Sign in to follow this  
hooligan (DayZ)

Until duping is fixed...

take AS50's and L85's out of the fucking game.

and if it ever does get fixed, make these weapons rare as fuck.

i'm sick of seeing fully geared ghillie fags in cherno/electro with AS50's and L85's. it's becoming a thermal/one shot kill war now.

i have no problem with the weapons themselves, but when everyone and their mother has them, it's just fucking stupid.

thanks

• Like 12

Bad news

Rocket said that removing duping is impossible unless they fix the engine.

Yeah, i know... It sucks

I think its possible to fix the duping ;)

and dont post again about removing AS50! >:( or i'll shoot you!

Edited by DooM4MR

So we're basically Call of Duty with more bugs and questionable controls.

• Like 1

I agree, they need to be made much rarer and the ammo like rocking horse shit rare!

Duping can't be fixed, rocket said that. And how would a change in the engine fix the desync?! oh dudes.. cmon

• Like 1

I agree. Everyone we run into these days is sporting NVGs, Rangefinder, L85 and usually at least one AS50 in their group. We have so many now it's kind of ridiculous.

At least if everyone is running around with things like M24s, M4A1 CCO SD, etc. it's not that game breaking with thermal + 1k one shot snipes.

LOL. u mad bro? Always works, imagine if anyone who said u mad bro on an internet gaming forum was banned,lol , there simply would be no forums anymore. Enjoy reporting my post though. Aaah some people are so easy to wind up.

I don't like you.

• Like 2

Duping can't be fixed, rocket said that. And how would a change in the engine fix the desync?! oh dudes.. cmon

It's not caused by desync, it's entirely server side. Perhaps he should walk across the hall and mention to BIS that, well, this little mod that has put their awful game at the top of Steam... it kind of needs them to fix this very basic issue.

LOL. u mad bro? Always works, imagine if anyone who said u mad bro on an internet gaming forum was banned,lol , there simply would be no forums anymore. Enjoy reporting my post though. Aaah some people are so easy to wind up.

Actually anyone who types that anywhere should be instantly neutered so they don't contaminate the gene pool. :P

• Like 1

why do you like winding people up?

i bet you're just a shitty person in real life

Why does one person hate beef and another one loves it?

Comments like "U Mad Bro?" only get to you if you let them.

It's the internet, this is nothing new, and you should be used to this by now...

duping can't be fixed?

then take out L85's and AS50's

at least a M107 can't be spammed as much as an AS50.

Rocket could, but that would mean they would have to wipe the hive.

You see, if he took the weapon spawns out of the game today, they are still being duped. It would take a hive reset to remove them.

Edited by Mega_Death

I don't agree with taking out these weapons mainly because I have seen NO ONE carry/use them at all. The best weapons I've seen from other players are the CZ and the FN FAL. Maybe being surrounded/shot at/killed by these weapons has made you think that they're common. The fact that I haven't met a soul with one has made me think that no one has them. Bother.

Rocket could, but that would mean they would have to wipe the hive.

You see, if he took the weapon spawns out of the game today, they are still being duped. It would take a hive reset to remove them.

Bullshit. Run a SQL update to remove all of them and update the Hive code to strip the weapons from any updates sent to it. At some point every server restarts, as soon as it does the information that comes back from the Hive on login is going to be missing said weapons.

Done.

Edited by thekab
  • Like 1

No, they don't have to reset the hive to remove certain items from their database

So why can't the dupeing be fixed in the engine, when there have already been a few DayZ-centric changes done in the beta patches ? I thought those contain engine fixes ?

And what about the "backpacks eat your items if theres not enough space" thing, is this also a magically unfixable engine thing ?

So, let me get this straight...because of duping, they should remove just two guns from the game...because austensibly it means that everyone has a better chance at killing everyone else? What am I missing? Everyone can kill everyone? So, are you just opposed at dying? Or dying without knowing where you got killed from? Or dying in one shot? I don't understand your complaint.

Yes, duping is bad. Mkay. But it really doesn't change much. How can you tell? Because you were getting killed before everyone (and you don't know if it's 100% of the player base by the way) starting duping all their l33t lutz. I am pretty sure you died a few times without ever knowing who did it. From where. Or how.

How about you take a second and actually write something about duping...and keep your death compliants out. You sound like my 16 year son bitching at CoD or BF3 about the weapon a person killed him with. If you listen to him for a couple hours you notice a pattern: X gun shouldn't be that powerful. X gun shouldn't be that easy to get. X ammo shouldn't be that powerful.

You sir don't like getting killed. You don't like other playrs interrupting your game and you are grasping for straws. I can say, with 99% certainty that if Rocket did take the afore mentioned offensive weaponry from the game...you'd start complainging about M24s and eventually the Enfield and shotguns.

