Hysterics

Seriously this is getting stupid.. Three hours and not a single weapon?

Is this a fucking first person shooter or what? So far I've just been running around, using the poorly designed pick up items system to try and scavenge fucking empty cans of cola, sweeeet. I haven't found a single fucking weapon to defend myself with, I found a hunting knife a minute ago and was like sweet something to defend myself with finally, NOPE, no dice. It's a fucking hunting knife but you can't protect yourself with it. I've watched tutorial videos where the stupid fuck walks into a building and finds THREE WEAPONS. Do I just have the worst fucking possible luck or what? If I take a few hits, which is pretty unavoidable using the shitty pick up items system, my vision starts to go fucking haywire then I can't even see any items if I wanted to. Zombies chase you for fucking ever, and without some way to fucking fight them this game is fucking ridiculously stupid.

• Like 1

::::::::::::: D for the lulz trololo

Try looking in the right places. Barns, warehouses, halls, apartment buildings, big redbrick buildings, etc...

http://dayzdb.com/map

And may I suggest, turn of postprocessing. Sure it looks pretty but it might lag some and makes vision go all blurry.

Edited by Private Poptarts
  • Like 1

This is a 3rd person shooter too.

Weapons are extremely easy to find. Grab an online map and look at the spawns: www.dayzdb.com

Anything else to complain about on a free, unfinished mod?

• Like 4

just need to know the right buildings. IF you really want to find out fast, use http://dayzdb.com/map

People might say using an out of game map is cheating, but they already know the locations, lol . Scroll over locations and it tells you if its high value building, low,etc

• Like 1

You will learn how to avoid zeds easily the more you play! As for weapons go to an airfield or a supermarket - these seem reliable for me in the past!

It's a survival game mod not a true fps so chill and keep looting! All else fails try a different server?

Is this a fucking first person shooter or what? So far I've just been running around, using the poorly designed pick up items system to try and scavenge fucking empty cans of cola, sweeeet. I haven't found a single fucking weapon to defend myself with, I found a hunting knife a minute ago and was like sweet something to defend myself with finally, NOPE, no dice. It's a fucking hunting knife but you can't protect yourself with it. I've watched tutorial videos where the stupid fuck walks into a building and finds THREE WEAPONS. Do I just have the worst fucking possible luck or what? If I take a few hits, which is pretty unavoidable using the shitty pick up items system, my vision starts to go fucking haywire then I can't even see any items if I wanted to. Zombies chase you for fucking ever, and without some way to fucking fight them this game is fucking ridiculously stupid.

I know, right?

This game is fucking amazing, it can be hard as shit.

• Like 1

What Gogster said. No, Hysterics it isn't a shooter game. It's a survival game. Some people never get a weapon. They don't want one.

• Like 2

It's funny how frustrated players get when they come into this mod expecting an fps. Zed AI and PvP is so broken the game is barely an fps. Like the posts above, look at a loot map, and find yourself something nice :)

• Like 1

read the fuck a fuckin tutorial or watch a fuckin youtube video - short: rtfm

over fuck and out

• Like 10

read the fuck a fuckin tutorial or watch a fuckin youtube video - short: rtfm

over fuck and out

Finally, FUCK YES! :D

• Like 3

funny how many people buy a game (or in this case down load a mod) just because there is hype about it rather than actually having a clue what its like.

seriously there are masses of youtube videos and tutorials, try looking at them before going off on one about how bad the game is.

• Like 3

By the sounds of it, you wanted to try a new version of CoD Zombie mode. Which in your case, this is far from it.

Do you always hate on what you dont understand. The inventory system is fine. You just dont know how to use it. Dont post here with your rants just play the game and learn.

Bro idk what you are doing, but you are doing if 100% wrong. Barns are meh for guns, only use them if you are too scared to go into the city. CITIES are the way to go if you are starting off and want some shit fast. Find a map online to show you where all deer stands are and go look in those, they tend to have good loot

Bro idk what you are doing, but you are doing if 100% wrong. Barns are meh for guns, only use them if you are too scared to go into the city. CITIES are the way to go if you are starting off and want some shit fast. Find a map online to show you where all deer stands are and go look in those, they tend to have good loot

I don't know, I've always found good primaries in barns. Cities I usually only find secondaries in.

The exception to this is the military tents in Cherno or the firestations (and I guess a few other places I've seen lee enfields like the churches).

I'm rarely disappointed with a high value barn. I've been disappointed plenty of times in the city.

To the OP: You probably are looking in the wrong places. I hate to just parrot what everyone else is saying, but yes, look at the loot map online. You're not going to find an M14 or an AKM looting the low value residential (blue dots).

Look for the big green dots (high value farm or barn). Supermarkets and pubs often spawn secondaries like 1911s or makarovs. Both are useless against players but they're better than nothing if you've got a slow moving zombie stumbling toward you.

Really though, you NEED to learn how to get rid of zombies that are chasing you WITHOUT a gun before you learn how to kill them WITH a gun.

If you think rushing into a building with zombies chasing you, picking up an enfield, and killing that zombie takes care of your problem, you've got another thing (or things) coming. Lots of things.

Edited by hoorah
  • Like 6

Ive never gone longer than 15-20 min max without a weapon. Wonder what i could possibly be doing different.

Ive never gone longer than 15-20 min max without a weapon. Wonder what i could possibly be doing different.

He'll never get anywhere with dumb posts like this. Sometimes you just spawn away from cities or on the far SW border of the map. I think everyone has gone more than 15-20min without a gun. If not, they're spawn-killing themselves with nearby zombies until they pop up in Cherno/Elecktro. But even then, it would take nearly that amount of time to kill yourself over and over...

So playing 100% legit, I call BS.

• Like 2

Sensible comment, Jordan, and helpful in a practical way. :thumbsup:

He'll never get anywhere with dumb posts like this. Sometimes you just spawn away from cities or on the far SW border of the map.

Thats not actually a bad spawn depending on your play style. You can head straight north, hit a bunch of deer stands, and end up in zelenogorsk by the time your hunger meter starts flashing. Town is usually empty and has a bunch of good loot. Now you can decide if you want to head to NW, Stary, or diagonal back to cherno hitting more deer stands on the way.

• Like 3

its all in where you look bud. use the map everyone is linking, you'll find weapons after 5-10 minutes looking in the right spot.

personally i think it is kind of dumb to not provide any in game map when you spawn, since everyone just goes and pulls up the dayzdb map anyways. not only can they figure out where they are, but where all the good loot spawns.

Edited by -Evo

Until you learn the map, don't go running north into the woods. Believe me, I died my first 4-5 lives from running into the woods, getting lost forever and then dying of hunger/thirst because I couldn't find any lootable buildings. Just stay in the cities off the coast. If you do that, you'll never have problems finding guns.

Edited by jmido8
  • Like 2