C0LDKILL (DayZ)

Preventing server hopping

Is there anyway to make characters server specific? So every server would have a different profile for your account. This way you couldn't move your character to better positioning on a different server, then relog back in your server.

Where you log off is where you log in, every time

Edited by C0LDKILL

Different databases for each server would do the trick.

But I dont know about that, I dont have a specific server to play, I usually play on US56 but sometimes is dark as hell, so I go to a different server, because night in this game is pitch black

• Like 2

This would defeat the purpose of the DayZ mod.

Originally in ARMA 2, your character is only session specific.

The DayZ mod specifically made your character cross-server, by creating the Hive server, where everything is stored.

So no, this won't happen.

So , ghosting seems to just be a part of the game then aye?

So frustrating to be an honest player and get into fight after fight only to have fool after fool (or pussy after pussy), Disconnect after being shot or you kill half the crew and the other half logs out so they can ghost behind you or into your camp etc.... absolutely ridiculous..

Samuel L Jackson, JM, Crst, Zeb,this is your warning : we will eventually remember to turn on FRAPS and we will catch you cheating lil bitches on camera... count on it.

side note: five of six of these lil girls died during their lame ass cheating attempt last night on US 559, no proof but remember the names, they run together (about six of them) .. video proof will be added once obtained..

sorry for the bitch fest I am fed up with lil girls who can't aim, can't fight, whatever who feel they have to cheat to accomplish anything in game... God only knows if you wear lil pink panties in real life as well...

• Like 1

Been away for a week, so dunno if it's changed. But there are servers that store a single character which can only be used on that server. Scared the crap out of me the first time I logged on one, as I had the option for male or female when my character was fine.

This would defeat the purpose of the DayZ mod.

Originally in ARMA 2, your character is only session specific.

The DayZ mod specifically made your character cross-server, by creating the Hive server, where everything is stored.

So no, this won't happen.

If you have any other ideas to fix this kind of cheating then please share with us your suggestions.

I think a best case scenerio solution is to save last known location and times on each server. So then a server can say if you were online in the last 20 minutes on this server then you will return to that last known position. Essentially you should never disconnect form a server in this time frame and have moved locations on another server. Simple, fairly easy to implement imo, and should be effective.

Edited by blazedd

If you have any other ideas to fix this kind of cheating then please share with us your suggestions.

My only suggestion was the general "Add delay for when you log out."

But Rocket has stated that it's impossible to implement due to ARMA 2's netcode.

That's why I have nothing to share, besides my opinion about this idea.

I think some Hive <--> server balance is the answer here. have them both track the stuff and watch for patterns.

Just realized that the last post was in July (followed a link here). Sorry for the necrothreading. Ignore please.

Edited by Tigerbeetweenie