If I have erroneously commented on your personal nature, please accept my appologies. But since I have heard these same arguments on countless games over the last 25 years of gaming...I can say with almost perfect assurances that you sir shouldn't play a game where the opponent, environmental or player based has any equality of access to game equipment as you.

Out.

Edited by Demon20
  • Like 2

Demon20, I think it is because these are the two most powerful guns. One is a one-hitter and the other is OMGHAX when used to spot/kill other people. Removing these would level the playingfield a *bit*. TBH, the AS50 isn't the bigger problem, at least you can hide from that one.

There's three guns in the game that do the following:

1. Make it trivially easy to spot survivors, especially at long distances and especially in foliage.

2. Make it trivially easy to instantly kill said survivor at ranges exceeding 1km.

One in particular is useful for #2. They're supposed to be very rare. If you don't understand how those guns going from very rare to easily equipping entire squads with them changes the very nature of the game then I don't know what to say. Anyone who doesn't dupe to equip themselves with these is screwed against them. On the other hand a group duping M4A1 CCO SDs, as an example, can still be taken rather easily by a group with nothing but Lee Enfields. They're on relatively equal grounds for spotting and the engagement is going to be 200-600m.

"u mad bro" has to be one of the most tedious responses you get on forums.

The OP has a point to make and it probably comes off the back of being killed several times by a weapon [he considers] to be overpowered, so yes 'bro' he probably is a little cheesed off. What he doesn't need it to be patronised by a pedantic keyboard warrior.

With regards to the original topic, I tend to stay away from Cherno/Elektro so haven't come across this problem to any degree, although I am of the opinion that the better military weapons need to be toned down significantly.

Making rare items even more rare doesn't punish the dupers; it punishes those that aquire items 'naturally'. The gear gap of high end items between the dupers and non-dupers will increase - not decrease.

Anyway, I guarantee you that many, many more players are killed by Winchesters, Enfields, pistols, and AK variants than are killed by AS50s and L85s.

Also, removing top-tier items from the game will only redifine what's considered 'top-tier'. Many players (myself included) spend much of the beginning of a new life in long searches to aquire better weapons and items. Players like goals in a game like this. The more lengthy this list of weapons/items to work towards/through, the longer I'm going to be searching and looking for these items as my primary goal. What that means is that my primary goal during this time IS NOT simply looking for other players to kill. If there are no high end weapons or items to look for, a big part of the game is removed. If that's removed, guess what I'm going to fill my time with? You guessed it: hunting other players with an Enfield as soon as I get it, two cans of beans, and a canteen 10 minutes after spawning.

Making rare items even more rare doesn't punish the dupers; it punishes those that aquire items 'naturally'. The gear gap of high end items between the dupers and non-dupers will increase - not decrease.

Anyway, I guarantee you that many, many more players are killed by Winchesters, Enfields, pistols, and AK variants than are killed by AS50s and L85s.

Also, removing top-tier items from the game will only redifine what's considered 'top-tier'. Many players (myself included) spend much of the beginning of a new life in long searches to aquire better weapons and items. Players like goals in a game like this. The more lengthy this list of weapons/items to work towards/through, the longer I'm going to be searching and looking for these items as my primary goal. What that means is that my primary goal during this time IS NOT simply looking for other players to kill. If there are no high end weapons or items to look for, a big part of the game is removed. If that's removed, guess what I'm going to fill my time with? You guessed it: hunting other players with an Enfield as soon as I get it, two cans of beans, and a canteen 10 minutes after spawning.

You didn't say anything that addressed the point. More rare wouldn't do anything, that's why the word removed was used. And it would change top tier, that's exactly the point. It would change top tier to something that isn't horrendously overpowered when duped.

He could just add a limiter to the amount of available spawns for a certain item.

Therefore if any more are added into the game, they are deleted, and the player that does it is banned?

It does seem a bit odd that the only places I find these weapons are with other identical weapons, stacked in a player's vehicle or tent. I have looted thousands of military spawns, looted the barracks hundreds of times, searched over a hundred chopper crashes. Never found NVGs or AS50 or L85 anywhere except on players and in their stuff, usually with more than one together. Seems like if you see this equipment at all its a fairly safe bet that it has been duplicated. If you care about dying, and want an even playing field, you may want to start duplicating items yourself. You will likely never see the squads of guys who have all this stuff, you will be dead, because it really is THAT MUCH better. I usually get my gear from other players and their camps, and I can confidently tell you, duping items and rolling large groups is how this game is played at a high level. A solo player is not even a nuisance, death is not even an inconvenience. If this is not how you roll, expect to be permanently on the receiving end. This playstyle breaks the game for the realism guys and the survivalists, but the PVPr's love this - to them its all about killing players with as little downtime as possible and having the best gear to make it easier. Its really a shame that it can't be fixed, but you can work around it. If you simply rob the super gear from the overstuffed player camps that litter the forest in high pop servers you can have all the best gear and still be proud that you went out and earned it rather than using the Easy-Bake-Tent method.