so already.

I consider it a rather harmless, but an exploit non the less. I don't deny that. It's the only one I use though.

Regarding reporting it, I'm pretty sure it's already been reported. Anyway, people using it risk their gear disappearing every time they use it, so I doubt its ever going to be wide spread.